Byond ID?
    50RemAndCounting

Marine Name
    Sofia Racic

Other Whitelist Applications
    None.

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    George

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes, I have familiarized myself with them and have spoken to other whitelisted synthetics and synthetic councillors with regards to clarifying them.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Synths are allowed to perform combat in emergency self-defence situations. These situations would include, for example, getting cornered by a hostile while away from the frontlines while completely alone or in presence of a marine or marines that are too incapacitated to defend me and/or themselves. Should this happen, the synth must cease combat once the said hostile(s) leave the area or are disabled. Regardless of the situation, however, synthetics are mechanically restricted from using firearms and are able to use only melee weapons.

Synthetic Character Story
    What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    George has affinity for performing and discussing Requisitions and engineering-related tasks. This is primarily manifested by specific verbal and non-verbal cues when the two departments are mentioned or referenced in a conversation with George.

Under no circumstance would George ever neglect or seek to neglect any of the other departments or duties related to them, he simply exhibits positive "reactions" to anything relating the two aforementioned departments.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I am able to set up the Almayer's power (including, of course, setting up SMESes - both the initial setup and tweaking their outputs once all of them are fully charged), load OB/CAS equipment and parts/Tcomms tower and parts entirely by myself quickly and efficiently, and have done so several times as playing MT/CE on lowpop.

I have full knowledge of constructing barricades and weapon emplacements in an at least a reasonably effective and efficient manner. I know how to maintain and repair APCs, build and properly set up new airlocks, dismantle/remove piping, hack/modify vendors and computer circuits etc.

How familiar are you with Command?
    While I have merely played a few rounds as an XO, I have comparably extensive experience playing SO, and I consider myself very well versed in using the Overwatch Console system and all of its functions in an efficient and productive manner.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I've memorized virtually every surgery type method step-by-step (alongside being knowledgeable on the majority of the ghetto alternatives for them), how to make virtually every type of the most requested-used meds/chems, have a lot of experience making custom meds, I have near complete knowledge of virtually every med's usage, effects and OD thresholds, and am able to use all of this knowledge to very effectively heal and treat wounded marines, and being completely able to bring dead marines even with humongous amounts of damage back to life.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I have complete knowledge of requisitions' layout, operations and mechanics and consider myself fully able to run the entire department alone efficiently. This includes me coomposing quality supply drops by myself, being mostly able to discern what needs to be ordered and sent down without external input.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    Marine non-combat and support roles are something I greatly enjoy playing, and these are roles and positions I find myself most comfortable playing as most of the time. Roleplaying is also something I enjoy doing, and quality RPing always makes a round so much more better and fun. Because of all of this, and with my familiarity with synthetic programming and guidelines, I believe that I'm now more than able to be entrusted with a whitelist for the marines' ultimate support role.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No and no.

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    No.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story is fine, surprisingly enough It didnt drag on with 3000 words and it shows your quirk briefly, I can vouch for your experience in shipside roles and your ability to RP (I've had a good time RPing with you, not gonna lie)

Regarding the quirk, I am a tad skeptical how it will perform, is it going to be Greg Lauffer Novels when req and/or engineering gets mentioned? All I know is that maybe its going to be something for CTs and MTs to interact while they have nothing to do mid round (I have a total of 80 hours at req, and It is pretty tedious sitting your ass for the duration of the round waiting for ASRS blessings)

Regardless, I am sure you wont have issues on this app if the council shares the same sentiment, enjoy waiting 2/3 weeks.

+1
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ay thank you very much for the +1 it means a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Me_Bigsnail View Post
    Regarding the quirk, I am a tad skeptical how it will perform, is it going to be Greg Lauffer Novels when req and/or engineering gets mentioned? All I know is that maybe its going to be something for CTs and MTs to interact while they have nothing to do mid round (I have a total of 80 hours at req, and It is pretty tedious sitting your ass for the duration of the round waiting for ASRS blessings)
    No, I don't plan on writing literal paragraphs of pep talk and trivia whenever an MT or a CT so much as breathes. That's gonna get unoriginal, forced and annoying after the 2nd time. Not to mention it would be a huge distraction from me performing my duties, something I believe wouldn't be acceptable.

Like the story suggests, the entire scope of quirk application greatly varies in subtlety. The part where George explains stuff to the PFC in detail represents an extreme case of this, and would pretty much be confined to specific cases, like perhaps even the one you've mentioned. Should it ever happen that I get ordered to help out at engi/req alongside one very struggling CT/MT and the circumstances are right something like that could indeed happen.

But during a normal round as a synthetic I don't expect to be having a lot of downtime to allow me to go out of my way and just chat like that. Neither would I ever just drop whatever I'm currently doing and dash to req because a CT over req channel said he's bored or something, as I've hinted in the quirk description.

What's much more likely in the average round is that the quirk would manifest itself in a more subtle manner. It could be as simple as giving a differently toned response to a request/order. For example:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Vs.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

A slightly less subtle application would be a simple "How do you do/is everything all right" to the department crew while passing by engi/req. Or just asking the (a)CO while reporting to the CIC if req/engineering requires my attention if I don't get ordered to do something straight away in the opening moments of the conversation.

(And if you're sitting in req bored you could always ask to go on a scavenging run through the squad preps. M41A magazines are usually in high demand throughout the round and you could vend all those unused sidearms collecting dust in the weapons vendors, then haul them to your autolathe and feed it to print some metal to send down. It's all a tedious and takes a while but some rounds it beats doing nothing and might even help tip the balance in marines' favour. )
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1

I have read through the story, and found it rather interesting and highly descriptive. I have seen you around, and am confident you can take on this role quite well.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did you choose to write an 8 page story?

If you had to give me the highlights of your synthetic showcase, what would they be and why?

What's the most important role for a synth to know?

What's your greatest worry about playing synth?
    Synthetic Senator

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    Why did you choose to write an 8 page story?
    While I've been interested in applying for the Synthetic Whitelist for a while now, the entire process of picking an adequate/acceptable quirk had been very offputting to me at first. Picking one and fleshing it out is something I've deliberated on a lot, as I wanted to make absolutely sure that the said quirk would be acceptable and that it would constitute something I would actually enjoy roleplaying as. I wasn't comfortable with writing a few-hundred-words story that's just there to tick all the boxes, I wished to write something that would (hopefully) be actually enjoyable enough to read - if not for others, then at least on me when I'd look back on the said story in a couple months.

For these two reasons combined I've opted to write the story I had - to show how serious I am about this.
    If you had to give me the highlights of your synthetic showcase, what would they be and why?
    Like it's been hinted by Me_Bigsnail's question and my answer to him, I believe that George's biggest appeal to the random player would be the opportunity for some engaging roleplay involving the Almayer's two most boring, soul-draining and neglected departments to play as. Not only would doing that fulfill my quirk's intention but it could also potentially get more players interested in delving further into and playing more as one of the req/engineering roles. Good players that more-or-less regularly play those two depts. in particular are always in demand, imo.

What's the most important role for a synth to know?
    Anything and everything medical-related, no contest. It's not the end of the world if you forget a step or two in repairing a completely broken APC and have to open the wiki page to figure out which step you've skipped, but not knowing surgery, not knowing what does each of the basic meds do and what are their OD limits, not knowing how to use the health analyzer properly or how does bone-breaking function related to damage taken... that's very not good.

In my opinion and experience, missteps and hiccups while doing overwatch, req, or engi is something most players would forgive you. Being bad at medical stuff, however... absolutely not.

What's your greatest worry about playing synth?
    Honestly I can't think of anything in particular. I consider myself being fully able to perform whatever I'd be legally ordered to do, and since I'm not an aggressive kind of player at all, I don't believe I'll have any issues with potential combat synthing and the like. I think I've observed other synthetics enough to discern myself how to act in any given situation.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My name is Yuri Gennedy Gregorovich and I approve of this app +1

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story was long, but fine. I've seen you in action and you're pretty good at the game (not as good as me though :smirk. Overall, I have no issues with you being able to play beep boop man.+1
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice application, story's okay, quirk is unique too. Also a decent player who I know knows how to play, fat +1 from me.

Some questions for you:

Do you know how to identify and do field surgery without a body scanner (such as maps like CORSAT that come with them in convenient places)?

The XO demands you to man CASEVAC, and a JTAC spotter is screaming at you to send a Fatty. What do you do?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good role player.

Plus 1
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler: