User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are rounds too short now?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes they need to be longer

101 78.29%
  • No they are just right

24 18.60%
  • No they need to be shorter

4 3.10%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rounds are too short now

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't be creative as a Engineer as reasons stated, and also because you spawn with 25 metal 10 plastisteel and the only good things you can spend points on as a Engineer is Plastisteel (can get a maximum of 60 from 45 points) or Claymores.

Metal gets killed in a couple swipes while Plastisteel can survive a Queen screech + T3's and can be welded to repair it. Its literally the only reliable cade right now.

Claymores can insta kill or crit xenos if placed on offensive chokes / defensive chokes that most xenos go to.

Everything else is useless due to how powerful and tanky xenos are now. On top of that you don't even get enough of said useless cades because you have to rely on map resources (recycling) or Requisitions (be lucky and order metal first). Both are unreliable.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Self Destruct needs to return, it was a real fun end that actually felt intense.

This "fuck about the ship with xenos" bullshit is bland and uninspired. I've watched it boil down to 3 options 1: civis and marines Evacing. 2: a lame ass last stand in the hanger. 3: A death march around the ship till we find the crash site.

It's really silly that instead of adding new features and mechanics the response has been to simply remove these features.

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I aired my opinions on round length in the forum post regarding the CL and stated that I think rounds are far too short now.

Anytime I try to set up a mini event in the round, 95% of the time Marines can't get to it because they are being wiped out far too early or are stomping the hive before the hour mark. It makes events that are not based shipside or directly at the LZs pretty much impossible to run/people to have fun with.

I'm not asking for 7 hour rounds. But I'd like to see most have engagements on the ground for the better part of two hours. With the Almayer fight occurring at or just after the two hour mark.
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the best and most memorable rounds I've ever had was that Clone Wars round on Ice Colony that lasted 5 Hours.

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePiachu View Post
    Yeah, that's probably what we'll be aiming to do. Midgame is where the fun is at!
    If you're looking for a suggestion on more stats analysis, you could pull the length of pre-deployment using round start until the first logged shuttle launch, and length of midgame from the above until the queen shuttle launch log.

That might give you a clearer picture.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give marines something for exchange for setting outposts deeper in the colony and guarding them. It could be something like a beacon of some signal that weakens xenos over time, or something. Thanks to that we would have a reason to not rush and defend a place that isn't FoB. That would extend the round thanks to less casualities from early pushes.

Also give marine ghosts something to do for marines. I propose old maintenance drones with pistol and some ammo that have to obey all orders.
    Thanks to that we would have less complains about long waiting for next round if somebody died early, becouse they can still play and kill evil benos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, if you buff both sides, xenos are always going to come out on top. Because more damage = more crippling power. Every slash is more potent because you might cut off a limb, or break a bone. Whilst every stray bullet that hits a marine, might cut off a head, or break a bone.

That's why when both sides were relatively weak stat-wise, marines started doing a lot better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rounds end faster due to marines wanting to win as much as xenos, that's how I see it. Nobody likes playing ice because it's a guaranteed win for xenos, and if it isn't, the xenos will just delay and run around the map. If rounds were more engaging then that'd be more different. Instead, we get marines having to rush the hive to stomp xenos because if you don't an elder crusher will decimate groundside marines with no chance of dying. Perhaps removing age will make marines less inclined to feel the need to attempt to pubstomp xenos.

On a side note: Corporate Liasons and events.

I understand that sometimes CL's and researchers aren't that creative and so on. So when they ask for certain things they get shut down. The issue I have is that only a few CL's will get what they ask for. But if you judge every CL by the actions of the best too much you'll create a large gap where a newer player would get overwhelmed with what they need to write down to even get a response.
    Like, I get it, certain CL's are just better than the rest, but that doesn't merit ignoring the rest simply because they're not good enough. Some people will just be better and if you raise the bar too high, no one is going to give a fuck about the role. Also, the researcher should have more to do.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate the idea of a 3 hour or 4 hour round.

So I'd like to keep my long rounds at 2 hours. As we can get more rounds in and 2 hours is more than enough time to enjoy your spec round. Nobody wants to sit in deadchat and watch yall play for 3 hours straight, especially if they don't want to play xeno.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bancrose View Post
    I hate the idea of a 3 hour or 4 hour round.

So I'd like to keep my long rounds at 2 hours. As we can get more rounds in and 2 hours is more than enough time to enjoy your spec round. Nobody wants to sit in deadchat and watch yall play for 3 hours straight, especially if they don't want to play xeno.
    That's exactly why we need longer rounds. Maybe you will be more careful if you have to wait 2 hours to play again. Maybe you will act a little more realistic instead of charging in and dying for no reason. Either way if you don't want to play xeno and you aint playing a game on the side while waiting for the next round you are doing it wrong.