Byond ID?
    SimPleCitES

CM Character?
    Xin Zic, XI-XXX-N1

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    Eastern Standard Time Zone (EST)

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    24 Hours

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I’ve never been a staff member before on a Space Station 13 Server. Although I have on multiple Garry’s Mod HL2:RP servers in the past.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Paradise Station, though not as much as I used to, and Desert Rose on occasion.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    1st Moderator Application:
    //showthrea...or-Application

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No, I’m not currently staff anywhere else.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No, I haven’t.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Banned on Paradise Station a few months ago for self-antagging.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes, I am.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Firstly, I’d look over the player’s notes and player time. If they appear to be new, I’d instruct them to look over the Marine Quick Guide after linking it to them and the Server Rules with a stern warning of their previous behavior.

If they weren’t new, I’d PM them asking them to explain themself. Depending on if this is a pattern based on their notes, I’d issue a punishment accordingly as this falls under a breach of Rule 4. It’d likely be a note or ban.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Firstly, I’d look over the logs of the situation to determine whether this is actually a rule breach or whitelist breach.

If it was a rule breach, I’d get both of their sides and, examine their notes, and go on from there with the punishments.

If it was a whitelist breach, I’d look into the logs myself and inform the player that filed the report that they should collect as much evidence as they can and make a report after round end, definitely not during the current round here:

//forumdisp...eport-a-Player
    I’d further inform them that that is a problem for the whitelist council to deal with.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Firstly, I’d check their player time. I’d PM them instructing them how to reply to the PM and how to use the mentor help / admin help system for any follow-up questions they may have.

I’d then link them the Rules and the Marine Quick-Guide and PM a SEA to meet up with them to teach them the basics.

https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Marine_Quickstart_Guide

https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Rules

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Firstly, I’d check their player time and previous notes. This will help me determine if they’ve been like this before and have been punished for it or if they should have enough play time to know behavior like this is not allowed on the server.

Depending on the info, I’d inform them that since I took their report I’m to deal with it. On a side note, I’d mute their ahelps if it got too far, telling them to calm down and take a break. If they persisted in other communications, I’d likely give out a 3 hour cooldown ban for the individual and mark their notes of their behavior.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Firstly, I’d look over their play time and notes will help determine if they’re doing this intentionally or is just new to the server.

If new, I’d simply instruct them a name generic like that goes against Rule 12 and they need to give me a name to change it to. I’d also give them the Rules and the Marine Quick-Guide.

If not new, I’d simply PM them that they should know better that this name is against the rules and they need to give me a name to change it to. I’d likely give out a warning or put this on their notes to mark down a possible pattern.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Firstly, this seems to be an IC issue. As long as it doesn’t breach Rule 2, this behavior seems okay to me and gives the Military Police something to deal with as long as the character’s actions are roleplayed accordingly.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Firstly, since the rule that survivors must remain at least neutral to marines is still around, I’d likely check the survivor’s notes and play time.

If they seem like a new survivor player, they likely don’t know about the rule and I’d be lenient, inform them about the rule and that they need to follow it for the future. They’d get a slap on the wrist as the marine will likely be defib’d anyways.

If they aren’t new, I’d ask them why they did that. I’d likely check their notes for patterns in behavior and end it with an additional note or a ban from survivor.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Firstly, I’d check the MP’s play time and notes.

If they seem to be relatively new, I’d likely PM them instructing them that they need to look over Marine Law and the Rules more thoroughly before playing MP. I’d inform them that Rule 15 requires this.

If they are not new, I’d check for previous patterns of this. PM them for their explanation. It’ll likely end in an addition to notes, or ban from MP/CMP.

In both cases I’d inform the MP to let the player go as they were brigged improperly.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Firstly,
    I’d send a message as the Queen Mother: The Hive is lost, try to take down as many talls as possible to avenge the Hive.
    I’d also send a private message to the commanding officer at the time informing them they need to order the marines to push and end this.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Firstly, I’d take down what I saw occur and simply inform another staff member to handle the issue after letting them know what I witnessed.

With previous time as a staff member, it’s always been a personal rule not to administrate in affairs myself is involved in if I can help it.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Firstly, I’d inform the player that made the report that EORG only applies to a friendly faction member attacking another friendly faction member.

In this case, the USCM is enemies with the CLF so this is fine and no rule breaking has occurred.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Firstly, this may seem like an IC issue on the surface. As long as it does fall into the lines of Rule 4, I’d let this persist and hopefully see the Military Police end up dealing with the marine. I’d also look over their play time, notes, and current actions as it could be they’re roleplaying out in some manner and it’ll also help me determine if this is all done maliciously or not. I may also suggest a break from the server to the marine if it is the case.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Firstly, I’d look over the murderer’s play time and notes.

If they seem new, I’d likely inform them to read the Rules and such as they broke Rule 14 which is escalation of force. I’d likely give a stern warning and inform them to bring the dead marine to a medic.

If they don’t seem new, I’d ask them to explain themself. If a pattern is notable, I’d likely apply a note at the least or issue a ban from the server.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Firstly, I’d send an MOOC announcement out that the current mutiny does not meet the requirements. I’d send a link to the page where the requirements are and inform them in MOOC that persisting is against the rules and will result in administrative action.

If they continue, I’d do a mass sleep to the mutineers and check their playtime and notes and add comments if needed or issue out bans.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Firstly, I’d inform the player that made the report that IC racism is fine. Though if the racism crosses into the OOC line, then that is against the rules and they should report that to staff. I’d cite Rule 3 and send the reporter the rules to look over it.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Firstly, I’d just immediately issue a 7-Day Ban to the player and likely file in a permanent ban request on the player afterwards.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Firstly, I’d ask the player why they did that in a PM. I’d inform them they violated Rule 2. I’d also check their previous time spent in the current round to see if they were killed by xenos earlier. Depending on all of this, I’d likely issue a ban from xeno or a 3 hour cooldown ban with a note added.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Firstly, I’d inform the player that insulting the queen and typing things like ‘ayylmao’ is considered Low Roleplay and not up to standards with our Medium Roleplay Standards.

I’d examine their notes and playtime and determine from there if they should know better. I’d either issue a warning or add a note to their file depending on the outcome.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Firstly, I’d inform the player that made the report that hivemind is an english translation of their thoughts. So using that terminology is okay.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Firstly, I’d PM the command member that they know the basics and the structure of the xenos but they are not supposed to know xenos are on the planet. Only that a distress call was sent.

I’d likely give a warning for this though if the notes show a pattern, a note might be given.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Firstly, the main consideration here is Rule 2. If everything is roleplayed out, then this is perfectly fine. A human saving their own life by killing another is perfectly within bounds of what someone realistically would do.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Firstly, I’d attempt to calm the player down. If they persist a mute of LOOC or dchat may suffice. If they persist, I’d likely issue a 3-hour cooldown ban and mark down their attitude in their notes.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Firstly, I’d inform the player that this server has no rules against attacking SSD players.

In relation to that, an SSD xeno can be killed by marines, just like an SSD marine can be killed by xenos. I’d then inform them they need to seek out medical treatment ICly for the removal of the larva within them.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Firstly, I know personally no one likes being called out publicly. So I’d likely send the staff member a DM on discord and talk to them about it instead of bringing it up in front of everyone else that can see said messages.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Firstly, I’d likely stay on the sidelines for this. Though I’d message a manager about this and encourage the two to also do the same. Sometimes a third party is the best solution to a problem and you can only learn from situations really.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    To be blunt, it comes down to these reasons:
    Where others may enjoy spriting, coding, or mapping for the community, I enjoy moderating and making sure everyone is enjoying the server within boundaries.
    I want to actually contribute more to the community than just as a player.
    I sometimes make videos, and as a side thing may find that it’ll assist in making videos of the server.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    As stated in my last application:
    Clarity, Empathy, Understanding, and Flexibility.

Anything else you
    Even though my time zone is Eastern Standard, my sleeping schedule does not follow that. So I am able to administrate through all hours of the day randomly.

On another side note, I thank some of you for giving me advice.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for applying for moderator!

I ain't got much to say as the app is done well and ya show you care. I also don't recall anything bad and you seemed pretty decent on the discord.

Also your playtime has improved and you're making decent time in just this month so no problems there.

+1 from me and I'll be lookin forward to interacting with ya more in the future.
    Last edited by Doctor Compy; 02-17-2020 at 05:41 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Echoing Doc here better much ya improved ya playtime which was the kicker last time around so yea +1

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello SimPleCitES, thanks for re-applying!

Regarding your answers, here's just several things I want to divert your attention to:

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Adminhelp muting isn't a thing. If someone starts calling you names and slurs, that's an automatic 3-hour timeout. Being hostile and aggressive to any and all staff members (alongside community mentors) is something we have a very low tolerance for.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    We literally have it written in big bad red text whenever you connect to the server that, per management decision, hostile survivors are not allowed. While wanting to be lenient towards completely new players is understandable, ignorance is not an excuse. Doubly so for something like this. And it's all written there, clear as day, as our welcome message. You can't let go players "with a slap on their wrist" for this. Not to mention, timelocks are a thing now, and you'll need 3 hours of playtime as a standard marine to unlock survivor IIRC.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    A case like this would very likely constitute a rule 3 violation as well. Also, we don't tell people to "take a break from the game", unless you're using this as an euphemism for banning them.

There are a couple more minor mistakes in some of your other answers but overall I'm convinced that you have a solid enough grasp on the rules. I'm happy to see you've taken the advice to get more playtime seriously and it shows. I see you've been somewhat more active on Discord, even. In conclusion, I think you're ready for a trial.

+1 from me.
    Last edited by 50RemAndCounting; 02-18-2020 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Made the +1 bigger and fatter after reading OP's reply to Dorkkeli's question.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi.
    Tell me a bit about your past as Gmod staff.
    What made you stop?
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohey, it be you again.

I see that the problem that was present at the time of your previous application has been sufficiently addressed.

Acceptable answers, with a few exceptions.

+1
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    Hi.
    Tell me a bit about your past as Gmod staff.
    What made you stop?
    That's a great question to ask. Let's see. The oldest picture I have of me playing HL2-RP on Garry's Mod (which is where I staffed) is from... [Nov 16, 2014 @ 10:10pm] according to steam. And I remember this is a picture I took when the first server I ever staffed on was about to close down. So I've probably been playign since.. The start of 2014 at the earliest. The latest last picture of me playing HL2-RP on Garry's Mod is from... [Apr 18, 2018 @ 11:57pm] It is safe to say I've been playing HL2-RP and staffing on them for around four years. I mainly staffed on three servers, though my memory isn't that good so I'm not going to go into the specifics. It is safe to say that I stayed with 2 of the servers until they closed down, and the third (and last) server is where I resigned.

The reason for resigning is likely silly, but I was with this community for the longest amount of time. And the owner eventually said that they wanted less staff so I quite literally just handed in my resignation for a few reasons which I'll list below:

- The server had turned into a political nightmare. People were blackmailing others, trying to find dirt on everyone and the like. I just got tired of it.
    - I've done everything and anything possible in the Half-Life 2 roleplay universe. There wasn't really that much left to do.
    - I wanted to move on from the server in general, I was leading an entire faction on my own and with college coming up it was too much to deal with.

Not to mention that HL2-RP is entirely different from SS13RP in a lot of ways. I'd dare say that HL2-RP is much more serious overall. This is because everything you do you have to roleplay out. Picking something up, aiming something, shooting something, you needed to write out a line of text saying what you were doing, how, to who, etc.
    It isn't like SS13 how every round restarts everything and everyone can come back from death and the like. HL2-RP has no combat system, no medical system. You just have a life bar and once it runs out you die, and can keep performing the same way from 100 to 0 health.
    In this regard, while people are supposed to make characters that aren't based off themselves, its very hard to do that. So everyone made characters pretty much related to themselves, and gets connected to them. Now with this being the case, there are things called 'PKs' (permanent kills) on HL2-RP which means when the character dies (in whatever fashion the server deems fit with their rules) the character is permanently killed and is no longer allowed to be played. As I said before, the gamemode is continous so you mourn someone's death and you can't just come around on the character again and be like 'hey!'. So in this regard, when people engage in combat there are two main combat schemes, which was S2K and S2RP. There is a third one but I'm not going to get into that one. S2K is 'shooting to kill' just when you want to kill someone you just click until they're dead. Basically COD, no roleplay involved. S2RP is shooting to roleplay, basically you roleplay out everything you do in combat. They both have pros and cons. But usually servers have rules where if your character dies in a S2RP, they get PK'd where if they die via S2K it is just NLR, 'new life rule' meaning they forget all events that led up to their death and it was just a random joe or jane that died in their place. Like I said earlier, no one wants to lose their character as it is a part of themself. So on the server, which was the last one, I administered on, in mostly all cases if you died in S2RP you got PK'd. The server was S2RP based. With no medical system, people would do the most insane things in combat, they'd complain in LOOC 'oh you can do that I shot you x times' etc etc. Mostly all combat on the server got a staff member called to it and they had to watch over it and dictate what happens and what doesn't realistically. This is accounting for: [kevlar, caliber, weapons, where things are hit, how fast people can do actions] it is just insane. And if people don't like the outcome..? There was a section on the forms for Permanent Kill Appeals. All of this was just a little too much. I eventually found SS13, a server where there IS a combat, medical system. Everything is the same. Everyone has the same chances. So here I am.

Pretty much what I was going through is, imagine two people want to fight, xeno or marine or whatever. You as the staff member have to go to every combat that happens in the game and dictate what hits and what misses, blocks, how much damage it does, when someone dies. And you know neither side will ever be completely happy with the result. Pretty much insanity.

Also thanks to everyone else for their feedback and comments. I appreciate it!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
    snip snap
    Sounds like an ungodly clusterfuck.
    Hope you find solace here.

+1
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    +1

No need to echo.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like the last app, this is pretty good, and your playtime is strong. I believe you've earned a shot at a trial.

This application has been accepted. More details will be found in your forum inbox.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.