Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how to survive?

Greetings.
    As you know, we're on dev branch now.
    Let's talk about survivors and surviving. Look:
    Young xenos becoming mature in 12:05, T2s in 12:06 and T3s in 12:12.
    Early, survivors could barricade, well.. secure storage, shock marshalls and hold until marines will come to save em.
    Now.. Honestly, I don't know how to survive as survivor now.
    I can see not many ways to survive:
    a) t2s evolving in gang of ravs and praes without crushers or boilers
    b) xenos just didn't find ya
    c) t3s don't wanna chill in colony(they're sitting near queen)
    d) survivors are really very ultra robust and pro gamers.
    Your suggestions?
    Last edited by GeniyEvgeniy; 02-17-2020 at 03:55 PM. Reason: just need to redact

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Survivors can't really survive any more, devs and staff have said a couple of times that balancing things for survivor, as in making it fun to play survivor, is not important.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surv is a meme anyway. Serves no purpose other than give benos something to do before Marines drop. Some benos take it to the extreme, charging with larvae to the armory, evolving somewhere near and jumping onto some poor shmuck with peestol and no ammo yet.

Glorious locker hiding on maps with many lockers is the answer. Anything but the LV gives you that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of survivor players don't really play survivor with the goal of surviving. If that's you, just grab a shotgun, shock some doors and maybe try and take out a xenos or two before you get killed or captured.

Assuming you are playing with the goal of surviving, hiding is absolutely your best bet now. You could also try grouping up and just staying mobile to avoid the T3s, which is way more fun but it's still riskier than hiding if you know what you're doing. Heck, I would say don't even rush shotguns if you're hiding, as xenos will go straight there once they evolve.

Lockers are a good start, but the real way to go is coffins. As long as you have a few planks of wood, you can build a coffin anywhere, including places xenos won't necessarily think to go and look in lockers. Just make sure you turn your light off before getting in, and try to grab a radio so you know when to make a run for it.

The real downside is that hiding is kind of boring. Sure, it can be tense but ultimately you're just sitting around waiting to see if you get found, at which point there's nothing you can do anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Survivors can't really survive any more, devs and staff have said a couple of times that balancing things for survivor, as in making it fun to play survivor, is not important.
    They're literally working on sizeable survivor updates RIGHT NOW, but don't let stop your incessant whining.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Survivors rely on speed. If you're slow you're dead. Here's what I do for the three low pop map.

a) LV - A pain to survive, you would rush Armoury grab the shotgun and run to secure dome and pray that someone is working on getting in. Due to the new updates this is even more difficult

b) Big Red - Rush Armoury and keep moving, since it's very wide open you wouldn't want to stay in one spot. There's also a chance that a flamer will spawn in viro

c) Prison Station - Survivor heaven. Weapons everywhere, If you spawn in crashed ship, good for you take the shotgun and deactivate the turrets. If you spawn away from crashed ship make a beeline to Armoury take a shotgun, grenades and a riot helmet. The body armour slows you down a lot afterwards head to engineering to fix up the generators then head to medical and get a medical storage rig and either hold in engineering, go to crashed ship and loot it or wait for marines

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The title survivor is just a title, you're not actually meant to survive.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go synthvivor and RP with the xenoes. If they attack, they still can't win because you'd still beat the ever-living shit outta them.

Help other survs by persuading xenoes to not attack them.

I usually utilize traps and such when I'm playing survivor, shocked doors, conveniently placed fuel tanks and shocked rooms that have open vents leading into them so that I get an easy kill are good examples.

Always going engineering first, then I head to bar and trap the arcade section, dorms and EVA if on Solaris.

LV, I almost always hold at engineering, sometimes I conduct guerilla warfare in LZ jungles after getting a spearhead and shotgun.

Prison? After I pay a visit to security and engineering for equipment. If I decide not to hunker down, I mostly just roam the northeast side of the map, occasionally checking in at engineering.

On soro, I grab guns and engineering equipment and them slightly fortify and patrol an area that is either North deck, Deck Pipes or South deck with shocked doors at either the LZ checkpoint, Telecomms or flight control for a fallback point.

Basically, have a plan. Move fast and precisely. Waste nothing and always have something up your sleeve, whether it be a place to fall back to or a clever trap that can kill or deter xenoes.
    Last edited by Novacti; 03-20-2020 at 12:27 PM.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, if you spawn in Prison and no survivors spawn in the crashed ship, you can still get in. Just grab some nades from armory and then grab the filing cabinet from the sec checkpoint northeast of the ship. Take it to the eastern side of the ship and use the grenades to destroy the reinforced table protecting the sentry. Then carefully push the filing cabinet right in front of the sentry and quickly run past the filing cabinet and turn off the turret as soon as it's within reach. You will take some damage, but if you're fast and you use armor you should be okay.