User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: APCs Feedback, Commentary, and Spitballing

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R61425 View Post
    Considering how we have CO's that log in to execute marines and immediantly cryo afterward, maybe giving more power to one person by taking it away from the two that will actually have to operate it isn't the best idea in all cases. There's a reason the TC's get to decide what tank equipment they take. There are CO's that honestly don't understand that the only reasonable support module is the artilery module, even on Prison Station. Some wouldn't understand whether or not an apc or tank is more suitable for the map at hand. I still think a 2 minute timer should be used to give command a moment to converse with the VC's to tell them if they have a plan in mind, or to leave them to their own devices. But ultimately it should be a matter decideable by the non whitelist command roles.
    CO's are still doing that shit and getting away with it? Honestly more reason to just remove BE's all together. But yeah even having a time lock on it would be great, or maybe make the TC's file out a req form for which vehicle they want. That way it gets more players involves and also hopefully lead to CO's and TC's discussing with eachover more, as I think CO's (myself especially) often just disregard the tank/apc in their plans and let them do whatever. Which can work is the TC players are robust but more often than not leads to the tank crew unga charging themselves into being surrounded and blown up early

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you see there's no reason to choose the APC over the tank for these reasons

A) weaponry, the APC has such poor weaponry that when i was watching my poor gunner MISSING shots about 3-5 tiles in front of the APC itself it was saddening.
    B) space, its an APC having the medical APC limited to 5 people INCLUDING the TCs and the doc means we can only have 2 patients in it at a single time which REALLY REALLY decreases efficiency
    C) speed does not make up for what the tank has the APC might be faster than the tank but with sheer firepower and the range of weapons available to the tank, the APC is literally a metal box with some wheels

suggestions:

give it more weapons and buff the APC as a whole.
    give it a defcon 2 weapon because if marines get down to defcon 2 i get really sad because i could've chosen the tank......

note:

the apc is FANTASTIC for capturing crushers if your ready inside for one to pop in.
    Last edited by AlbertBlackwell; 02-21-2020 at 05:41 PM.
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell