MymindisBlanl - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    MymindisBlank

Marine Name
    Kaleb "Blood" Nephliem /REE9 Xeno

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Shou'Nhon

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes

Yautja Character Story
    Shou’Nhon always followed Cetanu, the God of Death, for as long as he could recall. He prayed the trophies he would earn in this upcoming hunt would be enough to please the everlasting God and enough to be looked upon by the other Yautja as a formidable hunter, ready to lead hunts of his own. Shou’Nhon exited his sleeping quarters ready to see his Yautja brothers joining him for this hunt. Approaching the main room, he noticed the lack of hunters compared to the other hunts he had been on. Things were tense in the main room. All the other Yautja were just looking at the gear or sizing each other up and no one seemed to be familiar with anyone. The Elder stands above everyone else, almost as many scars on him as hunters in the room, ”Everyone listen here, this hunt is not going to be like the hunts you have been on so far.” The Elder booms without seeming to raise his voice. His voice echoes throughout the room as he looks at all the hunters assembled before him. The other hunters start glancing across at each other, wondering what makes them stand out from the hunters that weren’t selected.

“This R’ka hive isn’t like the ones we’ve come across in previous trips. It's far more deadly than any of the others, but it will be worth it, as you already know.” The Elder explains, but before long Shou’Nhon started to doze off thinking of the trophies he will be able to offer to Cetanu after this hunt. . . .

. . . .Deep in the humid jungle, Shou’Nhon proceeds along the treeline avoiding the ground. The air in the forest felt significantly thicker than in the plain they landed in, almost as if smoke or fog was covering the ground floor. Avoiding the ground in the branches above he sees off in the distance a fellow hunter fighting off three black R’ka before long he manages to dispose of one with his wrist blades before disappearing back into the trees but not a second after he left, before the R’ka could chase him two more red R’ka jump from behind striking the other two simultaneously and extinguishing their flame with one simple tail strike. Surprised we were not only fighting soft meat but two R’ka hives, Shou’Nhon decides these are not the exact trophies he is searching for, seeing shame in how they were killed without a chance to fight back, he pushes deeper into the dense forest.

After leaping from the trees towards the smoke in the distance, worrying about the dangers lurking around in the dark spots of the forest, Shou’Nhon prepared for whatever he would have to face in the thick jungle. Not long after before he could reach the next branch something big slammed against him, sending him flying to the ground below. The second Shou’Nhon hits the ground, he rolls with the force of the blow, on his feet almost immediately to face his attacker. Preparing for the target ahead of him, he quickly wields his glaive and in one quick move charges his attacker quickly slashing at their leg as they leap back away. They have a tall slender red frame, similar looking to the other R’ka however this one seems to be capable of pouncing on its prey. Knowing this Shou’Rhon sheaths his glaive and quickly extends his gauntlets claws preparing to parry a pounce, almost before he could react the R’ka leaped towards him, claws ready and teeth gnarled. Before Shou’Rhon could even think he reacted, simply standing to the side of the leap and quickly bring his gauntlet down hard on the R’ka’s back, so fast the R’ka let out a loud roar and fell towards the ground silent. Not valuing the prey enough for a sizable trophy, it was an exhilarating fight but simply was too fragile. Feeling his stomach growl from not eating on the ship he decided to harvest the R’ka corpse and taking the hide and meat from the carcass to cook later, one way to value the prey and putting it to some use.
    (Full Story https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing 1130 words)

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Shou’Nhon prefers to observe the hunt from the back until he can find the best looking trophy for his collection, he doesn’t always target the biggest but the one with the most kills, one who can prove themselves to be a worthy prey. He wishes to only find one excellent trophy of something with a high kill count however he will be satisfied with just a couple pristine trophies. Shou’Nhon favors trophies of R'ka rather than softmeat but either works if they are worthy enough, and he would much rather take the actual hunt rather slowly until it's the perfect moment, always wait to catch the prey alone for the best environment for a great battle, he fears not what will happen to him, knowing he will always please the god with his action he dives into their hunt ready to stalk his worthy prey. Whatever trophies he receives, the best ones get devoted to the Bringer of Death, for all the protection he provides Shou’Nhon.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    Honor Duel: An Honorable duel is something only the finest prey can take part in, One who stands out above all the others, someone who you can view as an equal, these duels are partaken with no stunning weapons, the loser can be spared so the winner chose so, would truly be a shame for such a warrior die in just a duel, outside help and healing is forbidden and viewed as pathetic.

Hunt: A Yautja’s favorite hobby, searching for quality prey to hunt down for their trophies or meat, the true meaning behind the hunt is collecting the best trophies in order to prove one's overall strength and/or devote them to the religion they follow .
    Unworthy prey should never be allowed to take part in either of these and should be disposed of if interfering.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Casually, If Shou’Nhon favor them he may observe them from a distance as they hunt to see what kind of prey they prefer, but unless they approach or confront him first, he doesn't see the need to communicate with them unless necessary. He keeps his beliefs to himself unless asked, he always loves to talk about his appreciation for his gods and hunting.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    One of my favorite features in CM is the ability to have HighRP with both sides and impact their rounds for the greater good, Hunting with an amazing fellow Yautja or have an amazing hunt with my clan, I also always favored the ability to monitor the round and observe the best fighters each side has to offer.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Having discord access is a requirement because of important annoucements relating to predator codes/guidelines. Are you currently banned from the CM Discord?
    No

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While a mostly unoriginal hunt story, It was well written.

Here is a task for you:

I would like you to write a story about a religious experience your Yautja had. The rules for this are as follows:

1) Your story cannot contain a hunt
    2) You should stick to the established lore for the Yautja gods.
    3) You can be as liberal as you want in your story telling, as long as you don't go to far off the beaten track.

The deadline for this story will be Saturday, February 29th by 20:00hrs -7 UTC. If you need more time, please let me know.

Also, I would like to see more input on this from the WL community

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonderful, I threw something together I am quite fond of, is there any chance I am allowed to share the story on discord WL help for proofreads?
    Last edited by MymindisBlank; 02-26-2020 at 11:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yautja Religious Story
    In the orbit of Yautja Prime, Shou’Nhon rests in the trophy room on his cold derelict ship. Polishing one of the trophies he was so fond of, the skull and helmet of a memorable soft meat who managed to take down a fellow Yautja during a hunt. Resting it on the pedestal it once was presented on he continued down the row of trophies he has provided for his God of Death Cetanu, one of the Rings of Nature. Walking past a sizable xeno tail carapace, remembering just exactly how hard it was to harvest the trophy, almost as hard as chasing down its owner and isolating them from the rest of its hive, planning on turning it into a formidable weapon later to use in the name of Cetanu. As Shou’Nhon reaches the end of his exhibit he regrets not risking life and limb for the more honorable trophies, yet knowing there will always be another hunt he always chooses to hunt cautiously instead of taking unnecessary risks. As he passes each of his trophies Shou’Nhon takes a moment to thank Cetanu and praise them for the luck and strength that he has received in brandishing these trophies, as if each of these trophies were presented to him from his God, Shou’Nhon always returns the favor by keeping them polished and shiny. At the end of the room lies a slab of metal which Shou’Nhon often rested on after cleaning all his trophies, thinking back to the memories he had earning them and cherished the ones he will soon get to hunt.
    (with little to no feedback, I hope the story can remain interesting enough displaying my level of rp with rituals such as trophies. . . )

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like this application is decent enough for an acceptance. The story is a bit overused, but it was as Rob said well-written. Even though the Nhon clan sucks compared to every other clan in existence, I have no doubt you will be a decent predator. It sounds as if you want to roleplay over murderbone, which I like to see. +1

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! And thank you for being patient during the application process.

I do believe that your story (Plus the additional one) is good and that you have the chance to add some depth to the role and the WL, thus I will be accepting your application. I have sent a msg to Bancrose to notify him of this.

One thing I will ask though ist hat you be a bit more active on the forums and or on discord.

Welcome to the fields, brother!

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    done.