User Tag List

Thread: A simple guide to help you be a better and more effective combat medic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A simple guide to help you be a better and more effective combat medic

INTRODUCTION

Hello and welcome to this simple tutorial in which you will learn about the wonders of bieng a combat medic, you picked up one of the most important support roles in the game putting marines back in the fight in a moments notice but it isn't always like that is it? If you played around as a medic before this guide it might all seem a bit confusing but thats why you came here looking for help, so what do you pick up. For starters a run pretty standard load out for a mobile yet well armoured medic is:
    Medium armour, a Helmet (or soft head cover if you feeling dangerous), your lifesaver belt (yes this is very mandatory), and a medical pouch, as well as a webbing prefarably black or brown meds and pillbottles fit but no ammo they are more imprtant to you, thats all for the standard marine medic ajust at your own playstyle.

MEDICAL SUPPLIES

The title says it all folks what meds are on you they are as follows

Bicaridine a red pillbottle and it treats brute damege which is coloured red commonly called bica

Kelotine a yellow pillbottle it treats burn damege which is coloured yellow commonly called kelo

Dexaline a blue pillbottle it treats oxygen damege which is coloured blue commonly called dexa

Peridaxol a black and white pillbottle commonly confused with tramadol with an entierly diffrent use it treats organ damege use not very commonly used but it is usefull when one of the marines has been overdosed on other meds

Tramadol a black and white pillbottle again but this one treats pain not as a effective as oxycodone but will keep someone in a good fighting condition

Quickclot a maroon pillbottle used for clogging internal bleedings in the current state of the game its pretty unnecessary to use due to the fact 3 bicatrine pills will cure internal bleedings commonly called IB, BUT this should only be done to a stable patient meaning a patient who is in above average condition and should also be given a pill of kelotine

Dylovene one of the pretty important assets in your gear it cures toxin damege which can be accumilated by xenos shooting nuero toxins to your fellow marines face or by someone bieng overdosed commonly called OD it also has a use to wake people up if they have gone unconscious but only in cases which the subject is in above average condition

Inaprovaline the third or second according to who you ask best item in your kit this things job is to stabalize a patient it does this job amazingly and also helps severaly wounded marines to get back in the fight quicker should be used on a patient who has just been revieved acombined by bica and kelo accordingly.

Oxycodone in my personal opinion the best drug we been issued its a strong painkiller its a good drug to use if you know you gona get hit hard or can save the life of a wounded marine who is in severe pain escape the xenos comming to eat him alive use carefully its a rare comodity and a tresured one at that

Imalky a drug which is no issued but can be made in the medbay by our good doctors it can fix brain damege saving a marine a trip back to be treated take it its a vital part of your mens survival

Dexalin+ comes in an injector form and you guessed it it treats oxygen damege but instanly it can fix up to 100 oxygen damege in one injection usefull

Iron a item many carry it is pretty much portable blood in pill form I personaly dont use it some medics do use it

Epinephrine the second best drug we have if a person is really badly wounded administed one injection to him it will boost the likelyhood of him comming back its commonly called epi

Defibulator your bead and butter this is your wepon not a pistol not a nade its this this can revive patients but under one condition he doesnt have too much damege he needs to be treated with the advanced trauma and, or advanced burn kit sometimes that doesnt work so as stated above use one dose epinephrine and try again, if he is still down he will need multiple shocks to be able to come back to you.You will also need to remove his chestrig so you can do this which you can do by clicking on him and dragging to your guy and then a menu will open up look for exosuit and then click the the right it will take a second to remove it.

Health analizer this is also you main wepon its issued in your lifesaver pouch with this in your hand you can analize the damege on somone if you dont have it you are useless

Roller bed pretty simple a its a rolling strecher instead of dragging someone ctrl+click on them (their sprite,their person) and move them so they are over the strecher then drop them with q and then click and drag them onto the strecher and then ctrl+click the strecher and you can run like hell

Med Evac Strecher usefull to the bones carry it if someone is really bad and needs extraction this is your method of getting them out and to a bird ASAP it is used the same as the roller bed exept it cant be moved when deployed

Stasis bag this prevents larva growth bleeding intenral bleeding just about anything its a life saver use it on criticaly wounded people

Medical Splints they are used to help fix some broken parts of a marine wont fix it completly but eventualy with surgery it will be better

Medical Hud glasses use them useless without them

PERSONAL GEAR

Now that simply wont cut it to few meds and way too many people hell you cant even feed a pill to everyone with that standard load out so go to the vendor below and pick up some more meds so I will share my kit with you gentlemen:
    1:Heavy armour(I like its resistance) inside will be Imalky which treats brain damege one of the biggest killers of them all always get IMALKY from the medical bay super important and it also carrys a granade M15 or HEPD incase i need to kill everyone around me if they will be captured as well as myself

2:Black webbing now this seems self explanatory more meds is more important than your ammo it will be filled depending on our deployment but it has 1 bicaridine pillbottle 1 kelotine pillbottle 2 inaprovaline injectors and 1 oxycodone injector

3:Lifesaver pouch again one of the essentials doesnt need ajustment I personaly add 1 more bicaridine pillbottle, 1 kelotine pillbottle, 1 bicaridine injector and 1 kelotine injector

4:Medkit pouch one off the most usefull items this will fit your standard medkit which will be ajusted in a simple way take out the the tricord injector and add 1 splint kit they can keep a broken arm in place and multiple marines in the fight

5:Autoinjector pouch oone the most contriversial items I carry yet I keep carrying it before and after the injector buff due to the fact off how quickly I can inject my fellow marines with the needed meds without waiting for me to pop the pill and for effects to take effect it will be filled with 3 epiniphrine injectors, 2 bicaridine injectors, 2 kelotine injectors some say its exesive but better safe than sorry and who knows one of your medics might have run out sharing is caring

6:Its my wepon there are many like it but this one is mine depending on the mission it changes could be an smg with an armbrace for carrying knocked out people or a pistol you pick your wepon according to your kit

7:Sachel well quick to the trigger sachel is reliable and doesnt carry much a med evac strecher a defibulator or 2 if the mission calls for it and a fire extiguisher it can be obtained by red cabinets

8:Helmet the reason I carry it is practical and usefull it can carry 2 injectors which can in my case are oxycodone and, or inaprovaline

I hope this guide helped you and made you a better combat medic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The writing is rough, but its a rough-cut gem. As someone who has yet to play medic, I find this very useful. Thank you for creating this guide.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your time friend and glad to see it helped you! As you said it is rough and I didnt put much thought into this and thats why I will be making a new one in the future which will be much more in depth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (ok, because of how good this info is, i am gonna format it a bit. NOTE: I am not claiming ANY CREDIT, just some editing; feel free to copy this to your post, and I will just delete this post)

Hello and welcome to this simple tutorial in which you will learn about the wonders of being a combat medic, you picked up one of the most important support roles in the game putting marines back in the fight in a moments notice but it isn't always like that is it? If you played around as a medic before this guide it might all seem a bit confusing but that's why you came here looking for help, so what do you pick up. For starters a run pretty standard load out for a mobile yet well armoured medic is:

- Medium armour,
    - Helmet (or soft head cover if you feeling dangerous),
    - lifesaver belt (yes this is very mandatory),
    - Medical pouch,
    - Webbing (preferably black or brown): meds and pillbottles fit but no (primary) ammo, they are more important to you, that's all for the standard marine medic: adjust at your own playstyle.

MEDICAL SUPPLIES

The title says it all, folks. What meds are on you? They are as follows:

Bicaridine: a red pillbottle. It treats brute damage which is coloured red commonly called bica

Kelotine: a yellow pillbottle. It treats burn damage which is coloured yellow commonly called kelo

Dexaline: a blue pillbottle. It treats oxygen damage which is coloured blue commonly called dexa

Peridaxol: a black and white pillbottle. Commonly confused with tramadol with an entirely different use it treats organ damage use not very commonly used but it is useful when one of the marines has been overdosed on other meds

Tramadol: a black and white pillbottle. Again but this one treats pain not as a effective as oxycodone but will keep someone in a good fighting condition

Quickclot: a maroon pillbottle. Used for clogging internal bleedings. In the current state of the game it's pretty unnecessary to use, due to the fact 3 bicatrine pills will cure internal bleedings (commonly called IB), BUT this should only be done to a stable patient meaning a patient who is in above average condition, and should also be given a pill of kelotine

Dylovene: one of the pretty important assets in your gear it cures toxin damage which can be accumulated by xenos shooting neuro toxins to your fellow marines face or by someone being overdosed commonly called OD it also has a use to wake people up if they have gone unconscious but only in cases which the subject is in above average condition

Inaprovaline: the third or second (according to who you ask) best item in your kit; this thing's job is to stabilize a patient. it does this job amazingly, and also helps severely wounded marines to get back in the fight quicker. should be used on a patient who has just been revived, combined with bica and kelo accordingly.

Oxycodone: in my personal opinion, the best drug we been issued: its a strong painkiller. it's a good drug to use if you know you're gonna get hit hard, or can save the life of a wounded marine who is in severe pain escape the xenos coming to eat him alive. Use carefully, it's a rare commodity, and a treasured one at that

Imalky: a drug which is not issued but can be made in the medbay by our good doctors; it can fix brain damage, saving a marine a trip back to be treated. take it: its a vital part of your men's survival

Dexalin+: comes in an injector form, and you guessed it: it treats oxygen damage but instantly. it can fix up to 100 oxygen damage in one injection useful

Iron: a item that many carry, it is pretty much portable blood in pill form. I personally don't use it; some medics do use it

Epinephrine: the second best drug we have, if a person is really badly wounded, administered one injection to him; it will boost the likelihood of him coming back. it's commonly called epi

Defibrillator: your bread and butter, this is your weapon; not a pistol, not a nade. Its THIS this can revive patients, but under one condition: he doesn't have too much damage. The Marine needs to be treated with the advanced trauma and/or advanced burn kit; sometimes, that doesn't work, so as stated above use one dose epinephrine and try again, if he is still down he will need multiple shocks to be able to come back to you. You will also need to remove his ARMOR so you can do this which you can do by clicking on him and dragging to your guy and then a menu will open up look for exosuit and then click the the right it will take a second to remove it.

Health analyzer: this is also you main weapon; its issued in your lifesaver pouch. with this in your hand, you can analyze the damage on someone; if you don't have it, you are useless

Roller bed: pretty simple a its a rolling stretcher instead of dragging someone ctrl+click on them (their sprite,their person) and move them so they are over the stretcher then drop them with q and then click and drag them onto the stretcher and then ctrl+click the stretcher and you can run like hell

MedEvac Stretcher: useful to the bones: carry it! if someone is really bad and needs extraction, this is your method of getting them out and to a bird ASAP! it is used the same as the roller bed except it can't be moved when deployed

Stasis bag: this prevents larva growth, bleeding, internal bleeding; just about anything. it's a lifesaver: use it on critically wounded people

Medical Splints: they are used to help fix some broken parts of a marine; won't fix it completely, but eventually - with surgery - it will be better

Medical Hud: glasses, use them! useless without them

PERSONAL GEAR

Now that simply won't cut it: too few meds and way too many people heal; you can't even feed a pill to everyone with that standard load out, so go to the vendor below and pick up some more meds. As an example, I will share my standard kit with you gentlemen:

1:Heavy armour(I like its resistance): inside will be Imalky which treats brain damage - one of the biggest killers of them all ( always get IMALKY from the medical bay, super important!) - and it also carries a grenade M15 or HEDP just in case i need to kill everyone around me if they will be captured as well as myself

2:Black webbing: now this seems self explanatory: more meds is more important than your ammo. It will be filled depending on our deployment but typically it has 1 bicaridine pillbottle 1 kelotine pillbottle 2 inaprovaline injectors and 1 oxycodone injector

3:Lifesaver pouch: again one of the essentials, Doesn't need adjustment. I personally add 1 more bicaridine pillbottle, 1 kelotine pillbottle, 1 bicaridine injector, and 1 kelotine injector

4:Medkit pouch: one off the most useful items this will fit your standard medkit which will be adjusted in a simple way take out the the tricord injector and add 1 splint kit they can keep a broken arm in place and multiple marines in the fight

5:Autoinjector pouch: One the most controversial items I carry, yet I keep carrying it before and after the injector buff, due to the fact off how quickly I can inject my fellow marines with the needed meds without waiting for me to pop the pill and for effects to take effect. It will be filled with 3 epinephrine injectors, 2 bicaridine injectors, 2 kelotine injectors (some say its excessive but better safe than sorry, and who knows; one of your medics might have run out: Sharing is Caring)

6:It's my weapon there are many like it but this one is mine: depending on the mission, it changes; could be an SMG with an armbrace for carrying knocked out people, or a pistol. You pick your weapon according to your kit

7: Satchel: Well, quick to the trigger, the satchel is reliable and doesn't carry much: a medevac stretcher, a defibrillator or 2 if the mission calls for it, and a fire extinguisher (it can be obtained by red cabinets)

8:Helmet: The reason I carry this is because it is practical and useful; it can carry 2 injectors which in my case are oxycodone and/or inaprovaline
    Last edited by Jackson T. Murphy; 02-20-2020 at 08:42 PM. Reason: I still suck at editing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont believe quickclot is useless, even with that method
    its also easier and less time and resource consuming to go ":m medevac up?" over burning 5 pills then being forced to baby that marine for a while
    especially since the ones with IB usually have extra problems like broken bones or organ damage from a rav facefucking them with their epic claws and shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice guide. Covers the important things.

Also, I like your load-out, it is very similar to what I use as a field medic, I may give yours a spin, see if it works better for me. It took me a bit of time to figure out the load out I currently use. It was all about trying to find a good balance between the convenience of auto-injectors versus the not-running-out-after-three-uses Pills.

I do have a few differences to my current setup though, so I’ll just list for comparison (not saying mine is better, because it probably isn’t, and a lot of these setups ultimately come down to personal preference anyways):

- I go with light armor. Less space, yes, but I like being able to catch up to those marines that like to pretend they’re not injured, it allows me to at the very least, autoinject them with something. I just shove one HEDP and HEFA in my armor for just-in-case situations (like not letting those aliens take you alive).

- I take the auto-injectors out of the Lifesaver Pouch and use my points to grab some extra Bicaridine, Kelotane, Tramadol and a second splint kit. I find that I tend to run out of those on any mission that goes long, and I like to keep 2 topped off Trauma, Burn, and Splint kits in my belt whenever I have a minute to spare. It takes long enough to get stuff from the medkit that I don’t want to be rummaging during an emergency. I then top it off with pills I bum from the medical staff: TriBica, KeloDerm, ImiAlky, Iron. And my scanner, just so I don’t have to be opening different bags.

- For the Autoinjector pouch, I usually go with one each of Bicaridine, Kelotane, Inaprovaline, Epinepherine, Dex+, and Quickclot, and Oxycodone.

- I also put two Oxycodone injectors in my helmet.

- I carry the extra Oxycodone because it can take a marine who is paincritted, but not actually that heavily damaged, and immediately put them back in the fight (broken bones and ruptured organs be damned) unless they’ve been completely crippled. If we’re in a safe location, I treat first, then give the regular tramadol. If we’re in a hot spot that’s holding, I also give Oxycodone. If we’re being overrun, everyone on the ground is getting a quick scan (say no to overdosing, medics) and injection of Oxycodone so that they can at least get killed by that Ravager while shooting and standing on their own two legs (unless the Ravager cuts the applicable limbs off first).

As far as weapons go, I’m a shotgun person. My webbing gets the ammo, and by ammo, I mean buckshot. Even if you don’t plan on fighting (and as a medic I never plan on fighting, that’s what PFCs are for) sometimes you need to just provide covering fire as you run up to drag someone away, or to dissuade that lone alien that pounces in and tries to drag away the guy you’re treating. Plus, if you Point-Blank them, you stun them & might even get a kill off on a tier 1 or tier 2.

Ok, this is longer than I meant for it to be. Like I said, I like yours setup and will give it a go. Just putting in my own two cents.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eyyy thanks for helping out friend I really like the format and how you made it easier to read as well @Jackson T. Murphy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwuhja View Post
    i dont believe quickclot is useless, even with that method
    its also easier and less time and resource consuming to go ":m medevac up?" over burning 5 pills then being forced to baby that marine for a while
    especially since the ones with IB usually have extra problems like broken bones or organ damage from a rav facefucking them with their epic claws and shit
    Well for me thats how I do it, I have noticed almost all medics take their medevac strechers so if I ever need one i will find it. Also the method for treating IB is a precious information and from what I have seen can make a marine be in the fight just like he had nothing, some even with broken bones and peri for the organs if they need it or as a preventive mesure

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosetasm View Post
    Very nice guide. Covers the important things.

Also, I like your load-out, it is very similar to what I use as a field medic, I may give yours a spin, see if it works better for me. It took me a bit of time to figure out the load out I currently use. It was all about trying to find a good balance between the convenience of auto-injectors versus the not-running-out-after-three-uses Pills.

I do have a few differences to my current setup though, so I’ll just list for comparison (not saying mine is better, because it probably isn’t, and a lot of these setups ultimately come down to personal preference anyways):

- I go with light armor. Less space, yes, but I like being able to catch up to those marines that like to pretend they’re not injured, it allows me to at the very least, autoinject them with something. I just shove one HEDP and HEFA in my armor for just-in-case situations (like not letting those aliens take you alive).

- I take the auto-injectors out of the Lifesaver Pouch and use my points to grab some extra Bicaridine, Kelotane, Tramadol and a second splint kit. I find that I tend to run out of those on any mission that goes long, and I like to keep 2 topped off Trauma, Burn, and Splint kits in my belt whenever I have a minute to spare. It takes long enough to get stuff from the medkit that I don’t want to be rummaging during an emergency. I then top it off with pills I bum from the medical staff: TriBica, KeloDerm, ImiAlky, Iron. And my scanner, just so I don’t have to be opening different bags.

- For the Autoinjector pouch, I usually go with one each of Bicaridine, Kelotane, Inaprovaline, Epinepherine, Dex+, and Quickclot, and Oxycodone.

- I also put two Oxycodone injectors in my helmet.

- I carry the extra Oxycodone because it can take a marine who is paincritted, but not actually that heavily damaged, and immediately put them back in the fight (broken bones and ruptured organs be damned) unless they’ve been completely crippled. If we’re in a safe location, I treat first, then give the regular tramadol. If we’re in a hot spot that’s holding, I also give Oxycodone. If we’re being overrun, everyone on the ground is getting a quick scan (say no to overdosing, medics) and injection of Oxycodone so that they can at least get killed by that Ravager while shooting and standing on their own two legs (unless the Ravager cuts the applicable limbs off first).

As far as weapons go, I’m a shotgun person. My webbing gets the ammo, and by ammo, I mean buckshot. Even if you don’t plan on fighting (and as a medic I never plan on fighting, that’s what PFCs are for) sometimes you need to just provide covering fire as you run up to drag someone away, or to dissuade that lone alien that pounces in and tries to drag away the guy you’re treating. Plus, if you Point-Blank them, you stun them & might even get a kill off on a tier 1 or tier 2.

Ok, this is longer than I meant for it to be. Like I said, I like yours setup and will give it a go. Just putting in my own two cents.
    Thanks for your kind words and I have tried running light armour for the same reasons as you but for me I do not know what happends it must be bad mojo but i get pbed and i need to evac cos my lungs poped from a trigger happy marine but yeah as you said medics need to tailor their kit to how they play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowhound100 View Post
    it must be bad mojo but i get pbed and i need to evac cos my lungs poped from a trigger happy marine
    I solve this problem by never getting in front of them. Truthfully, only time my weapon is out is when I’m running up to drag a revivable body that everyone has abandoned, or when we get overrun and speed alone won’t save. But as I write that, I remember that last night, I grabbed hold of an LT who was upright but blind, to lead them back to the DS, and they PB’d me. Thank god it wasn’t with a shotgun, or I’d have been organs out. But I think only heavy armor protects against organ damage, unless they made it incremental or something. I just wish the wiki was up to date, and had actual stats on things so I could know if what I’m doing is pointless or not.