User Tag List

Thread: Serious Issues with bone breakage+Organ damage currently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Serious Issues with bone breakage+Organ damage currently.

Ive observed multiple rounds and personally had multiple instances where I will get hit in the chest, my chest will break, and instantly have heart failure. For example, I will get either shot or slashed in the chest, it breaks, and I will scan myself and see 20 oxygen damage or worse due to heart+lung+liver damage immediately. Ive even had an occurrence, after already getting my heart treated from a previous death, coming back down, getting ravager bone sprayed and immediately after getting rav slashed and having total heart failure.

This is NOT due to walking around with shrapnel for 2 miles and getting organ damage that way. This is instantaneous organ damage that you will need to evacuate for. The amount of heart broken marines in the past week or two has sky-rocketed, and there has been no notice on the changelog that increasing organ damage from bone breakage was applied.

I sure hope this is a bug, like the other many bugs that are making this game un-fun and un-enjoyable.

I created this thread to ask others if they are experiencing this annoying development on the game. Have you been having organ damage randomly due to a bone breakage, or EVEN WITHOUT a broken bone?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol there are always heart broken marines around this time of year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is prolly due the large amount of ancient xenos. (mainly T3s). They do waaaaay more damage than their mature and young counterparts, and it was generally super rare to see them survive past that in old rounds.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Ward View Post
    This is prolly due the large amount of ancient xenos. (mainly T3s). They do waaaaay more damage than their mature and young counterparts, and it was generally super rare to see them survive past that in old rounds.
    Not really, no.

ff's been doing it much more lately too

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to believe this one but I spent about an hour looking through code related to organ damage and nothing pointed towards a change in organ damage. I looked through recent merged as well as all relevant files and their individual change histories.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno about instant heart break but I've been getting organ damage without a fracture since the armor rework.

Most recently from a queen crit, also from a scout shot and a sentry in the past.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that it is a function of something like shrapnel or bullets hitting an organ.. but bones only breaking on certain damage thresholds.

And cakey the organ damage hasnt changed but the shrapnel coding has big time. Gotta believe its like glass or bones hitting organs.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly doubt it has anything to do with shrapnel. You're right that organ damage hasn't changed, but marine armor has. Which is why the rate of delimbs has changes drastically for example.