User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Potential Xeno Metarush Strategy?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potential Xeno Metarush Strategy?

Did the new patch usher in a new era of xeno play, where the xenos can metarush the Marines?

Since implementing the DS hijack instakill system, where you instantly kill all xenos and marines planetside the moment the DS liftsoff from hijack, it is becoming quite clear that this strategy is now going to be very viable and rewarding.

Let's consider the points:
    • As said, if you hijack the Dropship you will wipe all known things, xenos or humans planetside instantly.
    • Xenos has recently been given large maturity buff of 3 evo points generated per tick
    • Drone castes have some plasma regen buff so it makes defences less annoying to build.
    • Currently FOB team sucks and normally if you late join you will notice that Engineer is hardly pick and sometimes you are stick with 4 engineers ish
    • FOB team is weak as most of the original vet team are gone(Only one returned)
    • Even though the FOB team is comprised of original vet teams, command can sometimes order the FT team of Bravo off to the front, which is usually 50-70% of the force.

So obviously what I am hinting here is a complete bypass of the entire marine force into the FOB and insta-nuke them like its an exterminatus from 40K. And I think with the current patch it is very VERY possible to achieve.

What you need:
    • A good melting team, meaning any xeno types that can melt cades.
    • A burrower
    • Good drone castes to build defences
    • Survival, just avoid dying for long

Realistically No 3 is hard to achieve cause you will be killing some ungas at some point, but let's say you try to do it and lose only 10-20% of your forces. What you do here is bring as much as the marine forces to the caves/hive surrounding areas and hunt you down. But do this slowly at the cost of their lives for now, to slow down their momentum a bit.

While all of this is happening, a skirmisher team is sent to harass supply lines to bring out the FOB team, while the melting team melts any constructed cade as long as possible. It is not possible to melt all of the cades, but the objective is really to keep one or two areas only defended with 1 layer of cades or have 1 tile breach, and one breach is all you need.

By 13:00, or if you want to be safe and avoid being punished by staff then 13:25, the xenos can start a mass exodus into the FOB itself. Attacking the weaker side of the FOB or the breach, the xenos can rush to the DS and have 40 seconds to take control of the DS and another 30 seconds to get everyone on board. They have 2 minutes to kill off any FOB threat surrounding the DS before the boarding.

Once everyone is on board, hijack, CHOO CHOO.

Is this possible?

Well let's consider another few points here:
    • Bypassing to the FOB is not a new strat and it has almost always been allowed when the Fobbits are bald. It's only the time allowed to do it. So if by 12:55 or 13:00 we see Tcomms wide open with no cades, then you are asking for it. This was done several times. The difference now is the hive dont have to hunt down all remaining marines.
    • Marine metarush on all 4 squads is a very dangerous gamble but opens a wider opportunity for this. If CIC invests too much into frontline and not enough on FOB, then it is very viable to execute this gamer move.

Your only problem here is staff approval of it that's all. Unless staff intervenes you are going to see this as a very viable 3rd option for xenos if things go south.

Your thoughts guys?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it really constitutes as a metarush if the marines just straight up fail to establish or maintain their defenses. Plus, to early push the DS requires the Queen to leave the relative safety of the hive and push, which is a massive gamble due to the fact that it's possible the hive would not only lose its queen, but also any potential burrowed larvae, which would be disastrous and could easily cause a loss if initiated too early.

tl;dr Every game, for xenos, is a rush to the DS, but they don't do that early because it would mean defeat if they failed.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    being that it's probably impossible to rally the marine forces enough to stop the queen from locking the dropship (which to my knowledge cannot be unlocked without time) and clearing the damn thing out will just result in tons of backcapping by people who dont actually want to play on the ground

honestly this is a bad idea, it just promotes shitty cheese, if you manage to leave with a few marine stragglers left discount them from the final counts and let them go RP with preds or with a makeshift survival hut or some shit, dont just kill them off for...whatever reason this was implemented for, i didnt see it on the changelog so i dont know what this was even meant to tackle

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corocan View Post
    snip
    Well that's the thing, with the new buffs it's not so much of a gamble anymore but more of bait and wait, to hit at the right time when you delay the marines long enough. Losing 23 burrowed larva at the cost of killing 60-80 groundside marines is good trade honestly if you keepa bout 28 xenos with you to shipside. Because the xenos with you, if they survive, are elder T3s and others. That's the problem I want to point out if I didnt make it clear in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    snip
    It IS a bad idea and it IS cheesy, that's actually what I want to point out here. What I am trying to tackle is with new changes we have this possibility, how do we tackle it? My view is that it won't be long before some players will catch on to this and it will be a new meta of some form. If it is, how will it change the game?

Because you dont need to hunt down the surviving marines who could've gamered 2-3 xenos before dying, you just use a kill switch to wipe everyone out. Saves time, saves xeno lives.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corocan View Post
    I don't think it really constitutes as a metarush if the marines just straight up fail to establish or maintain their defenses. Plus, to early push the DS requires the Queen to leave the relative safety of the hive and push, which is a massive gamble due to the fact that it's possible the hive would not only lose its queen, but also any potential burrowed larvae, which would be disastrous and could easily cause a loss if initiated too early.

tl;dr Every game, for xenos, is a rush to the DS, but they don't do that early because it would mean defeat if they failed.
    Hehe. If benos don't make any defences, it's metarush. If marines don't make defences everywhere, it's not metarush.
    And another thing: Tunnels. Queen can use tunnels. All of the slowest benos can use tunnels. Rest can slip past marines.

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marines don't die on hijack. Only the infected ones die. And larva always died before.

I would not be worried about the staff intervening in this, even if you do this really early. 1300 is already 30 minutes for Bravo to not fuck up. I think we once executed the LZ flank at like 1250.

The only true xeno metarush is marines landing and boilers, queen and the whole hive waiting for them by the dropship exit. Luckily marines enjoy their mechanical metarush protection, since xenos cannot build near the LZ for the first 30 or more minutes of the round.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sg2002 View Post
    Marines don't die on hijack. Only the infected ones die. And larva always died before.
    When was this? I saw a round quite recently, about a week or so, where everyone on planetside died when hijack happens. They include non-infected marines.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casada_Radio View Post
    When was this? I saw a round quite recently, about a week or so, where everyone on planetside died when hijack happens. They include non-infected marines.
    That has been the case for... Forever since they implemented xenos poofing on hijack from ground
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rushing in at hour mark would never be considered metarushing

Xeno metarush is boilers making your transport a gas chamber on first drop. Any rate aliens can’t even weed LZ till 40 min.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x31stOverlord View Post
    That has been the case for... Forever since they implemented xenos poofing on hijack from ground
    Whoopsie daisies, I made a big oof in a thread then.