User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regarding Survivor Synths

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Regarding Survivor Synths

Alright I dusted off my fuckin' forum account for some saltposting.

Why can xenos kill survivorsynths for absolutely no reason? The lore indicates xenos don't really give a shit and wouldn't seek out a random hunk of plastic that keeps cleaning while everyone dies.

Basically why I'm mad is NEUTRAL survivor synth play in general, if you play it you're essentially forced to accept you're going to get randomly killed while you clean for absolutely no reason even if you do nothing to the hive.

Sure kill ones that are obstructing the hive, that's fine but surely this is breaking the rule of just being a dick in some way.

I'd love if we could have some sort of codified policy that protects neutral working joe play from just being randomly validkilled and ending their round despite intentionally not fucking with the benos.

TL;DR: stop killing survivorsynths

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no i don't think i will

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just gonna say 1 thing and 1 thing only

no u

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i slowly pick up the mic, saying the following with a single tear in my eye "s-s-synths mad.." i drop the mic. and the crowd goes silent.
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree completely. Synthvivors don't have any other choice but to huddle together with survivors because sweaty aliens are too terrified of a single gen 1 synth to let them be, even if they're literally doing fuck-all as you described.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    I agree completely. Synthvivors don't have any other choice but to huddle together with survivors because sweaty aliens are too terrified of a single gen 1 synth to let them be, even if they're literally doing fuck-all as you described.
    It's not fear. It's murderboing. They want to kill, they want to remove you from your round. Thats it. Those who want to do it the most, cry about combat synths.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There used to be a lot more peaceful interaction between xenos and synthvivors.

Heck, in the past xenos wouldn't always attack human survivors unless they knew they could cap.

There were always murderboners who would kill survivors and synths for no reason, but it has gotten a lot worse over the past year or so.

What happened I think is that some robustos started maining survivor as a kind of challenge mode, and got really good at it. Even a few months ago, survivors would routinely kill several xenos at the start of a round, and attempts to capture them would generally result in more deaths and generally wouldn't be worth it.

Queen players reacted by becoming very cautious about survivors and much less concerned with caps. Before, a runner who killed a lone survivor in the first few minutes of the round would often be called out by the queen for being impatient and not capturing, but this became tolerated or even encouraged because it removed a potential threat.

I think synthvivors are also suffering from that same mentality. Even though on paper they're restricted from being as hostile, a lot of xeno players at this point just view survivors as a team that is actively trying to kill them and needs to be eliminated. Even being captured as a human survivor rarely happens now, because the meta is all about taking survivors out quickly.

And there's some truth in that. If a synthvivor innocently fixes the power, other survivors will start shocking doors. It's not an aggressive combat action, but it can really hurt.

Finally, queens were often a driver of xeno-synth RP, but taking time to RP with a synth takes time away from overwatching xenos while they try and murder all the survivors, so it just doesn't happen as much.

It'll be interesting to see if things will change again with the recent evolution changes. So far, though, they have not.
    Last edited by Surimi; 02-19-2020 at 03:19 PM.

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either synths need to provide some sort of benefit to the Hive by staying alive, or things will stay as is if the current trend of robusto survivors continues.

As much as I enjoy seeing greedy xenos get clowned by shocked doors and PBs, I do think having some sort of gameplay benefit to synths and xenos co-existing would be nice. Perhaps something like powering up the colony grants xenos access to new areas with monkeys to balance out the fact survivors can now shock doors and have better visibility?

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Synths are one of the biggest dangers to xenos. One synth can hold back a queen due to their immunity to stuns. All it takes is a good melee weapon and they can bring her health down enough for when marines get back up they can kill her instantly.

So no, synths are a primary target. Better dead then helping the USCM.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmwevil View Post
    Alright I dusted off my fuckin' forum account for some saltposting.

Why can xenos kill survivorsynths for absolutely no reason? The lore indicates xenos don't really give a shit and wouldn't seek out a random hunk of plastic that keeps cleaning while everyone dies.

Basically why I'm mad is NEUTRAL survivor synth play in general, if you play it you're essentially forced to accept you're going to get randomly killed while you clean for absolutely no reason even if you do nothing to the hive.

Sure kill ones that are obstructing the hive, that's fine but surely this is breaking the rule of just being a dick in some way.

I'd love if we could have some sort of codified policy that protects neutral working joe play from just being randomly validkilled and ending their round despite intentionally not fucking with the benos.

TL;DR: stop killing survivorsynths
    Synthvivors can give full support to the marines and act as another supporting synth for them, whereas they give no benefits to xenos, because they cannot side with xenos (minor IC interactions and memeing about in the hive is not siding with xenos). Synthvivors are all risk and no reward to the hive, and for that reason they are put to the sword in a majority of rounds.