User Tag List

Thread: A question on the behavior of marines and rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up A question on the behavior of marines and rules

Ugh, so I've been in a few situations lately where I've reported marines for doing dumb things. I've reported them twice only to be told by a staff member that it's an IC issue.

But I'd like to discuss what happened to me about half an hour ago.

I'm an IO, a marine is sitting next to Alamo's rear door and is spam-clicking on it, forcing it to open and close rapidly. Now, that's annoying even OOCly, but I thought that if I report him, I'd be told it's an IC issue.

So I go and fix it OCly - punch him in the face. He disarms me, punches me, and steals my weapon.

There are no MPs, Delta SL and XO don't give a fuck about this "hehe look this salty IO got robusted". Someone on Delta comms responded to me with "Lol". So, basically netspeak, which is very LRP...

So what's an appropriate course of action in this case?
    Why would a sane PFC rob and beat a marine of a higher rank?

It feels like stuff like this happens all the time and the MPs don't even bother most of the time, which promotes such behaviour.

I suspect the one thing I did wrong was not asking him first verbally to stop. Of course he would tell me to go fuck myself, because we're definitely MRP here, then I'd punch him and he'd do what he did.

If the game wasn't such a mess in therms of mechanics and engine, if it let you track names of players on screen, it would be easier for me to find him, bash his head in and take my gun back.

Instead I headed down to gather intel without a weapon and without a bayonette to pry open doors.
    Last edited by mandalore66; 02-19-2020 at 03:04 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So a marine was playing with a door.. you assaulted him over it and are upset that... you were robusted?

What you should have done is not write a check your ass cant cash..

Last time a doctor gave me lip as a marine, I told him calmly if he did it again I would break his arm. He was being loaded into an autodoc when the MPs dragged me away.

Build a reputation for kicking ass.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found this in the Rules Clarification thread:

>Can people disarm/steal (or even insubordinate) when there is no MPs? - IC but if you're doing LRP or just being a dick, you will get in trouble. Stealing someone's gun is IC but if you go around stealing stuff from a lot of people, expect OOC repercussions.

Okay, so it seems to be an IC issue. Maybe I've just become a special snowflake from playing too much on HRP servers...

But there is still an issue with the situation.

Guy steals my gun. MPs do nothing because "hurr durr it's just a minor issue, who cares".
    So I have to deal with this myself. Since the guy (of course) won't give me that gun back, I'll have to kick his ass. Then I get beaten by his buddies (other PFCs) and dragged away by MPs.

If you don't see an issue with this system, well I dunno what else to tell you.
    Being the special snowflake from Bay12 that I am, I'd even say that this is an OOC issue that has to be handled by a mod, since this guy forces me to either kick his butt and go to jail, or spend 5 minutes getting a new gun and attachments, missing deployment and then spending 5 more minutes waiting for the Alamo. Then being unable to reach my squad because they're too far away from LZ already.

So a player loses 15+ minutes of gameplay because another player decided to be a LRP shithead knowing that he won't get punished for it, since MPs don't give a damn.

How is this not a huge issue that could've been avoided if people were not allowed to randomly beat their superiors? I understand that in this case I hit him first without a verbal warning, but I've had worse cases where people would do dumb shit to me (or to others) without me even provoking them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an Intelligence Officer, you should have absolute authority to order an arrest with a charge. Be it minor or major. The MPs are required to follow that arrest, and investigate if need be. Them refusing it is them breaking Marine Law and server rule 16.

Edit #1

Marine Law provision
    "Should a Commissioned Officer order an arrest for a crime, MPs MUST arrest that person. They may arrest and hold that person for ten minutes while they gather evidence. Should the suspect be declared innocent of all accused crimes, the requesting officer may incur a Prevarication charge. The time for any crimes the suspect committed as a result of the arrest must still be served, however."

Edit #2, removed an image that didn't load, and typos
    Last edited by Killerone2; 02-19-2020 at 08:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerone2 View Post
    As an Intelligence Officer, you should have absolute authority to order an arrest with a charge. Be it minor or major. The MPs are required to follow that arrest, and investigate if need be. Them refusing it is them breaking Marine Law and server rule 16.

Edit #1

Marine Law provision
    "Should a Commissioned Officer order an arrest for a crime, MPs MUST arrest that person. They may arrest and hold that person for ten minutes while they gather evidence. Should the suspect be declared innocent of all accused crimes, the requesting officer may incur a Prevarication charge. The time for any crimes the suspect committed as a result of the arrest must still be served, however."

Edit #2, removed an image that didn't load, and typos
    Yup. It was lowpop in that case so no MPs sadly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bro you sound like a pussy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imheretohelp View Post
    bro you sound like a pussy
    Shush you, you go from a being a traditional Delta, to decent Captain, to making us into the God-Damned A-TEAM, and from snarky to disciplined so quickly I get whiplash (which is why I love your character so much).

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mate, if it bothers you oocly, ask them to stop in LOOC, if you know there are no MPs and you arent robust, dont go around starting fights unless you're okay with losing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you got robusted and now you're complaining. In a game where literally any hostility renders you valid, you hit up a marine that's clearly having fun and try being a killjoy, fail miserably and discuss it on the forums. You mention the word "repercussions" without realising they apply to both sides.

Long story short:
    lol