Byond ID?
    Cry of Wolves

CM Character?
    Sif Magnus

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    Pacific Standard

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    Working on Fri, Sat, and Sun. I can give 26 hours per week.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes, Ex-admin

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    No.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    might wanna fix this. it's a repeat.

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Negative.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Only been kicked. Once for Dabbing in mchat and the other for being a furry.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Negative.

Are you familiar with the chat program Slack (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Always have and will continue do so.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Check the logs to see if it was disarm spam, proper escalation or a wordless grief attempt. Contact the player to see what their side is as well as any victims they might have hit. Ban them if grief or have notes of continued behavior.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    If you have an issue with a predator in the game, I recommend you follow this link and post your report here: //forms.php?do=form&fid=10

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Contact them to see if they need any assistance with the game, then send a mentor to do the rest of the work.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Tell them while they are creative with their choice of persuasion. I recommend they tone down the attitude or face a ban for rule 3.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Check their notes, contact them to change their name next round and seek an admin to VV their names if there is one available at the time.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Tell them to return the gear, check notes if they have continued behavior of powergaming. apply warning or ban based on notes.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Tell it is an IC issue. Survivors have "Almost" free reign of RP if they chose to not evac. if they come peacefully, they will lose all rights to self-antag and face proper punishment if they attempt it.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Well, if they had murdered someone before hand of this incident, it would be considered valid, but if not. I would contact the MP and CMP to discuss why the severe punishment and set them straight with proper procedure.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Queen mother Announce that the aliens need to assault the marines to their last breath. This should hopefully get them moving unless an admin decides that Abombing them is faster.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    First off, i would never play as medic. Secondly, check to see if incompetence or blatant greifing. Check logs in their VV on who administered the OD and apply proper warning or punishment.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    IC issue, you are a hostile faction killed by your sworn enemy. There is no such thing as war crimes in space.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Check logs of the assaulter, if there is a long list of disarm spams and punching. Apply warning or ban if said aggressor has a continued history of roundstart shenanigans

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Improper escalation. Being punched or disarmed does not give you an excuse to pull out your rifle and unload your AP mag into the victim. Apply day ban or worse if notes provide repeated offenses.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Send out an OOC announcement and hope they all listen to stop. If not, sleep the leader of the group and PM on what they are doing. apply proper punishments if they have history of this and hand out an OOC warning about unauthorized mutinies.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Tell them that while it may be offensive, it is an IC issue. If they start to continue the racist behavior, but directly towards the player themselves, I will step in and apply proper warnings.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Apply week ban, check notes and apply perma if repeated. Aheal players affected by the grief.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Apply Xeno Jobban. Blatant attempt to cause a minor stepback towards the xeno. Notify the player of their actions and apply round ban.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    PM them to knock it off, they are not Mememachines and they have no free will. Shape up or face a round ban.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Tell them that the Hivemind is just an interpretation of what it would be in English. There is nothing wrong here, no action to be taken.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    PM the Acting Commander that they have no knowledge of aliens on the planet unless explicitly told by High Command via an Admin.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    This is a hard thing to distinguish between grief or RP. Usually, notes will show if the player is malicious or roleplaying as a terrified marine. Considered IC until proven otherwise.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Apply Rule 3 and round ban. If they don't like it, they can take it to staff reports.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    IC issue. You are free game.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Tell them via Mchat that they made a mistake and tell them the proper procedure. Do not PM the ahelp the correct information, let the staff member correct themselves out of respect.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Contact the Admin in game and let them handle it. It is the admin's job to have the final interpretation of the ruling. Do not step in the argument or take sides.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    A new year and I miss the staff team.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    To be able to handle the pressure of negative feedback from the community. We are here to be peacekeepers and enforcers, not to buddy up with players and turn a blind eye to certain groups

Anything else you
    Now I know I could have contacted Grimcad or Sir Lordington to skip through this whole process, but I never liked the Idea of having my original position back. I prefer to earn my keep than simply have it given to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 good boy.
    Would make great host

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it would be nice to have you back Cry +1.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were an admin who retired in good graces can�t you just come out of retirement?
    If you don�t want to contact the heads and come back as a admin, I think it would be a waste to make you a trial mod IMHO

+1 anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 You were a good mod, and a good admin.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'd be good to have you back, I had a few good interactions with you before I joined Staff if I recall. +1
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember you as an Admin and from what I can remember, you did your job pretty well. +1 from me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1, they were good then, I'm sure they'll be good now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't remember you ever FFing me, and considering that your answers show that you have been around long and understand your stuff, easy +1.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy +1 from me. Did your job well when you were an admin. Happy to see you back.