Byond ID?
    Driker

Marine Name
    Shaun Sindarin and Joseph Phillips

Other Whitelist Applications
    None

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Shaun

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    As an android, you fight as a last resort and in the interest of self-preservation. Example, if I am repairing a mission objective alone, such as telecoms and an enemy directly engages me and I am unable to safely flee or obtain assistance from marines, I can make use of melee weapons to attempt wounding the enemy enough that it backs off, giving me time to get away. Killing the enemy ONLY if I have no chance to escape and it continues engaging me.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...qiGftfm56i/pub

Word Count: 8115
    I was told you needed a few thousand to even be considered. I hope this is alright.

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Shaun's primary designation is that of a Chaplain. Personality-wise he's typically calm, courteous and attempts to waylay sour attitudes of Marines by engaging in harmless games and jokes that the Marines play on each other. Though his understanding of humor is outdated and he often misses the punchlines to jokes. His noted quirk is his obsessive fascination with chess and involving it in situations that have nothing to do with it, often treating situations like a game of chess.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Extremely. I primarily play as a maintenance technician or Squad Engineer and Engineering Cyborg is my primary role on other servers.

How familiar are you with Command?
    So - So. Probably my weakest role if I am to be honest. I know how to make good use of command abilities in combat and can work the Orbital Cannon and maps well enough, but I prefer leaving the leading to the people that want to lead. Also in my opinion Synthetics are here to take orders, not give them.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Extremely. I am well versed in the medical systems from other space station 13 servers and I've found Colonial Marines to be streamlined in comparison. I can cut your Marines up and put them right back together.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Decent. I don't play the role that often, but I know my way around it. Deal with the initial rush of Marines abbreviating the attachments they want, and then it's smooth sailing. After that it's serving LORD LIFT and delivering it's goods to the Marines planet-side.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I am a support junkie. I am and always have been terrible at Space Station 13 combat, but I am GREAT at support roles and enjoy them. All of the support roles in one nice little android package, and I don't have to be good at shooting and can get away with role-playing? Sign me up!

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Synthetics are my primary play style on other servers. I won't link it here unless requested, but I play them so much that on another server that enforces a level of roleplay, I have a snowflake cyborg model that is a fast food mascot. If I get whitelisted for this, synth will very rapidly become the highest on my played list.
    Other than that, thank you very much for taking the time to read all of this.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ehh the minimum for the story is 10k words, sorry pal you were close. Better luck next time.

No, but seriously. I'm blown away by the size of this bad boy. I really don't know what kind of psychopath told you that stories need to have thousands of words to even be CONSIDERED. 2000 words is way more than enough, mine was around 1000. Really there's no minimum, its just gotta be long enough for us to get a good understanding of your synthetic. Which can be done in less than 1000. Didn't you check and notice how short our accepted applications can be?

I'll be the first one to admit I haven't read the whole thing, but from what I read it seems you have a good understanding of how synthetics work, for example:

“You son of a bitch, you tricked me! I really thought I had pissed you off or something.”

“Come now Ethan, much like life, chess is all about tricking your adversaries into thinking two steps behind or not thinking at all. You know full well that I can't REALLY get upset with you, especially over stating simple facts.”

I also like the general dialogue from Shaun throughout what I read, it's got that formality which makes it seem slightly 'off'. Which is good, cause making the synthetics speech less natural helps with them being more than just 'Human 2.0'.

The quirk is really nice too. It's different, but it works very well which has been proven by Michael whom I believe is currently the only chaplain synth we have. And really I would like some more, cause the potential for RP with them is really good, and with the way you present Shaun in the story I think you'd pull it off well!

I don't believe we've interacted in-game with eachother but really with the effort you put into the story along with how good everything else with the application is, I definitely feel like you deserve a shot.

1+
    Last edited by 4000daniel1; 02-21-2020 at 02:45 PM.
    Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate you taking the time to go over it.
    As far as looking at other applications, I did skim over a couple for the sake of making sure my format was proper, but I didn't read any of the stories as to avoid ripping off ideas.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Shaun" has already been taken as a synthetic name.

I haven't heard of your names often, especially in any support departments.

Your story is decent, I can't say it was too creative nor engaging. However, it does seem that you have put a very large amount of effort into it.

Questions:
    1. You see a CLF member guarding the generators you are supposed to repair. They are looting a dead marine. What do you do?
    2. What colour pill bottle is Peridaxon?
    3. What 3 organ damages all induce toxin damage?
    Last edited by Novacti; 02-23-2020 at 05:09 AM.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novacti View Post

I haven't heard of your names often, especially in any support departments.

Your story is decent, I can't say it was too creative nor engaging. However, it does seem that you have put a very large amount of effort into it.

Questions:
    1. You see a CLF member guarding the generators you are supposed to repair. They are looting a dead marine. What do you do?
    2. What colour pill bottle is Peridaxon?
    3. What 3 organ damages all induce toxin damage?
    I'm sadly not surprised people aren't recognizing me. I work 12 hour shifts, except on Thursdays and I tend to only get to play during low pop hours.

1: I immediately disengage and request assistance from Marine forces. For all my character knows the individual would be just as likely to shoot me as they would to engage in negotiations. I would then wait in a safe location nearby to assist with reviving the fallen Marine and repairing the generators after the situation is dealt with.

2: Black

3: Liver, kidney, and appendix.
    Last edited by Driker; 02-26-2020 at 05:07 AM.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does Shaun actually believe in a higher power?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    Does Shaun actually believe in a higher power?
    Not truly, no. He is programmed to display the illusion of belief. Not that he would admit such a thing to the crew. Belief can be a powerful motivator.
    Last edited by Driker; 02-26-2020 at 05:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1, dudes a chad always playing support roles, really helpful and has a keen eye for RP, as he was one of the few that could actually get me to RP of my own will. I can also say that he has competence in support roles. Also I don't have short black hair, chill bro.
    Only issue I have is you can't hit a slug shot, but hey its a synth application, so no guns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan10000llahd View Post
    +1, dudes a chad always playing support roles, really helpful and has a keen eye for RP, as he was one of the few that could actually get me to RP of my own will. I can also say that he has competence in support roles. Also I don't have short black hair, chill bro.
    Only issue I have is you can't hit a slug shot, but hey its a synth application, so no guns
    I appreciate the +1
    I have to say though, it's not that hard to get people to roleplay. If someone is willing, talking to them is usually enough' otherwise they'll just ignore you and keep walking.

ALSO I CAN HIT SLUGS THANK YOU.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novacti View Post
    I neglected to respond to this part before and I apologise for that.
    I'm aware of the list of used synth names now. I didn't initially realize it'd be an issue to have two of the same name.

Would Xavier be alright to use? I don't see that one on the list.