User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The CO's Should Be Like queens: Their Word is Law

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The CO's Should Be Like queens: Their Word is Law

In real military situations, the soldiers would not so brazenly disobey the orders of their CO. That kind of thing happened in the old days when officers lied and said they never received their superior's orders, but that was before the CO could blast his orders int your own helmet. Why is the queen's word law, but not the CO's? It's not med RP like the server claims to be if you ask me.

Not only would it be more realistic for CO orders to be enforced a bit more, but it would encourage CO's to be more active and engaged, as making a bad order (which the marines would have to follow or convince the CO that he's wrong about) could have worse consequences for him or her. One of the reasons there's never mutinies is because since barely anyone listens to the CO anyways past the initial orders at briefing, the CO rarely has personal responsibility for anything that happens!
    Last edited by Chemical; 02-21-2020 at 02:11 AM.

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The CO's word is the law. Mutinies are usually done when they have a valid reason to try and overthrow command such as ordering marines to kill other marines, unfairly executing a marine, generally unlawful actions like using marines for medical experiments. If marines were not allowed to turn against command COs could literally order everyone to die regardless of the chance of success. It is not possible to enforce this on 100+ marines compared to 30 or so xenos.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CO can execute marines that openly don't follow orders. Xenos have to follow queen's word because they're a hivemind, and it's much easier to enforce since there's less xenos than humans. Also, SLs have to follow orders unless these orders get his squad killed etc.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gosh no, too many memers would ruin this

just treat them like a semi senile grandpa you pretend to listen to and respect, then when they're done lecturing you, go rush outside and play with your friends like any good marine worth their pinwheel caps

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As something of a "CO main" myself, nah I think its good the way it is. If your a good communicator and ungas respect you they'll listen to your orders, if your not a good communicator you shouldent be playing CO and if ungas dont respect you then you gotta play SL more. Theirs always gonna be a few rambos and loners but honestly just account for them as your forward assault scouts and the benefits such players bring to your strategy. The rambo players will either get killed quickly (and stop being a rambo) or they'll become super robust and hold an entire flank by themselves while you focus on tryna siege down the hive.

Any CO who resorts to BEing someone for not following their orders to the letter loses all my respect to be honest, unless they did something really bad like pull the alamo out early during an evac or if their an SL and took their team on a suicide charge (how dare you not die in MY suicide charge). Some delta PFC running around the jungle wont ruin anyones round, but you mateba whipping them will certainly ruin theirs, and EVERYONES round experience matters equally which is something I think alot of command players take for granted.

Aslong as the bulk of the squad is following their SL, and the SL is listening to you then you'll be right.

Also it makes sense for the aliens to have a greater degree of enforcement for their queen than the marines do, the aliens are a hivemind while the marines are just dudes n that
    Last edited by Dreven; 02-21-2020 at 10:18 AM.

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Real life officers spend years cultivating the air of authority around them, so that people would follow their orders. Part of the fun of playing CIC roles is building up that air of authority every round.

Also COs orders being enforced would further aggravate the already existing problem of marines not listening to their overwatch: "fuck off SO, I would only listen to COs order".
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, cuck.

Fuck Command, and Fuck the CO.

But really, instead of saying like "marines stop having fun from clicking xenos and retreat", Try stating the problem and reason for the retreat like, "Delta squad, your getting hit from the east, move back", "Charlie squad, your right flank is open, you geting surrounded, move back!'.

They normally listen.
    Last edited by Damous; 02-27-2020 at 05:40 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because if I was to give an utter dogshit order, the player is not forced to listen to my shitty order and can choose to ignore them at his own peril.

Which in my opinion makes it far more interesting Marine side when people don't always listen, Also couple the fact that combat logs may clog comms, or they are actively fighting and have to focus on not dying to read my announcement. That is why I don't believe my word should be a server rule to listen to like the queen because humans are an independent thinking being that was gifted with free will and is not a hivemind.

It also stops dumb fucking memer autists like me from absolutely griefing your rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marines are not like xenomorphs. They're humans. Each marine is individual with his/her skills, minds and else. They can not follow the order. And xenomorphs are hivemind and they MUST follow orders. They will give their lives for the hive. I mean, just bruh. COs shouldn't be like queens, that's weird

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeniyEvgeniy View Post
    COs shouldn't be like queens, that's weird
    Yeah seriously, no one wants the CO crapping out eggs in CIC.