User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WIP Cargo Tech Guide Video (Help Wanted)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I'll work on it some more soon. The changes will probably appear immediately.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This gets my RO-stamp of approval
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    This gets my RO-stamp of approval
    Hot damn! Well, back to work then. Will release a list of 'bounties' which are the screenshots I need if anyone in the field can collect a few and send them to me. You'll be credited of course.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PFC Snots View Post
    I'm working on a guide for Cargo Tech. It's everything that I've learned doing the job condensed into a format which I plan to make into a youtube video. I'll also be releasing a one-pager image file as a 'cheat sheet' for quick reference for things such as vender info, how to use the headset, and other stuff.

Before you get too excited, I'm working with extreme limitations. My computer is a potato, so this glorious project will be made with the power of windows movie maker. That means that this guide will rely on static images, the sounds of my face-hole narration, and my crudely drawn cartoons to illustrate what I can't capture. Yes, it's going to be horrible.

I need to make sure what I'm releasing is accurate. This is just a partial guide but I want to make sure I'm not releasing inaccurate information. I would probably die if that were the case. So I need someone to review what I've put together for consistency.

This video isn't monetized. I can't offer you any monetary compensation, but I will credit you as a collaborator. If you're interested in being a part of this, please send me a message or...heck, just comment here.

What I have so far:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=13E...fdTfUQXtc94zKQ

I'm working on this as a labor of stupid love, so I can only devote whatever I have outside of my day job. It'll be slow going, but I think it'll be fun. Thanks in advance.
    I used to play a shit ton of RO, I still occasionally do the role, so I can give you some advice if you want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    I used to play a shit ton of RO, I still occasionally do the role, so I can give you some advice if you want.
    I'm making some changes in a couple of hours from now. I'll let you know when it's up for review. I'm trying to make the explanations clear and easy to understand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    I can give you some advice if you want.
    What I have so far:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=13E...fdTfUQXtc94zKQ

Please let me know what you think of it. It's unfinished and has a long way to go, but it's progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by FortyPercent View Post
    How's progress going? I quite like your guide from what I'm seeing. If you need help with screencaps, I'd be happy to!
    I have a few screencaps that I need that would help a lot. You can email them to: [email protected] or just link them here I guess.

BOUNTIES:

I need the following screen captures. Some of these can be done with just BYOND's quick screenshot function, but some you need a full screenshot since I need menus.

1. At the very start of a round, you get text that is generated. It says that you are the Cargo Tech, etc. Your ID is...blah blah. I would like the dialog capped if possible.

2. The radio sound effect when on coms if someone has that. Not super important, but nice to have.

3. A screenshot or sprite of an encryption key. Maybe all the different keys laid out in a neat row on the floor.

4. A capture of the menu that appears when the CT builds something with metal.

5. Screenshot of marines in line. Both lines filled with both CTs at their stations.

6. This is really tricky, but it would be good to get a screenshot or something that shows the animation change when you feed something to the Autolathe

7. Capture of the terminal menu for launching crates. Input Long and Lat too.

8. A good screenshot showing putting things in the supply crate on the E space. A crate with plenty of contents ready to be closed and launched.

9. The FOB. Something to show the viewer what happens to the materials and supplies sent down. Maybe a picture of the empty crates at the LZ or Hydro or wherever and all the contents unpacked haphazardly as the marines tend to do.

10. The elevator in a state of lowering with a load of closed crates, the railing up and ready to descend any moment.

11. A good capture of the lowered elevator and that spooky black pit. If you can right click and get description text for it too, that would be great!

12. Not necessary, but if you can capture something being thrown down the elevator shaft that would be AWESOME

13. Screenshot showing the LOOC options tab displayed.

14. Something funny or interesting.

Depending on what you send and how many, I'll try to reward you with more than just a mention in the credits.

Anyway, thanks for your continued support. I'm awfully tired now.
    Last edited by PFC Snots; 03-06-2020 at 05:55 AM.

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    me am tired and low sleep will post more things need screenshot if you can help
    would be super appeciate

please use the quick screenshot function or use a screen capture. please no cropped image if possible
    me need big images for big slides cause i blow them up to see sprites and other details

please you screenshot:

1. encryption keys. can you lay them on floor in neat little row so I can isolate the sprites?

2. Please take the pins off your uniform into your hand so I can show to put them on marine uniform

3. please am show welding a door or vent or both if you super productive

4. you need screen capture for this one but need menu of when you right click on a crate to identify it

thank you so much

here is important message

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PFC Snots View Post
    -snip-
    Alright, I hope these are what you wanted.

One (top right is supply, bottom right is engineering, others are squad keys, maybe also remind people that a headset can only hold so many keys)

Two

Didnt manage to grab three and four yet (joined late and early evac), but I might try again later today or tomorrow.
    Last edited by FortyPercent; 03-31-2020 at 11:57 AM.
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)