Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    - rscadd: "Explosions now have visible shockwaves"
    - rscadd: "Explosions are now circular-ish in shape"
    - rscadd: "Explosions blocked by walls may still spread around the wall in a cone-like shape. Be careful!"
    - rscadd: "Explosions will now reflect off walls (functionality was already there, just only happened in extremely specific circumstances)"
    - tweak: "Claymore mines now use non-directional explosions. Sharpnel from the mines remains direcitonal"
    - bugfix: "Fixed parts of large explosions temporarily freezing"

I have zero fucking idea why you all have this stupid shitty predisposition that all that devs do is to mess with YOUR PERSONAL FUN.

For fuck sake, get over it. We don't hide anything from you
    If you had a real time monitor of the coders and code they would still cry stealth changes, it a meme now for better or worse.

Also pretty sure nothing has changed with chem bombs for a while. The nade in OP probably had all the impact hit the researcher or something or just a one off incident or maybe rav pounce just before nade went off who knows. Chem nades still scare aliens since it can always be a glorified m15 in a can.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    there is a KNOWN bug where you can basically "ride the wave" and make so that explosion processor never triggers on you. I've seen xenos and marines escape gibbing this way

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    - rscadd: "Explosions now have visible shockwaves"
    - rscadd: "Explosions are now circular-ish in shape"
    - rscadd: "Explosions blocked by walls may still spread around the wall in a cone-like shape. Be careful!"
    - rscadd: "Explosions will now reflect off walls (functionality was already there, just only happened in extremely specific circumstances)"
    - tweak: "Claymore mines now use non-directional explosions. Sharpnel from the mines remains direcitonal"
    - bugfix: "Fixed parts of large explosions temporarily freezing"

I have zero fucking idea why you all have this stupid shitty predisposition that all that devs do is to mess with YOUR PERSONAL FUN.

For fuck sake, get over it. We don't hide anything from you
    Dude, that's why I was asking. I saw the explosion system got updated again and thought it broke something in chem nades. I've been seeing the new explosion stuff in action and it's a lot better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New chem-nades work fine for me (not that I’m any good at placement, or setting it off before a warrior ruins my fun, or being anywhere near where the grenade spec is testing them). But 80u water, 20u iron, 1u phoron, 19u thermite in one and 80u potassium, 20u iron, 1u aluminum, 1u sulfuric acid, and 18u thermite in the other makes a decent sized explosion with decent shrapnel and fire, everything a growing body needs. And it prevents you from being captured, most important part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let’s not blame the devs here. Joking about “stealth changes” can be funny in some circumstances, but in this case it seems to be more related to lag and inexperienced researchers.

If you play for any period of time you know Byond throws a fit when lag and explosions are mixed. There is also this major misconception amongst brand-new researchers that max-cap greenfire grenades are useful beyond annoying drone castes and wiping out large groups of marines. What do you do then? Experiment and adapt. There are still super secret recipes capable of doing great damage against xenos, but I must say no more.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone has played on the Almayer update there is a new part of the ship dedicated to custom explosives, so maybe they might see a comeback soon.
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BatHoovyDood View Post
    If anyone has played on the Almayer update there is a new part of the ship dedicated to custom explosives, so maybe they might see a comeback soon.
    Yeah, apparently there’s a chem tech or... ordnance tech, I think that’s it. It’s their job to screw with nades and missiles and OBs. It will be... interesting to say the least.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosetasm View Post
    Yeah, apparently there’s a chem tech or... ordnance tech, I think that’s it. It’s their job to screw with nades and missiles and OBs. It will be... interesting to say the least.
    Munitions Technician I think. And yeah it could be very interesting indeed. I just hope it doesn't get too nerfed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the sound of this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m interested to see what exactly their job entails. Like... do they have to make ALL the ordnance? Or do they just supplement by making custom mixes? If they have to make it all, they’ll prolly have a medical-style rush at round start while they make the donuts craft the basic missiles and OB shells. And once people find out that you can get nades from them, they’ll prolly have their own unofficial line, just like medical. (Seriously, why doesn’t the chem lab on the Almayer have railings and an “eject troublemaker from line” button?)

Makes me wonder how it’s all going to be set up. Like... will there be specialty containers for placing in missiles and OB, will you just be dumping beakers in like before, or will you just be dumping 300u water, then 300u of potassium into something like the chemmaster, and telling it to poop out a missile that mixes the two?