User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chem 'nades are officially dead

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was actually Ordnance Technician, here's a wiki-link.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    It was actually Ordnance Technician, here's a wiki-link.
    From the wiki: “Detonation Simulator”

Thank Cthulhu. We’ve needed one of these for ages.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosetasm View Post
    I’m interested to see what exactly their job entails. Like... do they have to make ALL the ordnance? Or do they just supplement by making custom mixes? If they have to make it all, they’ll prolly have a medical-style rush at round start while they make the donuts craft the basic missiles and OB shells. And once people find out that you can get nades from them, they’ll prolly have their own unofficial line, just like medical. (Seriously, why doesn’t the chem lab on the Almayer have railings and an “eject troublemaker from line” button?)

Makes me wonder how it’s all going to be set up. Like... will there be specialty containers for placing in missiles and OB, will you just be dumping beakers in like before, or will you just be dumping 300u water, then 300u of potassium into something like the chemmaster, and telling it to poop out a missile that mixes the two?
    Played all most all OT tests as CE or OT so I got experience in the field. The new OT will probably have the meta line like Medical in the coming week as the current thing is people just think it's fucking useless but once a recording of how amazingly godlike they are gets published, the line will grow and popularity will increase and OT's are more to supplement the current normal counterparts with absurd recreations of them.

The way you make missiles is via having a warhead and the tube, Tube gets its propellent and the warhead gets whatever you want to do shit with basically a two-parter to making absurd bombs and gadgets.

From the looks of it, Tobi who is in charge of OT update doesn't want these shit to be nerfed and wants it to be commonly used via specs engineers and etc and also wants to expand the current recipes into more complex shit even branching out the bombs to Dropships, ob's or bullets if he wants to.

Heres the wiki https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Ordnance_Technician

This update, if merged will make research nades get thrown into the black hole and skyrocket the OT bombs into the stratosphere if there isn't heavy nerfs.
    Last edited by Gamerboi69; 03-28-2020 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Gamerboi69;48284... also wants to expand the current recipes into more complex shit even branching out the bombs to Dropships, ob's or bullets if he wants to.[/QUOTE]

Ahh imagine custom OBs! Would be interesting to see what could be made. Imagine making and OB that basically just burns for five minutes to have massive area denial. Or if Tobi goes full on recursive and let's us make clusterbombs/mine dropping bombs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh imagine custom OBs! Would be interesting to see what could be made. Imagine making and OB that basically just burns for five minutes to have massive area denial. Or if Tobi goes full on recursive and let's us make clusterbombs/mine dropping bombs.
    Clusterbombs already exist in the code (cluster flashbangs). I have plans to give OTs cluster type casings in the future

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will the cluster OB finally be useful? I hope so.

Imagine if the cluster OB was more like a Fatty, with multiple explosions that split off into wider explosions. It'd actually be good then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiNerd View Post
    Clusterbombs already exist in the code (cluster flashbangs). I have plans to give OTs cluster type casings in the future
    Finally, I'll show 'em, I'll show 'em all. Mwaha haha ha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A custom OB would be interesting. But the current OBs are already very impressive, with one obliterating all inside a certain radius, and another setting fire to most of the screen. What else could you really add?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosetasm View Post
    A custom OB would be interesting. But the current OBs are already very impressive, with one obliterating all inside a certain radius, and another setting fire to most of the screen. What else could you really add?
    Long term area denial would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long term area denial would be great.
    When you say long term, how long term do you mean? Because the OB that sets the screen on fire does so for a decent amount of time. Do you mean like 5-10 minutes?