Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Chem 'nades are officially dead

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosetasm View Post
    A custom OB would be interesting. But the current OBs are already very impressive, with one obliterating all inside a certain radius, and another setting fire to most of the screen. What else could you really add?
    I disagree, the OB warheads all take way too long to arrive and have an enormous amount of warning to get out of the way. The HE OB is weaker than a Fatty, the incendiary OB is bad because it's fire, and the cluster OB is an actual bad joke that you buy only on accident or to grief as CO/XO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mean like 5-10 minutes?
    Yes, or maybe even 15 minutes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really know how you think that having flame cover an entire area for 15 minutes is interesting gameplay or balanced really.

Anyway, chem nades have always been in this limbo of being too weak to do anything really noteworthy and too strong to justify giving it out to every PFC you meet. It's not gonna change with the OT update, and it's not gonna change ever. The only thing the OT update will do is to popularize the concept of chem nade, and that's it. It won't be allowed to be strong, just like how Satanizer was killed in 2 weeks and how signaler was immediately made useless after that. And honestly I'm fine with it. I don't want it to be a mainstream thing that you can expect the OT to shit out 10 chem nades early game to give it out to everyone who asks. I don't want it to be too strong that other features get taken out even after the nerf just to pile on the hurt. I'm fine with it just being good enough to kill some dumb T2s and being weak enough for it to not get killed after a week.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyAlone0309 View Post
    I don't really know how you think that having flame cover an entire area for 15 minutes is interesting gameplay or balanced really.

Anyway, chem nades have always been in this limbo of being too weak to do anything really noteworthy and too strong to justify giving it out to every PFC you meet. It's not gonna change with the OT update, and it's not gonna change ever. The only thing the OT update will do is to popularize the concept of chem nade, and that's it. It won't be allowed to be strong, just like how Satanizer was killed in 2 weeks and how signaler was immediately made useless after that. And honestly I'm fine with it. I don't want it to be a mainstream thing that you can expect the OT to shit out 10 chem nades early game to give it out to everyone who asks. I don't want it to be too strong that other features get taken out even after the nerf just to pile on the hurt. I'm fine with it just being good enough to kill some dumb T2s and being weak enough for it to not get killed after a week.
    It's interesting in the same way a wall is interesting, it disables that area and forces people to go a different route. It's no different from a resin printer blocking off a cave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    I disagree, the OB warheads all take way too long to arrive and have an enormous amount of warning to get out of the way. The HE OB is weaker than a Fatty, the incendiary OB is bad because it's fire, and the cluster OB is an actual bad joke that you buy only on accident or to grief as CO/XO.
    I meant more along the lines that the current OBs already do as advertised. HE blows up a large area, so the question was more like “you want a larger area exploded?” Same with the incendiary, it sets the screen on fire for a decent amount of time, long enough for both sides to rally or retreat. Cluster though... yeah... I think that 90% of Cluster OBs result in the “good hits” midi being played. But I think it’s a recurrent theme; marine weapons are more dangerous to marines than to xenos.

Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    Yes, or maybe even 15 minutes.
    Woah, yeah, no. 5 minutes would have to be the absolute upper limit. Even then it’s on the really long side.

You have to factor in missed shots too. What if you hit the FOB? Even just five minutes of the FOB being on fire... or the landing zone... it’d be cancer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant more along the lines that the current OBs already do as advertised. HE blows up a large area, so the question was more like “you want a larger area exploded?” Same with the incendiary, it sets the screen on fire for a decent amount of time, long enough for both sides to rally or retreat. Cluster though... yeah... I think that 90% of Cluster OBs result in the “good hits” midi being played. But I think it’s a recurrent theme; marine weapons are more dangerous to marines than to xenos.

Woah, yeah, no. 5 minutes would have to be the absolute upper limit. Even then it’s on the really long side.

You have to factor in missed shots too. What if you hit the FOB? Even just five minutes of the FOB being on fire... or the landing zone... it’d be cancer.
    Generally it's always cancer when the FOB is hit by an OB, so not much different there.