Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Balanced TDM

3 5.08%
  • Medium RP Server

22 37.29%
  • Mix between RP and TDM

20 33.90%
  • I wish it would be Medium RP, but IMO it's just not realistically applicable for everyone playing

13 22.03%
  • Other

1 1.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want your opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want your opinion

What should Colonial Marines be?
    Is an Ambidexterous marine and xeno main.

Anekcahap "Kneecap" Volkov
    Agent X41833N

"Some of the best words are never said, but are rather understood."

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizolo View Post
    What should Colonial Marines be?
    why is tower defense not an option? Xenos should just march in a straight line with marines shooting at them.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want it to be ERP server, uwu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HRP server.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeniyEvgeniy View Post
    HRP server.
    Unironically this. The server is just too awesome to be wasted on 15 year old LRP scum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    why is tower defense not an option? Xenos should just march in a straight line with marines shooting at them.
    I thought that was a once in a while event. Firebase something.

I actually would love more crumbling outpost kind of games, personally.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CM is a predator diplomacy simulator
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the balance between TDM and RP. I jumped back into SS13 because I wanted to play a game where RP is important, and where we make stories. If I wanted to just play TDM I would play ARMA or Squad. Those are games where "YOLO" or "epic gamer moment" wouldn't be out of place at all.

The format of SS13 presents difficulties for both RP and TDM. It makes it difficult to RP during a firefight, though there's always little moments of calm where RP can happen. Since a death means waiting an hour or two before the next round, I've learned to really calculate how much risk it is to save other marines. Sometimes it's not worth it to try and save someone. My marine has made friends though, and there's some people he would charge solo into the hive to try and save. For me, the best rounds are ones where he's fighting with other marines he respects and/or cares about. If the server was reduced to pure TDM those rounds wouldn't really be possible, and I wouldn't be a regular anymore. I would still come and play sometimes, but I would find somewhere else to RP.

On the other hand, it would be really foolish to ignore the TDM aspects of the game. Balance is important, even if it isn't 50/50. I'm personally a fan of something like the 70/30 balance, but I understand why some people aren't. That's an argument for another thread. I'm sure we can all agree though that it isn't really a *game* if it's all just one side stomping the other.

Finding that balance between RP and TDM is, of course, significantly more difficult than just making it one or the other. It requires constant coordinated work between the moderators making sure RP standards are met and the developers making sure something resembling game balance is maintained. CM13 being a byond based asymmetrical shooter doesn't make that easy for either team. But it would be a major loss for the player base and the SS13 community as a whole if this server decided to switch wholly to RP or TDM instead of fighting the good fight for balance between the two.

P.S. Rather than see the server switch to pure RP or TDM if the balance can't be maintained, I would rather see CABAL's idea go through. uwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnwaveringGrey View Post
    I like the balance between TDM and RP. I jumped back into SS13 because I wanted to play a game where RP is important, and where we make stories. If I wanted to just play TDM I would play ARMA or Squad. Those are games where "YOLO" or "epic gamer moment" wouldn't be out of place at all.

The format of SS13 presents difficulties for both RP and TDM. It makes it difficult to RP during a firefight, though there's always little moments of calm where RP can happen. Since a death means waiting an hour or two before the next round, I've learned to really calculate how much risk it is to save other marines. Sometimes it's not worth it to try and save someone. My marine has made friends though, and there's some people he would charge solo into the hive to try and save. For me, the best rounds are ones where he's fighting with other marines he respects and/or cares about. If the server was reduced to pure TDM those rounds wouldn't really be possible, and I wouldn't be a regular anymore. I would still come and play sometimes, but I would find somewhere else to RP.

On the other hand, it would be really foolish to ignore the TDM aspects of the game. Balance is important, even if it isn't 50/50. I'm personally a fan of something like the 70/30 balance, but I understand why some people aren't. That's an argument for another thread. I'm sure we can all agree though that it isn't really a *game* if it's all just one side stomping the other.

Finding that balance between RP and TDM is, of course, significantly more difficult than just making it one or the other. It requires constant coordinated work between the moderators making sure RP standards are met and the developers making sure something resembling game balance is maintained. CM13 being a byond based asymmetrical shooter doesn't make that easy for either team. But it would be a major loss for the player base and the SS13 community as a whole if this server decided to switch wholly to RP or TDM instead of fighting the good fight for balance between the two.

P.S. Rather than see the server switch to pure RP or TDM if the balance can't be maintained, I would rather see CABAL's idea go through. uwu
    Preach it my dude
    Is an Ambidexterous marine and xeno main.

Anekcahap "Kneecap" Volkov
    Agent X41833N

"Some of the best words are never said, but are rather understood."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnwaveringGrey View Post
    It has to be tasteful though. There should be a romance element, like maybe there's love letters involved.