User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should we have flying xenos?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 31.37%
  • No

16 31.37%
  • ummmmmm, depends on how you implement them and what they do

19 37.25%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Xeno Flyers Y/N?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “flyer” to attach it’s self to walls and ceilings and gains evasion bonus while in dark or dimly lit areas. While not in flight the “flyer” will have an easier time climbing the wallThe flyer will appear translucent so it ain’t gunned down immediately upon being spotted. If on a ceiling the cloak is more translucent given how most people don’t look up for god knows why. (If possible when pointed out by a marine the flyer is decloaked and relieved). When shot at the “flyer” is dropped from the wall and given a short speed boost to escape.

Ability 2 is “Bone Shard” the “flyer” shoots out a shard of bone at incredible speeds lodging itself into the unlucky marine forcing them to pull it out. Kinda like the Ravager’s bone shrapnel. But there is a twist. Instead of the irregular small bone shards the Rav throws. These shards are long (size of a human middle finger) bone spikes. These spikes when removed cause bleeding to the target forcing targets to deal with bleeding or get medical help. The more spikes removed the more bleeding.

Ability 3 is called “Acid Cloud” the “flyer” shoots out a gas cloud similar to the boiler Acid Bombard gas cloud yet weaker and a smaller gas cloud around the shape of a five tile +.

(sorry for the weird post I was typing on my phone and it wouldnt let me submit it properly so I made it a 2 parter.)
    Last edited by Midnight0gamer; 03-10-2020 at 02:00 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m just thinking about a pterodactyl Xeno just flying above, swooping down and picking up marines.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taking some ideas from here and thinking of some new things as well to add some possible abilities to the pot (subject to extreme change and having these ideas berated).

Cling - Flyer latches to the ceiling and is given access to the dive ability while they remain on the ceiling. They are stealthed in some way, god knows what way and I think that will be the biggest thing to be figured out in this thread.

Fly - You charge up (channel time) your strength and take off into the air. If the ceiling is glass or less, you fly into the air (leaving broken glass if glass ceiling), and are able to move around a limited distance without being affected by the z level, much like a burrower. Maybe if someone is in a grab while you channel it, they will be flown up for a couple of seconds before being dropped back to the same tile for damage or just make that a separate ability. Gives access to dive ability, which only works while you are above glass ceiling or less in this case.

Dive - You dive from either your clinging spot, or from your flight (if glass ceiling or less), and stun in a small aoe, maybe dealing damage to mobs on the tile you land on.

I think this works well for the more versatile ambusher thing than the invisible runner as someone called the lurker, and could be a unique niche class. Hopefully, all the ideas in this thread can be consolidated someday to something workable, but I'm just tossing in my two cents for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctorprobe69 View Post
    I’m just thinking about a pterodactyl Xeno just flying above, swooping down and picking up marines.
    I was thinking something similar, with a sprite probably based off of this kind of form:

7b64054819633a9dce7243ba986c4eaf.jpg

Kinda reminds me of the pterodactyls from the first Jurassic World movie, using the knuckles of their wings to run about on all fours instead of the normal bipedal bird hop.
    Last edited by Moosetasm; 03-11-2020 at 03:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe in ss14..
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th