Date of Incident
    February 26, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Natalia Vynn

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    senen182

Accused Character Name
    Alexander Hawthorne

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    08:05ish Central US Time

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 3. Don't be a dick

Description of the incident:
    Was playing Charlie PFC, following my SL and later my spec throughout the round, sticking close to them and following orders. We were ordered to set up a FOB at filtration, after SL led a part of our squad into a probing attack to give our 2 engies some breathing room to build, we've returned to find some very pitiful fortifications. SL ordered the engies to pull back and set up a FOB outside Filtrations, a little to the west.

The named Charlie SO started complaining to my SL about this decision, in the midst of the argument I butted in and said:

"This location isn't feasible for a FOB" or something along those lines

Not long after SO said:

"I know FOB duty is boring, but you have to build a FOB in filt, trust the XO's plan."

To which I replied:

"Are you daft, SO? Serious question. We aren't complaining about FOB duty, we're saying that the filt FOB is dogshit."

No further conversations were had between me and him to my knowledge. Not soon after we charged caves and I died to a crusher. Was dead for over 4 minutes before being defibbed.

I return to Almayer for surgery and to replenish my ammo, as I come back to the hangar to wait for the normandy the CMP walks up and says I'm under arrest for insubordination. When asked why CMP replied I was marked by an SO for insub.

I asked the SO why I was arrested and they refused to answer. After ahelping the moderator handling it told me that, apparently, in the time I was dead from a crusher I was blatantly ignoring orders, repeatedly calling the said SO a retard over comms and "endangering the operation".

In conclusion, I believe this is a case of abusing the system of marking marines for insub by the SO and making stuff up about me when in reality I was pushing daisies in that time period. Even if I was marked for insub over asking the SO if they were actually daft, which would be unreasonable, the SO would surely have hinted at this somehow or directly order me to cut it out, not wordlessly mark a marine for insub, refusing to explain why and then give some nebulous excuse when asked by a moderator. This is dickery, pure and simple and should not be tolerated.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Server logs should show the entirety of the conversation and whatever else necessary.

How you would punish the accused:
    Warning for Rule 3.
    Last edited by 50RemAndCounting; 02-26-2020 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Accidentally wrote East instead of West

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the XO for this round with Natalia Vynn as a Staff Officer in the CiC. I feel like I should post as a witness to the events, as little as my interactions in the altercation may be.

I do indeed recall the small back and forth between the two over charlie radio and from what I recall fits to the account of what 50Rem has reported already. After the remark about the location being dogshit I would have thought that it was over and dealt with as a heated PFC often gets on the front line with certain CiC Officers sometimes. I assumed it was over and done with and wasn't escalated further.

To my knowledge, I have no recollection of hearing any further disputes between the two after said exchange described above, nor was I aware of the insubordination being flagged. Shortly after, there was a tense back and forth while other squads were pushing the main hive, so my attention as XO was pushed elsewhere. Logs would show more clarity in the matter, though.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I feel if I had known of an insubordination being issued at the time, I would have stepped in as XO and clarified the issue to a greater extent and calmed things down over such a trivial matter.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will pull logs later.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to clarify since you can't edit posts in this subforum, Alexander Hawthorne was the reported player as SO, not PFC Natalia Vynn.

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CMP here.

Was walking around hangar looking for bodies to drag to the morgue (slow round) and spotted the PFC. She was marked for arrest, notes were insub and no details. Since I was the only MP around at the time, and I didn't do it, it really could've been only the SO/XO/CO.

PFC requested reasoning from the SO over charlie coms (which I listened in on). SO just stated that she was marked for Insub because of... insubordination. After that the SO ignored all further coms from the PFC and went back to normal SO business. So I set Vynn to the 5 minute timer and that was it.
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

Interaction:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Arrest:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Investigation:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was handled by a member of staff. I'll be looking into the actual circumstances of the incident, but the report itself is redundant and will be closed.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.