User Tag List

Thread: buff the apc or something

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

buff the apc or something

apc is a metal box with some wheels. its incredibly useless because its situational. buff it or something
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    METAL BAWKES. YES WE SHALL TAKE THEIR METAL BAWKES.

Eh, don't play the APC like a tank lmfao. It's a troop transport not a front line vehicle. Tankers play the APC like a faster tank and get punished rightfully.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To call the APC an armoured box is an insult to armoured boxes. A sub-bar battle taxi, a superfluous field hospital, and a useless command vic

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    buff its support functionality, keep its combat ability at useless levels. Fucking having another tank that wins or loses the entire round that shits dumb. It should be pure support nothing else. Remove the tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just think it's silly that it has as many seats as the Bradley combat vehicle despite being called an APC.

(Note: The Bradley may have been an "APC" but it also has TOW missiles and a giant gun, the only difference between it and a proper tank is that to make up for the extra seats it has no armour.)

That said, I get it may feel weird to have its inside be larger than its outside. Although, honestly, I wouldn't care about that one bit.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, APC needs to transport more than 4 marines safely, but there isn't just enough space to fit that much. Also, some marines are just filthy hitchhikers and they sit in APC all day. APC should have two compartments, one for TC where you have to be buckled to be safe and other for PFC's that can't freely go into another part of APC. PFC compartment could be "flushed down" via Driver TC button, if he so desires.

Also: Despite all of those suggestions, you either make APC just like tank, or you have to remove tank and nerf benos/buff PFC's accordingly.
    There isn't a field where APC>Tank, or even APC = Tank. But each round benos are as strong as it would be Tank round.
    This is why if APC is to be viable, Tank must be removed, because benos are balanced around PFC's and Tank, when they get PFC's and APC, marines are at severe disadventage.

REMOVE THE TANK. REMOVE THE TANK. ADD COMBAT LOADERS. ADD TRANSPORT TRUCKS. ADD COMBAT LOADERS. ADD TRANSPORT TRUCKS. REMOVE TANK. REMOVE TANK.

Seriously, compare what Tank can do and what APC can do. Everything APC does, Tank + Few PFC's does better.
    Remove the tank, add Combat Loaders and Trucks (that PFC's can drive when taking mini-driver), then balance the game.
    I hope that this will be true in the future. In the past, you said to APC "No, no, no", then you changed your mind, now time to do that again with other vehicles.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the APC takes forever to get in and out of

it blocks marine sightlines

and its guns are only half of what a tank is

its entire purpose and existence is negated by all these negatives

either buff the APC's functionality (instant enter and exit for marines, timed entrance for xenos explained away by toggleable bulkheads that only open for marines due to their biosignal), allow more people to enter it, and make it fit 2 tiles so it can enter caves or shelf the APC project cause it doesn't work as intended

its supposed to let you enter and exit hazardous zones quickly and effeciently without overtly risking marine lives but so far it actually fucks over marines more than it helps them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the APC and it's variants need some tweaks, but I like the idea of it occupying a support role. I think that the VCs should be able to choose between the tank and the APC, but the tank is locked below some server pop threshold.

If two skilled VC roll in lowpop and get the tank they'll probably trivialize the operation. Two skilled VCs rolling an APC in lowpop should be able to pull their weight and support the team without too drastically swaying the balance of the round. The way the APC exists for lowpop to support the ungas while they play, or for specific strategies during highpop (or for VCs who want "hard mode" during highpop).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of APC being available during low pop. I think it would work out great.