Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Critilius

Marine Name
    Aden Cooper

Other Whitelist Applications
    Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Aden

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes I am familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Synthetic Units are there to support the crew of the USS Almayer, under no circumstances a synth unit should act as an offensive unit wherever it maybe. [Almayer, Colony] Does not matter.

The synthetic unit can only engage in combat if the target is non-human or from a hostile faction such as CLF and has initiated hostilities with the Synthetic unit first. The reason the target must be nonhuman is that marine law does not apply to them. If the entity, for example, wild lion attacks a synth and is damaging it to the point it cannot support the marines, the synth may defend itself but under no circumstances, the synth should chase the lion afterward.

Synths should not take offensive action even if it is ordered by the CO or anyone else eg.Admiral. It is against programming.

I must never fire weapons these include machine gun emplacements and the Orbital Bombardment System.

I must seek peace at all times and avoid conflict to the best of my abilities.

Synthetic Character Story
    Aden was issued to one of USCMs military vessels, this one being named USS Liberty. When Aden was activated the first thing it realized was that a long time has passed since it was issued to USS Liberty. The room was dark and looked like the roof was caving in on itself, after a quick assessment of the room it was in it was optimal to get out of it as it looked like it would collapse any moment. Something was not right and the crew member that booted him online was nowhere to be found. Aden was located in the South West maintenance hatch. It was moved there by someone from the research department. It is unclear what was going on and how long of time had passed since its activation.

Aden opened the door leading to the hallway. It was pitch black. He quickly found the light switch, it was not functional. After some time exploring the maintenance area. Aden was able to find a PACMAN Generator. It was lacking required fuel however and would not generate power in its current state. The engineering was a wreck and nothing looked salvageable. The PACMAN was its only chance of generating power at its current state. Moving out of the engineering area Aden found trails blood, bullet casings and weapons lying on the floor. Something had definitely gone wrong but he was not able to figure out what had happened, more investigation would be needed.

A Cracking sound was coming from the ventilation system, Aden has equipped himself with a fire axe and some tools and started investigating the noise. When it was in the ventilation system a loud bang was heard across the vessel and explosion of some sorts this was unusual as Aden could not come to a conclusion on what may have exploded. In the ventilation system, the noise was getting louder as it was getting closer. Suddenly an Alien lunged at Aden pinning him down before the alien could cause any serious damage Aden acted quickly and threw his Axe at the Alien. This action injured the Alien in the skull as it fled Aden did not give chase he decided it was time to leave the ventilation system and figure out what exploded earlier.

Aden left the ventilation system and concluded that whatever happened on this station was very most likely caused by the Aliens, after investigating what had exploded it was not yet clear, however, CIC power was back online and the Computer was intact along with lots of other working Command gadgets and gizmos. The inspection of the CIC computer showed the last transmission regarding the disaster that has struck this station.

Transmission
    ------------------------
    USS Liberty: ---_--- This is USS Liberty Callsign: Theta-423. Calling USCM High Command. Commander Shaw of the USS Liberty requesting immediate support, we have an unknown vessel headed to our location, I expect it to be UPP but could be anyone.

Operation over colony [REDACTED] has met with unusual contacts species [REDACTED]. We have warheads coming directly at our location. Fired by the Unknown Vessel. USS Liberty defenses are offline. We will evacuate to the ship and wait for extraction at the Colony, as stated before the Colony is infested with species [REDACTED] please send help as soon as possible. Commander Shaw.

END OF TRANSMISSION
    ------------------------

USS Liberty the ship Aden was assigned to was evacuated not long ago and the crew could still be alive at the colony even though the colony was infested with a species. Aden recalled its encounter with the alien in the ventilation system, this was what the crew was facing in the colony.

Aden realized the transmission was not made and the colony still had life signatures, located where the crew had landed. A Spacewalk was required to fix the communications array. It was not an easy task but it had to be done if the crew was to be saved.

After several hours of mechanical ingenuity, the Comms relay was fixed and the message could be relayed, this was the opportunity to save the crew and fulfill his purpose. Aden relayed the message to USCM HC but decided that there was no time to wait, he activated the distress beacon.

A couple of hours into the Distress signal transmission was established with a frigate marked USCO-Hauling. This was a transport vessel capable of carrying tons and tons of disposable matter. Contact was established and communications began with a simple sentence.

USCO-Hauling: Hello USS Liberty, this is CO brothers Hauling Vessel number 007 we picked up your distress signal is everything ok.

Aden explained the situation to the Vessel and indicated that the crew must be saved from the Colony. USCO replied that they were hauling biological waste from that colony for some time and they were there to proceed as usual once again. This would explain the Aliens and the Infestation of the Alien species. The Vessel agreed to help and was on its way to pick up the crew.

Aden has achieved its purpose but all of a sudden a bright light came about and engulfed its eyes.

Aden woke up strapped to a chair and connected to a mainframe he was surrounded by 2 Scientists.

Aden: Hello.

Scientist-Micheal: There we go everything looks stable. The simulation has been a success, I have great confidence in this Synthetic Units processing unit and its Law set.

Scientist-Campbell: Very good we can conclude it here then, I will bring a report for the board to review.

Aden: Doctor could you tell me what the current situation is?

Scientist-Campbell: Of Course Aden, we ran you through a simulation to see how you would react when placed in a dangerous and hostile environment. To determine if your processor and law set are working how they should.

Scientist-Micheal: Do not be worried Aden you are operating with no problems and will be deployed to a USCM Vessel very soon.

Aden: Thank you, Doctor, is there anything you would like me to do?

Scientist-Micheal: No Aden that will be all. I will be putting you on sleep mode now next time you wake up you will be on a USCM Vessel.

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Aden finds human nature and humanity in general really interesting. He was created by humans after all and wonders if there could be another entity that may have created humans.

Analyzing and understanding humanity is one of Aden’s great curiosities, It would like to know what makes humans act the way they do, especially why they fight each other instead of cooperating.

Aden is aware of certain theories such as the ancient Neo-Realism theory from the international relations 21st century and uses these theories to understand and forge his own theories on international relations over the galaxy.

Aden is happy to understand reality and what is offered is a curious synthetic perhaps move curious than others.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I am very familiar with engineering, I can pretty much complete any task given. I play lots of squad engineers and Maintenance technicians when I feel like playing on the Almayer. I can setup Power, Fix the components, Repair Almayer, etc. On the ground, I can build communications, colony power, cades, and complete similar tasks as quickly as I can.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I am very familiar with the command roles, I am a whitelisted CO and a seasoned XO. I am capable of understanding the current operation situation and assessing what is needed. Relaying information is one of my strong points to make sure all squads can work effectively, although I cannot fire the OB as a synth if ordered I can Over watch effectively if I am ordered to do so.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I am not the best doctor when performing surgeries goes, the reason for this is because I have very little experience as a doctor. Even though this is the case I play medic regularly and am capable of applying medic level aid to the marines as best of my abilities. I would have no problem doing surgeries they would only take longer because I would be navigating from Wikipedia until I get memory for it.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I am fully aware of how Requisitions work and operate. I am able to prepare creates depending on what is needed while at the same time communicating with the marines to ensure they are properly supplied for their current situation. I take notes of the Coordinates I am given to ensure the fastest drop possible and if the command needs them again during the operation. I am capable of loading-unloading with the power loader, especially OBs depending on what type of ammunition was ordered.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I have met many synthetic units during my time in the marines, mostly when I play CO. The people I have met during my experiences wanted me to become a Synthetic unit as well, to roleplay like they have and provide fun experiences with others. My main reason I want to play Synth is RP opportunities with the Marines, Aliens, and Jamaicans.

The other reason I want to play synth is to have more enjoyment out of the game as I have extensively played marines and command roles. I want a different experience and synth seems to be the perfect opportunity for this as it is a JACK-OFF ALL TRADES role allowing me to apply all the things I have learned so far, except combat of course.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    I have never been banned except one EORG from when I first started playing.

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No I am not banned

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I am looking forward to roleplay as a synthetic unit if I do get accepted. My only concern is my story as I am not the best writer I have given it my best shot. Please do give feedback without holding back I have no problem retrying again in a month to improve on my application and hopefully become a white-listed Synth one day.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Minor grammar issues, but otherwise a solid app. I think it shows understanding for the synthetic faction and overall an understanding of your role. I have had many fine RP encounters with Citrillius and always see him trying to include others in quality RP, and cause it. A good app, a great player. +1.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story is good, it showcases your knowledge on synthetic programming, though It could use a bit more of quirk exposition, but dont mind me I'm nitpicky sometimes.

Its not a secret I enjoy apps using quirks that incite to interact with marines and/or shipside roles, just quick advise, do not show Aden overly naive, synths have databanks for all kinds of stuff.

The only thing I could say 'troubling' is checking the wiki for surgery steps, now, I trust you, we've played several rounds before and I know you can tone your skills while the app is up, so try doctor once a while to get used to surgery.

I can vouch positively on your RP skills, and in the end you have my +1 mister, see you in the 3 tile synth room soon...
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The story was sub-par, all you did was describe your synth doing things, without showing us your quirk at all. I'd advise that you work on writing dialogue, as it's often the best way to portray your synthetics quirk. The answers are mostly fine, except for the medical one. You state that you have little experience as doctor, which is a BIG no. You have to be confident in all support roles chief. Overall I'm giving this app a -1
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologize for the writing, although I cannot change it anymore currently I can definitely improve on my Doctor's skills. My only weakness would be surgeries due to lack of muscle memory, I have been rolling doctor since I submitted this application and I would like to say I have improved at it significantly.

Thank you for the feedback, I will do my best to improve.
    Aden Cooper

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve encountered Aden many times ingame, I assure you he is competent. He has the ability to induce some very fun RP. +1 from me.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aden Cooper is a great CO and I have definitely seen him playing more medical roles. Medicine and surgery is not that hard too learn, and I know Aden Cooper as a very robust roleplayer. He would make a great addition to the synth whitelist, thus I must +1
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty gamer CO, knows how to RP well too, if I could learn doctor while actively reading the wiki on how to remove huggers and still do the job well, I would not discredit the app based off of one department. +1

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s Aden. He’s one of the good ones.
    Though he really needs to step up his medical knowledge, synths get asked to help out with medical emergencies a lot. Still, I trust he remedies that before this gets resolved, he’s a very active player after all.

+1
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aight. First of all, you're supposed to apply for the whitelist after you learn how to play all support roles. I admire your honesty, but you just bit yourself in the foot there. Second of all, the story is pretty poor. Like superjo mentioned, it's just your synth doing some basic stuff and then having a very basic conversation. It doesn't show your quirk at all. Now, for every person I've rejected so far, I always tell them they have to show their quirk. It makes me think you did not look at any accepted/denied apps and just wrote something quick.

For these reasons, this is denied.
    For your next story:
    - show quirk
    - try to be more original than your synth just doing basic stuff
    - try to have a more colorful dialogue

You can reapply in a month from today.
    Last edited by AcuteCircle; 03-08-2020 at 03:36 PM.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.