Byond ID?
    Dusanking123

CM Character?
    Connor Anderson

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT +1

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I was staff in Gmod, CS 1.6 and more that I cannot remember.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Nope

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    //showthrea...ja-Application - Predator application - Denied

https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?t=18593 - Old CO Application - Withdrawn/Denied

//showthrea...or-Application - Moderator Application - Withdrawn/Denied

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Nope

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would investigate if it was an accident or intentional, if intentional I would PM them and warn them for Improper Escalation then note them about it or ban them if they have a history of this. If accidental I would leave it as an IC issue.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would inform him to make a player report as staff is not allowed to issue Whitelist punishments.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would PM them asking if they need help, after that I would link them the quickstart marine guide and tell them to ask me if he has any questions by clicking on my name.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Players can't choose who handles their ahelp, I would inform them to calm down and tell them that they have to deal with me. If it's really excessive I would mention their behavior in ahelps in their notes, assuming I PMed them at first for a rulebreak.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would inform the player named John Doe that this is against our naming rule, then I would tell him to not do it again and ask him what name he would want. Then I would change his name for him.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    IC Issue.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Hostile survivors are not allowed for the time being, I would heavily warn them about this or issue a survivor jobban if they did this before.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I'm not that confident in current Marine Law anymore. Trespassing + Theft maximum is 60 which means they can end up in perma. I would ask another staff member for advice with how to deal with the situation.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would use Queen Mother to tell the aliens to attack the ship, alternatively I could SM the aCO to deploy the marines, but this would make the round much longer as it would take them some time to find the aliens that are hiding.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I ahelp as I am not allowed to use my staff powers in situations I am involved in.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    This is fine, Marines and CLF are hostile to each other by default unless there is some kind of event going on. IC issue.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would message that marine and warn them about roundstart shenanigans.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    This is Improper Escalation. I would warn the murderer about this or ban them if they have a history of doing this. Then I would aheal the dead marine.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would MOOC telling them the mutiny was not authorized, if they ignore it I would asleep them and ask for help from another staff member, depending on their numbers. Then they would likely get bans for disobeying a big green message telling them to stop.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I would inform them that minor racist comments are fine, I would then keep an eye out and maybe LOOC to tone it down a bit based on how much they do it.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    This is clear griefing, I would issue them a 7 Day ban and file for perma on forums. I would also aheal anyone hurt by this player in that situation.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would PM them and ask them why they were frontlining as larva, after that I would warn them/jobban them based on if they have a history of this or not.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I would warn them about LRP behavior as a xeno, escalating the punishment based on LRP related notes.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    This is fine. Hivemind is a translation of xenomorph's thoughts and is an IC issue.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    The Expected Contact RP means aliens MAY be on the ground, but marines don't know this for sure. I would likely leave the command player with a minor warning.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    This is the only situation in which escalation doesn't have to be followed, but as far as I know you still have to ask them for the spot before just outright shooting. IC Issue.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would tell them to tone it down, I would mention in notes of their behavior but not ban them for it. I don't have issues with such stuff.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would mark it as an IC issue. It's their fault for falling SSD in a warzone.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would point out the mistake in msay, if they correct it good. Mistakes happen. If they are confident they are right I would consult a higher up on if they are right or not.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Consult a higher up about this. They will take care of it.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I enjoy moderating and I want to help the server in such a way. I have become bored of playing so I really just want to observe and deal with issues the players have.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Being able to keep it cool. If you aren't shaken by stressful situations you are very likely to do a good job.

Anything else you
    Nothing else to add.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last time ya applied I gave a -1 due ya recent note history looking at it now ya been note free for a whole month and this month too so I'm 100% on board with allowing ya a trial man +1 good luck

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Cheeks View Post
    The last time ya applied I gave a -1 due ya recent note history looking at it now ya been note free for a whole month and this month too so I'm 100% on board with allowing ya a trial man +1 good luck
    Thanks for the support!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Active on forums and discord, you didnt actually went for the easy way and copy and paste answers from your past app meaning you're really into becoming a mod.

I know you are a chill lad, and I have a degree of respect for you.

You have my support, good luck on the app +1
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Me_Bigsnail View Post
    Active on forums and discord, you didnt actually went for the easy way and copy and paste answers from your past app meaning you're really into becoming a mod.

I know you are a chill lad, and I have a degree of respect for you.

You have my support, good luck on the app +1
    Thank you, I appreciate all support.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a significant improvement shown in behavior since your last application, and you've gotten plenty of game time in since then without notes, so I think it'd be worth a shot at least.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaperx15 View Post
    There is a significant improvement shown in behavior since your last application, and you've gotten plenty of game time in since then without notes, so I think it'd be worth a shot at least.
    Thank you!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have already commented my thoughts on your last application. I will be reflecting those comments and commend you for your persistence and determination as well.

+1
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novacti View Post
    I have already commented my thoughts on your last application. I will be reflecting those comments and commend you for your persistence and determination as well.

+1
    I appreciate the support, I'd like to mention I will stop responding to anyone without a question anymore to not spam the thread.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've improved your answers, which were fine from your previous app, and your behavior. I don't have anything to add that I hadn't said on your previous app and I see no reason why this app wouldn't be accepted.
    +1
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!