User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: topeydopey - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

topeydopey - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Topeydopey
    Character Name?
    Thomas �Mascot� Ian
    Type of Ban?
    Permanent Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Hecc if i know
    Total Ban Duration
    Perma
    Remaining Duration
    Perma
    What other servers do you play on?
    Cm,tg bagil
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Vore
    Reason for Ban
    Threaten a staff
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    This is a huge misunderstanding, at first i was messaging Br on discord and ask him to check forum for me as my phone cannot access the forum for some reason and he said he cannot. After that i sent him a joke picture about a doctor using a circuly saw on groin to treat appendix but since groin dont have bones so groin will fly off in result and br thought i was sending him that as a �death message � and reported me. Soon later i found out that br also forgot me and thought i was a stranger. Again... this is a huge misunderstanding and i hope staff forgives me

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Also, this is a huge -1 from me.
    Last edited by Grimreaperx15; 01-14-2019 at 03:41 AM.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why, it was meant to be a joke that got miss understanding

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the staff who banned you

@5:58 PM 1/13/2019 on discord I was asked to investigate this by Blade. Blade said it looked and seemed like topey was making a threat towards them on discord.

I looked into and then discussed situation with my staff manager and they suggested a perma. In the middle of working on the ban I talked with and Topey messaged me claimed it was all just a joke despite not knowing the staff member.

While I concede it is possible that it was all just a misunderstanding, it also equally likely that he is just claiming it is a joke after he got caught.

Its not pleasant making this ban and I wish I didn't have to do it. However, even in the best situation a threat even in jest is taken seriously and I have to look into this sticky situation. Some of it is based on perspective. The situation was serious enough for blade to ask for my help, and I took it to my manager before doing this.

One thing you did omit is you said "this is you" after sending the aforementioned picture.
    Last edited by starmute; 01-15-2019 at 12:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, why would i threat a mod that nerver did anything to me? Secondly, it�s a SS13 joke i found on reddit and give it to blade. Link to joke: https://www.reddit.com/r/SS13/commen...13&sh=526aa046
    And blade took it wayy to far. beside, what kind of person thats planning to threat someone uses his identity to do it? Just make no sense
    Last edited by topeydopey; 01-14-2019 at 08:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so, I will chime in to give my context.

Topey, aside from a few discord messages exchanged between us and a few memes on general, I barely knew you directly. So when you finished with that joke at the end, I found it really dumb and rude. So I told someone to handle it.

I will not say I would have permaed you over it, but I also am not gonna say that I am your close friend or something. Again, I barely know you.

If any manager wants me to say something regarding punishment for this, I will chime in. But for now, this is up to star and the managers.

And to be clear before people get scared of this: I don't mind memes and jokes, you can do it. What I do mind is when we are in a serious convo and you drop something dumb like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry blade about the joke screeny, i just sometimes make a fool of myself and I�ll try not to do stupid shits like that again in a conversation

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My personal opinion

Leave it at a 7 day ban and chalk it up to don't joke with people like that who aren't your friends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for lifting, if even the fella who you acted against says it shouldn't have been a perma.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lad, you need to learn to filter out these types of comments. This is the internet sure, but there's lines you don't cross.

I'll +1 this as long as you give your head a shake.