Byond ID?
    Akabinxstar

CM Character?
    Aiko “stutters” amano

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    EST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    No

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Baystation on occasion

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Yes

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes I am

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would jump to the player to investigate the situation. I would ahelp the player asking for their reason in shooting a fellow player. If there is proper escalation, I would probably slap’em with roundstart shenanigans Depending on the effect it has on deployment time and the overall flow of the round. If the shooting was blatant grief, I would determine the severity of a ban on their note history.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I don’t believe that I have any jurisdiction over what happens with whitelisted roles, So I would refer the player to the report section of the forums.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would have a moderator handle the sitatuon, if none are around, Depending on whether or not I am busy, I would go ahead and help him out.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Depending on the nature of the ahelp, I might escalate a warning to ban, or increase the time of the ban that was going to be placed. If it is just toxicity for the sake of being toxic, I myself would warn him to stop, and let him know that I can handle whatever he needs the admin for.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would ahelp the player to let them know the naming rules. If this is a reoccurring issue with the player, a ban will be placed, if not, I would give the player the opportunity to change their name.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    This seems like an IC issue. As long as he doesn’t go around shooting people up, I don’t think there is an OOC problem here.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Well, Since it is currently against the rules, I would let the player in question know their actions were incorrect. If this wasn’t the first time, I would apply a job ban along with a rather minor ban depending on the severity of his griefing. The player who ahelped would be healed.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    If the length of the punishment exceeds an hour, I would rule it an IC issue, however, if there is an appeal written ICly, I would look the issue over in an IC fashion and determine whether or not the punishment was unnecessary. If the time does not exceed 60 minutes, I will inform the MP who committed the arrest to follow proper procedures and to move the prisoner to a different cell for the proper punishment time.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would say my choice would depend on the caste of xeno that remains. If they have access to a queen, either by previously existing, or by drone, I will encourage them to try and take the dropship. If there are no caste that can take up the mantle of queen, I am not really sure how to get the xenos to actually get to the ship to even engage the xenos.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would investigate the situation by ahelping and asking if the behavior was intentional. I would wait for honesty before checking the players notes. If they have a history of subtle grief, a jobban would be placed, as well as a minor ban depending on how many times this has happened. If this was an accident, I would try and get them some assistance from a mentor.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    This is an IC issue and EORG only applies to the same side.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    This is roundstart shenanigans, and the severity of the punishment is solely dependent on note history.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    This would be handled OOCLY, because being punched does not escalate into being shot, unless said punching victim is being punched nearly to death. I would place a note or ban depending on history, the ahelp player would be healed.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would do an MOOC letting them know that a mutiny has not been authorized. I would let them disperse while also letting them know that any hostile action will be met with punishment.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    While IC racism is allowed, I feel that the line should be drawn whenever a player is made uncomfortable by these actions, So I would tell the players in question to cool it down a bit.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Perma ban.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    This is rather obvious larva suicide, and will be met with a xeno job ban.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I would give the player a warning to cease this behavior, depending on their history, I may or may not place a job ban.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    This is not an issue at all, and I would let the player know that it isn’t.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    There are a few things that my give information to an officer, such as a fax from survivors, or maybe radio signals planetside. With the recent changes to RP like expected contact, I might choose to be more lenient with the command player. I would let him know that while marines know of xenomorphs, they don’t know for certain that the threat itself is xenomorphs, and I would let the player go about their day.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I think that depending on how the situation is role played, and depending on if the other player went along with it, I might just leave it as an IC issue. If the killed player didn’t want to engage with this and was killed in a cold blooded nature, I would place a ban on the player in question for grief, severity being based on note history.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would give the player a warning to cool himself down, if the behavior continues, I would have to increase his warning to a ban.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    That’s an IC issue and I don’t think that a proper written response would be required.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I’m not exactly sure, I might try to correct them in Msay, But wouldnt do something drastic like forcefully take over the ahelp.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I don’t really think that it’s my business, I might say my piece and leave it at that, however, I might encourage a staff report depending on what is done.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    Because I want to give back to the community.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Patience.

Anything else you
    As a narcoleptic, I might sometimes fall asleep while moderating.
    Last edited by Akabinxstar; 02-28-2020 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Possible error

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a few issues with the questions, but none that I personally believe are disqualifying. I believe Akabinxstar has improved massively and would be a good addition to the Moderation Team, but I am formally excusing myself from any vote to avoid concerns of bias.

The answer to the question about another medic overdosing your patient is that you NEVER handle a situation related to you. You get another Moderator who was not involved to investigate and resolve it, no different than if you were a player.

The situation with the xeno larva running to the front lines and dying should be investigated and questioned, no matter how clear cut it may be, although a jobban would be appropriate.

The one involving a player insulting you might be best relayed to another member of staff, but is not required to be done.

The answer to both the questions about fellow staff members is that you go to their Manager and let them know the issue, and provide any relevant information the Manager may need.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grim has already gone over the answers pretty much so no need cover that. Like Grim touched upon ya have improved alot from where ya were in the past we have quite a few mods that have done the exact same as ya have and looking at ya playtime just for this month alone shows ya have a real dedication to CM so to echo Grim even though he didn't vote +1

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe you have made great strides to improve. I also believe you still have room for improvement. I am happy to support this, on the condition that you understand if you're still toxic on the staff team you can expect not to remain for very long.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    I believe you have made great strides to improve. I also believe you still have room for improvement. I am happy to support this, on the condition that you understand if you're still toxic on the staff team you can expect not to remain for very long.
    Yeah I understand that fully

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't recall ever interacting with ya before outside of the game but from what I've heard you've made a lot of improvements since being unbanned and such.

I got no problems with you joining staff so I'll support it. +1

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding on to what Forest say, the same goes, even doubly so, for following our Discord rules as staff, but I believe you fully understand that as well.
    Now, to go over your answers:
    Quote Originally Posted by Akabinxstar View Post
    You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    You can (and should) help them yourself, too. If you're not observing or don't really have a time for a one-on-one LOOC session you can still at least LOOC them about the mentorhelp system.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Straight up nope. The first thing you gotta be doing is check what charges were applied to the said marine and by whom, then talk to the MP that brigged them. Make sure to always check the marine law wiki page on the brig timers for specific law breaches. For this specific case, while maximum punishments for both trespassing and theft combined equal 1 hour, it still does not exceed 1 hours, and unless the said marine had done that exact same thing repeatedly throughout the round, they shouldn't be getting a punishment that harsh. In other words, applying maximum possible punishment on first offence - for, mind you, minor crimes at that - is unreasonable to the absolute extreme and is something we have a low tolerance for per our rules 3 and 15.

What you need to do in this situation is figure out what did the marine in question commit and what is he all wanted and charged for through the combination of talking with both parties and confirming their stories via log diving. If the marine did a crime/crimes which in their totality warrant perma as punishment then you need to explain to the marine that they did this and that and that's the reason they are permaed, not because they stole an attachment from req. Otherwise if all they did was that and MP stuffed them into perma for it then you need to talk to the MP and determine punishment based on them breaking arrest and brig procedure and/or being a dick - rules 15 and 3 respectively.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    You gotta nudge the remaining aliens regardless, the composition of the remaining hive is of no concern. Playing an hours long slog that leads to nowhere is fun for no-one and we're here to prevent those kinds of rounds from happening. You can also Subtle Message the acting CO of the marines to have him motivate his men to go and clear the stragglers out.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    You do not, I repeat, you absolutely do NOT touch anything regarding that case and do not involve yourself in the investigation. You simply ahelp and let another staff member who marks your ahelp investigate this in peace. Involving yourself in an ahelp investigation of a case involving you, or God forbid you directly bwoinking them yourself, is a good way to get staff reported into oblivion.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Roundstart shenanigans means the punishment should be harsher than average by default, otherwise your answer here is good.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Permabans on first offences are something we don't normally do, just apply a 7 day ban and move on. Permabans are very serious buisness so if you were to file a perma for this it might end up being rejected.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Jobban for LRP is way too excessive on it's own. Procedure is to warn and ban only if it's a repeated offence. Enforcing roleplay standards is iffy enough as is right now so I'd suggest leniency here. We have no intentions of letting the server turn into a complete NRP joke but neither are we gonna crack the whip out for someone spouting memes.

There's a few more relatively minor errors in some of your other answers, but overall that's the jist of it.

While I wasn't around to see how you really acted like in the past, I do indeed see you've been acting really good recently as explained in more detail in other people's replies. I wouldn't mind letting you have a shot at a trial based on that alone, but all of us got to have a very, very solid grasp on the rules. And I'm sorry to say but some of your answers just break the deal for me.

My personal suggestion would be to reconsider your application for now, get yourself more acquainted with the marine law and of course stay out of trouble for the duration of all of that. If you'd do all of that then reapply in a month or so I'd be happy to vouch for your app then.

For this one though, it's gonna be a -1 from me.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh Bobat proved someone can turn themselves around, along with edgardo. I think you should be a mentor first and then try again.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Eh Bobat proved someone can turn themselves around, along with edgardo. I think you should be a mentor first and then try again.
    How would a position that only serves to teach players make me a better moderator? Sorry if this sounds snarky.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akabinxstar View Post
    How would a position that only serves to teach players make me a better moderator? Sorry if this sounds snarky.
    Mostly shows us you can deal with other players, you don't have the best track history with interacting on dchat sometimes. My main concern is someone you deal with tells you to fuck off and you would go unhinged.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids