Mafio - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Mafio

Marine Name
    Jonathan Wolfe

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Mar'cte

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    Earlier this month (February) I was banned for three hours for a minor griefing incident while playing as the CL. In an attempt to spice up the round, I was foolish and didn't realize what I was doing was harming the state of the round. I will make sure this won't happen again.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes, I have read through it several times and have an overall good grasp of what I'd need to know for it.

Yautja Character Story
    "Arise, my hunter... come to me..." Whispered a vaguely feminine voice from the murky darkness that Mar'cte found himself staring into, "Answer me, my hunter, answer me!" The voice became a roar as whomever, or whatever it was who called out to the yautja grew ever more irritated.

"Of whom do I speak to?" Answered Mar'cte, although despite having answered the calling of the entity, the growing tension within the inky blackness refused to cease.

"Your monarch. Now awaken and come to me my noble hunter, NOW!" By the time the being had finished delivering their command, Mar'cte's consciousness began to fail as the world shook around him, and he reached out in a futile attempt to escape from the confines of his dark prison. Suddenly, his outstretched arm was enveloped by shadows, and his consciousness gave in to the darkness.

--------------------------------------------

Mar'ctelet out a roar as he rose from slumber inside a cryosleep casket. His head throbbed, and thick beads of sweat ran down to his mandibles. Around him, subtle creaking from the infrastructure of the derelict ship echoed into Mar'cte's ears, and the popping sound of his bones being outstretched seemed to blend in with the noise as Mar'cte lifted himself out of the casket. "I suppose it's time." Muttered the hunter to himself, after which he yawned and performed various stretches to loosen his muscles.

Mar'cte trudged down the cold halls of his ship, with the lights running along the sides of the hall flickering on upon detecting the movement of the yautja. He made his way towards the mess hall, and upon entering opened up a freezer unit, and withdrew some pre-prepared stew that he had concocted in preparation for going into cryosleep. Swiftly, he enjoyed a bowl of the broth and again set out to another location aboard the ship, the armory. Upon arrival, Mar'cte assessed the equipment adorned by the various racks and stands inhabiting the room, and at the same time pondered the voice that haunted his dreams prior to his awakening. With these disturbing thoughts tucked into the recesses of his mind, Mar'cte quickly strapped on a pair of greaves, pauldrons, and a mask over his stealth netting. As for his choice in weaponry, a plasma caster, hunting spear, and of course a gauntlet were added to his person.

Now, fully equipped and fed, Mar'cte made his way upon a path to the bridge. As he entered, Mar'cte was met with the sight of a vibrant planet as he accessed the ship's outer-cameras, consisting of lush, green islands and a vast ocean. Glad to see that the onboard AI had been successful in discovering a worthy planet to hunt upon, Mar'cte then gave it the order to keep the ship maintained and stealthed while within orbit of the planet. At last, the time had come for the hunt to begin, and Mar'cte wasted no time to take confident strides towards the warping mechanism on the far-side of the bridge, and step inside.

As the Yautja manifested on the surface of the planet, he began to look around and obtain an understanding of his surroundings. Upon inspection, he was greeted with a humid jungle that hummed with activity, and was populated with chaotic vegetation that strangled the very land it was rooted upon. Determined to not waste any time, Mar'cte activated the cloaking device upon his wrist and sprinted through the jungle, cutting aside any creepers that grew in his way with the use of the wrist blade affixed to his gauntlet.

Along his search, Mar'cte could sense a presence in his mind that carried with it a vague sense of familiarity, as if it had been there before. Despite this, Mar'cte continued to maintain focus on his objective, remembering the phrase of, "Honor, strength, and Courage," that was so commonly repeated within Mar'cte's tribe during his youth as an unblooded. So, with this message in mind, the hunt continued.

After many days of searching, Mar'cte awoke one morning to the sound of an explosive being fired off, and judging by the sound Mar'cte determined its origin to be about 13 kilometers away from his current position. With the promise of a hunt in the air, Mar'cte made his way to the site of the explosion.

As he crested the top of a hill, Mar'cte looked out to see about 40-50 soldiers gathered around the entrance to a cave system. Following a path along the treeline, Mar'cte made his way down to the scene, and with the use of his cloaking device and the vegetation encompassing him on all sides, Mar'cte was virtually unrecognizable. Continuing to utilize the jungle as a veil, Mar'cte finally drew near to the caves, and could now make out an insignia drawn upon the armaments of the soldiers, which defined them as part of the "USCM." An interesting discovery this was to Mar'cte, as whatever it was that the Oomans were locked in combat with must have been of a great threat to them.

Ignoring the soldiers, Mar'cte slid past the barricades that had been assembled on the forefront of the cave, and began his investigation. Meanwhile, the psychic presence within Mar'cte's mind was subtly emboldened, and began to grow heavy on his consciousness.

Drawing himself deeper through the endless tunnels of the cave system, Mar'cte discovered several corpses of soldiers along the way, bloodied and unrecognizable from countless scratch marks. Again, more evidence of a worthy foe awaiting the hunter within the caves, and soon Mar'cte quickened his pace, growing more anxious in anticipation of a fight. Subconsciously using the growing psychic presence within his mind to guide him to his unknown prey, Mar'cte's thirst for blood unceasingly grew.

Mar'cte soon found himself within a vast chamber, and stopped in surprise after which he found his foot placed in a dark sludge. Focusing his vision on the floor of the chamber, Mar'cte could now see that the sludge coated the entirety of the chamber, with a dark resin structure erected at the epicenter of the space.

"Xenomorphs, how could I be so foolish as to not notice?" Whispered Mar'cte to himself, a miasma of aggression now lingering in the air around him. Despite this rude-awakening, Mar'cte was still determined to reap a successful hunt from this planet. So now, brandishing his spear, Mar'cte approached the resin structure, carving an entrance inside and stepping within it's foreboding interior.

Scanning the interior, Mar'cte at last spotted his prey alongside a gathering of eggs and drones that tended to them. There, at the source of the hive, was a queen, curled into a monstrous black mass on the ground. Noticing the Yautja's presence, the queen arose, towering to such a height that made the hulking Yautja appear as an ant when compared to her. At once, the presence within Mar'cte's mind swelled to become now unnoticeable to him, and soon a voice within him drowned out all other thoughts.

"Finally, you have come to me, my good hunter." Boomed a voice Mar'cte now finally recognized to be from his dream, "Now, deliver carnage upon the insects which plague my hive, I demand it!" Realizing now the queen's intentions, Mar'cte ignored her demands, ready to engage his prey.

"Hah!" Laughed Mar'cte, the queen staring at the hunter blankly, "What a foolish bug you are, enough of this nonsense, face me!" Mar'cte then lunged at the queen, thrusting his spear towards her in an attempt to finish her off quickly. Despite the immediate threat, the queen maintained her position, a silent laugh now echoing within Mar'cte's mind. Now stopping in hesitation, Mar'cte at last could hear the scraping of claws upon resin that enveloped the hive.

Suddenly, countless xenomorphs begin to spill into the room, only recognizable in the darkness from their glittering carapaces. Finding himself subject to such heinous dishonor, Mar'cte roared with seething hatred of the queen and her hive, and began to unload on the xenomorph swarm with his plasmacaster, cutting swaths in the horde with each shot. If he was going to die, he was going to take these dishonorable bugs down with him!

Fortunately, Mar'cte would be spared from the dishonor of death as a high explosive blasted a gaping wound in the structure, revealing a company of USCM soldiers entering the chamber from one of the many tunnels leading into it. Soon after, the air was filled with the smell of acidic blood as the exposed hive was decorated by a hail of gunfire.

Having lost the chance to honorably claim the queen as a trophy, Mar'cte knew that this hunt was over, and activated his cloaking device as the xenomorph hive ignored him to face the new threat. On the way out of the caves, Mar'cte had to shove his way past multiple oomans, which resulted in confused looks from the soldiers, yet the shimmering of Mar'cte's cloak was merely attributed to hallucinations. Once outside, Mar'cte activated his beacon, glancing away from the sunlight and facing the ground in defeat and anger.

-------------------------------------------

Shimmering into existence aboard the safety of his ship, Mar'cte slammed his fist down upon the hull and bellowed out of frustration, resulting in a resonant clanging noise that echoed around the bridge. After a moment of catharsis, Mar'cte was able to regain focus through catharsis, and sat down at the navigational display hub, eager to find a chance to redeem himself. "This time, I'm going to choose where I hunt myself, damn AI..."

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Overall, I intend on Mar'cte going to be a very consistent hunter, and thus will always attempt to bring in at least one worthy kill each hunt. Although, at the same time he is perceptive and logical, and thus will only engage prey whom he deems as something or someone who he would be capable of besting. As for out of combat behavior, Mar'cte will act as a tracker, and will constantly be trying to track down any worthy xenomorphs that stray from the main fighting. Any time spent observing Mar'cte will try to keep at a minimum, in order to keep the efficiency of a hunt at its maximum. Along with this, Mar'cte will typically hold a grudge against any USCM soldier who interrupts him while in combat or on a hunt in general, yet otherwise any humans will be ignored. Overall, Mar'cte is a hunter who seeks action, and a sense of accomplishment above all else, and will stop at nothing to achieve those goals.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    An honor duel is when a hunter deems a specific prey to be worthy to fight in equal one on one combat, in which no outside interference is allowed. In addition to this, both combatants have to be in healthy condition, and must be equally equipped (in order for the fight to be fair, of course). Once the duel concludes, the victor must claim a trophy from their opponent (in the form of a limb, etc...) to signify that they are no longer worthy to be hunted/dueled (for the time being), and return their opponent to where they will be treated (if necessary).

As for a hunt, it is the means in which a hunter gains the right to call themselves such, and is the reason why one would ever go into such a profession. While an honor duel is an important part of what it means to be a hunter, it is merely part of the main whole that is a hunt. To hunt, is to scour a designated hunting ground for prey that is deemed worthy enough to be fought, and have a trophy obtained from it. Not only this, but to hunt is also a chance express how much oneself is dedicated to living as a hunter, what it means to dedicate your life to the pursuit of honor and prestige. On one last note, an honor duel is a mere action within a hunt, while a hunt is the amalgamation of all the actions, dedication, and determination that is required to be deemed worthy of the title of hunter.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    It generally just depends on what is going on (if equipment needs to be recovered, there's an abomination on the loose, etc...). Typically, I'll plan on minding my own business, but I'd gladly interact with other predators if needed or just for the fun of it.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    Really, I'm simply just interested in trying out predator. I wanted to try out something outside of the realm of the regular roles you can unlock just by playtime, and being whitelisted was kind of just the next step up/thing to accomplish. Also, out of the other whitelisted roles, predator seemed the most interesting, as in essence it's an entirely new side to be on. Otherwise, while I'm pretty green when it comes to the lore, I tried my best to piece together a character that could make sense as a character in Colonial Marines. Hope that this application satisfies requirements!

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Having discord access is a requirement because of important annoucements relating to predator codes/guidelines. Are you currently banned from the CM Discord?
    No
    Last edited by Mafio; 03-04-2020 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Seemingly nobody had viewed my application yet, and I wasn't satisfied with the original character and story arc I created.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, so after looking over this application, I realized that I really just wasn't satisfied with the character. So, I went ahead and crafted an entirely new character + story to go along with them that I believe is much higher quality than the one I have currently posted. With that, I was wondering if it was possible that I could quickly re-do this application(it's really just a matter of copy-pasting), as I haven't even had anyone respond to or look over my submission as of yet.
    Last edited by Mafio; 03-04-2020 at 03:00 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't edit the app more than one hour after it has been posted. However, I really like the story. It's entertaining, intriguing in its own right. I +1 it for the content, but I believe that you may have destroyed it for yourself by breaching the agreement to not edit your app.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the +1, but yeah I probably messed up my form by changing it after the one hour mark. I only did it because nobody had viewed the application at that point, and so I decided to just re-do it after deciding that the original character that I had made for it was pretty low quality. Really what I did was just copy paste an entirely new application in place of the original, which I hoped would make up for me changing it late.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Editing your application beyond the 1 hour is an automatic denial, did you consult bancrose first?
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, I forgot to, so I apologize that I foolishly went ahead and changed it. Although, if I do send in another application after a month or so, am I allowed to use the same character/story arc (with some minor improvements)? Since the character that is currently on this form isn't the original one that I posted, could it be considered an entirely new character if I were to use it for a future submission (and wouldn't be considered to be low effort)?
    Last edited by Mafio; 03-09-2020 at 06:46 PM.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello there, and thank you for being patient!

Things are going in a bit of a different direction these days in terms of applications, thus I am going to make your edit an exception, especially since you admit you wanted to submit a better story.

Overall I like it. Not to many people know that Queen's can communicate to sentient beings in their dreams and semi control them (They can make people uneasy, make you think aggressive thoughts, and sort of influence you to do believe in certain things) so kudos on knowing that. While it's a typical hunt story, it's well written. I am going to accept your application but ask that you please be more active on the forums and in the discord (If you're already not).

I have messaged Bancros and let him know of this.

Welcome to the fields, brother!

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to ignore the fact you editted this app one hour after it.

However if its done on any other app, Its going to be an instant denial.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tell someone in discord to get your disc perms for Yautja.