User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Command and survivors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Command and survivors.

Hello there. Today, I played round as a survivor in Prison Station.

I've spawned on crashed ship, made barricades, bolted doors, collected weapons and I was waiting for help and called for help on the radio.
    12:27 - marines deployed. I was calling for help, screamed in radio like "SOS, help me, crashed ship need help, they're attacking me and else"
    sosmessage.jpg
    Marine Lucas Arckley answered on my radio call and said that to command while I was fighting with spitter(yeah, I know, I could kill him and else, but I'm alone and neuro would get me, nevermind)
    After some minutes, he said:
    commandontcare.jpg
    Also, he said that they're cut off from Crashed Ship. As you know, the prison has been remade. You can go through engineering to crashed ship for less than 5 minutes.
    The way to the crashed ship:
    waytocrashedship.jpg

I know you can say something like
    "but marines need to fight with xenomorphs. it's better than saving someone. who needs survivors?"

But come on. We trust that this server MRP. Command just ignored the fact, that survivor(maybe important person) is in danger. They probably thought something like "meh, not interesting"

Command could make at least small QRF with well, at least 5 marines.

Soon, I died to the sentry turret(imma stupid). Marines went to the crashed ship only to loot it and kill the last Xenos.

This is very sad. Survivors are trying to survive, calling for help and getting nothing.

And hostile survivors still not allowed. Even when no one trying help survivors, looting colonies and dead bodies.

P.S sorry for the photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GeniyEvgeniy; 02-28-2020 at 03:50 PM. Reason: i wanna say sorry for those poor photos bruh

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeniyEvgeniy View Post
    "but marines need to fight with xenomorphs. it's better than saving someone. who needs survivors?"
    Gib rewards

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We all know this is a MRP server, but ironically no one knows who you are beforehand unless its an event, ARES wont pop up and say 'Mister Epstein is located in crashed ship and is a high value target, it is adviced to send a rescue team to his location'

Besides you are either a prisoner or a normal security officer, command wont find anything useful from you besides of small talk ending in 'go bug the CL' if you want to get rescued stick around LZ since you know IC that a distress signal was sent.
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marines back in 2016 and 2017 just used survivors to get meta permittion to blitzkrieg the hive and go for a marine win on the first hour. They're no longer useful for a meta reason, so people will always use IC excuses to ignore you because you simply can't offer them anything useful, specially with expected contact.

It's that simple, really.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly.

I'm being real here as an MP main and CO main.

I really, really, really don't want to deal with survivors.

They're like shit predators (And nobody likes preds either)

The people who played the role for RP are long gone (and even the RP was usually dull due to OOC restrictions) and its basically

> Can I survive aliens for 20 minutes alone

or

> How many xenos can I cuck before I die
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    Honestly.

I'm being real here as an MP main and CO main.

I really, really, really don't want to deal with survivors.

They're like shit predators (And nobody likes preds either)

The people who played the role for RP are long gone (and even the RP was usually dull due to OOC restrictions) and its basically

> Can I survive aliens for 20 minutes alone

or

> How many xenos can I cuck before I die
    Would allowing survivors to be hostile and/or have some sort of hidden agenda/mission like traitors from regular SS13 fix this situation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.

Hostile: The game isn't balanced at all around survivors fucking with marines, because it is insanely easy for a human to fuck up other humans. Just turn off your light.

Hidden Agenda: While fun, I doubt most marines will really care more about you than they do about the CL.

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was deployed once as an MP to “handle” non-compliant survivors. Killed 5 out of 4 survivors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As saying goes in USMC: "You don't need to rescue survivors if there's none left."

In more serious note, simple issue is that there's no real reward rescuing survivor (from my knowledge) and hence, risking marines lives. So unless you got something useful to offer or are VIP, you out of luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyX1 View Post
    there's no real reward rescuing survivor (from my knowledge)
    Scientist and CL survivors have the ability to change the clearance level for researchers, but that is little incentive unto itself.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.