User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Command and survivors.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have no time to deal with survivors as command because im busy leading the operation against xenos that are Elder T3 the moment we encounter them

plus most survivors die in the first 10 minutes to a random runner cause they suck ass at survivor so why bother

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    i have no time to deal with survivors as command because im busy leading the operation against xenos that are Elder T3 the moment we encounter them

plus most survivors die in the first 10 minutes to a random runner cause they suck ass at survivor so why bother
    yeah pretty much this, there's no reason to interact with survivors since if you don't pay enough attention to the op, you get fucked.

The only exception to this rule is the survivors on CORSAT or Prison, since on CORSAT they can work the teleporter, and on Prison they might find the lockdown keys before you do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is shit. If command and Marines are going to ignore survivors then survivors should be scrapped entirely or allowed to go hostile. Heck, it defeats the purpose of having a server encourage any RP at all as it is completely irrational.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausrine View Post
    This is shit. If command and Marines are going to ignore survivors then survivors should be scrapped entirely or allowed to go hostile. Heck, it defeats the purpose of having a server encourage any RP at all as it is completely irrational.
    we had hostile survivors, people complained and now they are gone till they are coded to be hostile with proper outfits such as a UPP spawn (see: never)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    we had hostile survivors, people complained and now they are gone till they are coded to be hostile with proper outfits such as a UPP spawn (see: never)
    Even then, what if they turn their light off? What if the marines that find them turn their light off? What if anyone has a scope? I may sound joking, but these are the things that define any Human vs Human engagement. This and the utter brutality provided by nades when thrown at humans, something we can see every single day...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyvrem View Post
    Even then, what if they turn their light off? What if the marines that find them turn their light off? What if anyone has a scope? I may sound joking, but these are the things that define any Human vs Human engagement. This and the utter brutality provided by nades when thrown at humans, something we can see every single day...
    i mean im ok with hvh in limited amounts

a small upp boarding party

a group of survivors who are actually UPP commandos

what im not ok with is full blown HvH events because the game wasn't meant for HvH

a classic example is how USELESS medics are in HvH because people shoot / PB bodies till 1000000000 damage so no point defibbing

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like survivors only really offer RP moments as it stands. However even then it tends not to well. One round recently a survivor came to the ship and tried to buy the ship. After messing around with him a bit he was executed by the CO and then I was brigged as the CMP for sedition (I was innocent, but one of my guys was new and I wanted to give him a sense of how arresting works, I still had my id and I saw it as a teachable moment).
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I don’t play survivor, just because I know for a fact that I am nowhere near robust enough to be able to survive until I can get some RP out of it. To sum up what I’m hearing argument-wise: Survivors have little to no survivability. A brutal end is a feature, not an aberration. This is unlikely to change.

From what I’m seeing, the problem to be solved is that when someone gets killed or captured before the marines even deploy, unless they want to play as a late join Xeno, they’re essentially out of the round for the vast majority of it. I can see how that would be extremely frustrating. Even bad players typically get at least 20-30 minutes of play time before getting themselves killed.

So, why not allow a survivor that’s been killed or nested rejoin after 5 minutes as a squad marine? This proposal would be ONLY for survivors, would only work one time, and would be disabled at something like the 30-45 minute mark. Usually, you should be either rescued or dead by then. This way, someone’s entire round isn’t ruined because they rolled survivor.
    Last edited by Moosetasm; 03-20-2020 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Grammar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That could be an interesting solution. The strongest counter-argument I an imagine offhand is that it removes virtually all (non-RP) reasons for survivors to try to...well, survive, which means they have no reason not to just try to suicide unga. On the other hand, that has a pretty good chance of leaving them capped, which is good for the xenos, so it might well balance itself out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaven View Post
    That could be an interesting solution. The strongest counter-argument I an imagine offhand is that it removes virtually all (non-RP) reasons for survivors to try to...well, survive, which means they have no reason not to just try to suicide unga. On the other hand, that has a pretty good chance of leaving them capped, which is good for the xenos, so it might well balance itself out.
    The other idea I had (probably bad), which would go hand in hand with my other suggestion, would be to increase the number of survivors by a lot, but reduce their access to lethals. So lots of colonists who are guaranteed to be captured or killed. But if there’s enough of them, the aliens just aren’t going to be able to capture them fast enough to get everyone. And guess what, everyone who is a colonist, gets killed, and comes back as an ungarine... won’t have to attend briefing. Sold?