CS190 - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Captainstubbs

Marine Name
    Ulric Best

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Ve'tell H'chak

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes, I've read it over several times.

Yautja Character Story
    In preparation for my first hunt I spent months meticulously crafting a full suit of armor for myself. Each piece from the breastplate to the greaves as heavy and dense as they are quiet in motion. Quiet perhaps until I start adorning them with the bones and chitin of worthy prey. Perhaps my brothers will think I'm a coward for relying on so much metal rather than the athleticism and stealth that many of them seem to prefer, I thought to myself, but the fear in the eyes of my target with be worth it when I allow them to see my hulking visage.

We spent three full cycles in stasis before entering orbit high about Gliese-667C. Strangely, I found myself praying to Nytara as we looked down upon this red globe, that this planet was crafted to be a suitable hunting ground; Rocky terrain, little to no vegetation, not much cover. I would have preferred some dense foliage but I tried to shake off my doubts, it is unbecoming of a warrior to have these thoughts, especially one with cloaking technology such as ours, and I steeled myself before facing the others.

"Prepare yourself brothers! The r'ka are below us, a more glorious hunt could not be hoped for!" Bellowed Muahro, the eldest and most respected of us. Emboldened I made my way to the ready room and fervently prayed to my patron Kehrite as I obsessed over sharpening and resharpening my already well-honed blades. Every weapon and tool oiled and clicked into place. As I prepared to teleport down to the planet, suddenly my communicator crackled to life. "Humans, dozens of them! Back off!"

I could see the explosion all the way from the ship's viewport. It appeared to have taken out a chunk of some sort of gray structure on the surface. With no more hesitation I arrived to the planet, but could find no trace of my brothers, save for the scorching crater that surely devastated them and the vile meatbags who were trying to pick through the wreckage, no doubt for some of our technology or a trophy that was surely disintegrated in the blast.

"Over there! Another one of the bastards!" Barked one of the marines. I instinctively slammed the button to activate my cloaking device and ran. "No cover." I thought to myself as I serpentine'd through some jagged outcroppings, heaving and panting as my thick armor slowed me down, projectiles banging loudly against the solid metal. Perhaps Nytara had forsaken us after all.

Nearly as fast as I had arrived, I was already retreating back to our ship. No one was responding, they were all gone. How could this have happened? They were true warriors, righteous to the end.

Taking off my armor mournfully, I let it's considerable weight fall onto the deck with a heavy clank. Upon inspection there was barely a scratch on any piece, nothing that couldn't be quickly buffed out anyway. Nytara damned us with this abominable planet, but Kehrite had surely blessed me with the skill and determination to create protection that even Kor'Ma would be pleased to wear into battle!

I only hope that when my final hour comes, that I can live up to the example of my brothers, and that by the grace of Kehrite my bracer will deliver me honorably, to my final rest.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    From a roleplay perspective as hinted at in my backstory, I hunt because I want to create the perfect armor by adding choice pieces of my trophies from worthy prey.

From a gameplay perspective once I become comfortable with the role I want to act as a balancing force. For example when one side is completely dominating, I will turn my focus to hunting members of their faction.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    Hunting is the reason we're here: Finding worthy prey and killing them for trophies.

An honor duel is a personal one on one melee battle that a Yautja starts by challenging a worthy individual. No retreat or outside interference is allowed, lest the participant or the intruders become dishonorable.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    I'm hoping to find a sense of camaraderie with those who are on the same mission and share in their successes and failures.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    Rau'ta H'chak defeated me handily in an honor duel while I was an elder veteran ravager after complimenting me on my 1v2 victory against two marines. I was so impressed by the way he roleplayed it, even after he beat me he cut the weeds out from under me so we were able to give each other a "gg" in LOOC while I was bleeding out. Despite losing, I actually loved the whole thing and felt inspired to give a cool experience like that to other players. This is also why I went and got permission to apply under Clan H'chak.

I've found myself playing CMO a lot lately because of the great roleplaying opportunities that it's been affording me. So when this event happened it just kind of clicked for me that the Yautja might be a good fit.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Having discord access is a requirement because of important annoucements relating to predator codes/guidelines. Are you currently banned from the CM Discord?
    No

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other than the fact that it was a regular hunt, not a honor duel, I was impressed by your sportsmanship and attitude.

I read the app before applicant posted it, and after observing his RP ingame, he deserves a shot at the whitelist in my book.

+1
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    Other than the fact that it was a regular hunt, not a honor duel, I was impressed by your sportsmanship and attitude.

I read the app before applicant posted it, and after observing his RP ingame, he deserves a shot at the whitelist in my book.

+1
    Thank you kindly for your recommendation and being my inspiration for attempting to be whitelisted.

Yeah I figure I probably still have a lot to learn and I'm counting on the other Yautja to set me straight. It wasn't really an honor duel, but maybe it was in my heart haha!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Ulfric Best? Hmmmmm… I dunno… he's a pretty chill dude and a good roleplayer… so consider me wary...

Naw just kidding. I am curious of this post now and willing to give this a go. Your explanation on the hunt versus a duel is pretty simplistic. I like that, it's clear, concise and you get to the point. Interesting gimmick on wanting to get better armor and the likes.

Though I am a little uncertain on the part of killing one side when the other is dominating. Not something I'd consider terribly kosher but also at the same time it's something I can agree with to extend a round a little longer and not make it feel like a landslide one way or another. I'll slide you a brightly colored +1 due to the reasoning that I know your marine and you are quite polite and can be trusted to not go full unga bunga with crazy gear.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allakai View Post
    The Ulfric Best? Hmmmmm… I dunno… he's a pretty chill dude and a good roleplayer… so consider me wary...

Naw just kidding. I am curious of this post now and willing to give this a go. Your explanation on the hunt versus a duel is pretty simplistic. I like that, it's clear, concise and you get to the point. Interesting gimmick on wanting to get better armor and the likes.

Though I am a little uncertain on the part of killing one side when the other is dominating. Not something I'd consider terribly kosher but also at the same time it's something I can agree with to extend a round a little longer and not make it feel like a landslide one way or another. I'll slide you a brightly colored +1 due to the reasoning that I know your marine and you are quite polite and can be trusted to not go full unga bunga with crazy gear.
    What the heck? People actually have heard of me? I usually don't go out of my way to get attention so that's honestly a huge compliment and I really appreciate that. I was truthfully expecting a lot of "-1 I've never heard of you before" so that means a lot to me.

And yeah on the whole balancing thing I want to go for, I get you. I don't think I'm robust enough to turn the tide, and with all the changes lately to stop the metarushes I doubt that role will be as important as it once was. I just don't want to bully the side that is currently in the middle of a landslide defeat. Like when there's only 10 xenos left vs 100 marines, I would feel like such a bastard to try to pick one of them off... Unless they were delaylian-ing I suppose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CS190 View Post
    What the heck? People actually have heard of me? I usually don't go out of my way to get attention so that's honestly a huge compliment and I really appreciate that. I was truthfully expecting a lot of "-1 I've never heard of you before" so that means a lot to me.

And yeah on the whole balancing thing I want to go for, I get you. I don't think I'm robust enough to turn the tide, and with all the changes lately to stop the metarushes I doubt that role will be as important as it once was. I just don't want to bully the side that is currently in the middle of a landslide defeat. Like when there's only 10 xenos left vs 100 marines, I would feel like such a bastard to try to pick one of them off... Unless they were delaylian-ing I suppose.
    Absolutely I recognize your name. I see you often enough mainly because having a name like "Best" as your last name is pretty recognizable, and I am glad you are self aware on the matter of hunting based on what side is doing well/not doing well. Though you are going to make a H'chak… I accept you to be on the Hunt, brother.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joining H'chak clan is auto denial. APOLOGIES

In all seriousness, I do like your story and I have seen you around. I have no problem with accepting you into our ranks.

+1

Do not disappoint me.. young one.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DommyGaming View Post
    Joining H'chak clan is auto denial. APOLOGIES

In all seriousness, I do like your story and I have seen you around. I have no problem with accepting you into our ranks.

+1

Do not disappoint me.. young one.
    Haha thank you! I had no idea there was so much clan rivalry here!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The story is okay. I have not personally seen you around, however many people here seem to vouch for you.

I'm willing to give you a chance.

+1

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see Ulric a bunch, he's always roleplaying. Giving this will give him something to... funnel? his roleplay into.

+1
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler: