Zach 'Fortress' Hawker
    Their BYOND Key
    Bibiex
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    9:25 pm. central. 1/13/2019
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Not understanding rule 2 and rule 3.
    Description of the incident
    The SO ordered us to go across enemy grounds without any regards to the safety or situation of the combat causing my char to get pissed off and became very verbal with the SO about it. Later was contacted by bibiex telling me to stop my 'ic toxic behavior' which isnt a rule directly but could fall under rule three but if that was the case it would conflict with rule 2 about being realistic to your characters nature. They also wouldnt discuss what the exact issue was and used a generally loose term as in 'General ic toxic behavior.
    Evidence
    They said the logs would be posted so they have it. By this time the chat is out of window. But this is what I do have.( Moderator PM from Bibiex: This one wasn't an IC issue as it negatively affected someone else's round.
    I won't discuss it here, don't repeat the same mistake.)(Moderator PM from Bibiex: Logs will be posted on the staff report later.)
    How you would punish the accused
    Have them demoted to mentor so they can be retrained in how to moderate or take the course in how to moderate again?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the logs haven't updated, but I am posting the IC stuff you said:

Spoiler Spoiler:

ahelp sent by another player about it

Spoiler Spoiler:

Once the full logs update I will post the PM's tomorrow
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 01-14-2019 at 03:45 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    Character witness here. I was lurking in msay when this contact happened, and I was the SADAR spec in TienShenhan's squad. His behaviour was not really that toxic, given the context of the situation. We were told to run around aimlessly for one part, dig in for a bit, use materials, move out, get encircled. No offense to Wanda as a character, but command lost track of the situation completely at critical points. So i feel that it was justified.
    Unless TienShenhan has multiple notes about IC toxic behaviour, I would not consider this toxic. That is just my two cents.

What comes to IC toxic behaviour, there is a line to what is acceptable or tasteful. That is when we draw the line and count it as Being a Dick.
    I.E multiple racist remarks, metagrudging, etc.
    Usually we contact folks about this when they get ahelped about.

What prompted Bibiex to PM you, was an ahelp from another player, who might have felt it was OOCily offensive, or otherwise very jarring.
    Which is justified. I believe the word "cunt" being repeated over and over, felt jarring. And since he just told you to tone it down, without other punishments (atleast that I know off), I think your proposed punishment is a bit over the top.

Thanks for reading.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wanda here. I stayed reasonable with you since I understood why you'd be mad with me IC since orders were a mess across the board that round. Charlie was retreating fast and dying even faster. Charlie asked for help, so I sent the only unit available to move in. I had poor info on the route they were using to evac, so I had you sent to the caves first and then to ETA to cut off xenos from killing them off completely. I didn't move you for the hell of it. Anyways, I had no intention of marking you for insub or anything since I felt you had justification to be mad at my character.

After awhile it felt like you were going overboard with insulting me every time I spoke in channel, and there was no de-escalating with you IC, hence my ahelp. So I stopped communicating with you period. Couldn't really even speak to Alpha without you calling me a cunt. I screw up plenty as a player and get insulted all the time, that stuff's normal. Repeatedly calling me a cunt isn't and was obnoxious. I just wanted you to tone it down.

This would probably benefit from showing the full exchange with my character included in the logs as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Admin PM logs:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (Sorry about not replying sooner, I didnt see the website had logged me out and it was telling me at permissions I couldnt reply. Just now found out I wasnt logged in anymore.) Yeah I dont normally do forums so I had no idea where to file my complaint at. I felt that this went overboard for a char only calling another char cunt twice to be contacted by a moderator and this was an IC situation with cause and effect. The other instances of my char calling Wanda a cunt was talking to other characters that was around him. Once to my SL at ETA when we was surrounded by xenos and one in north hangar talking to another engineer. The reason my char started riding yours was because you would be saying stick with your SL when we wasn't even regrouped yet to move, leaving a lot of marines behind. (Saw a five xeno gangbang on a marine through my scope of where we just ran through while Wanda was telling us to move, leaving people behind. That's realistically a very stressful thing to see so my char acted accordingly of seeing people being left behind because a SO ordered it.) So of course Zach would be pissed off when A. He views himself as the best combat engineer and automatically deems command bald when they dont put him on something that involves construction. Alpha didnt get FOB so in his mind command was already shiney on the top. B. He used all his materials building a defensive position at Lambda where the initial fighting happened before being moved south to the caves to help support a withdraw of another squad. We get there and theres nobody in the cave south of us, but a few Xenos lurking into the shadows. The xenos messed up a few marines so the medics was doing the god awful 'Heal the wounded on the spot instead of taking them to safety' while Zach is watching a warrior xeno pop in and out of the shadows, trying to get them to move to where the LT was ordering us to go. Come around the cliffs below filtration and seeing xenos inside it through melted holes and knowing they are already in the cave system was screaming to Zach were going directly into a bottle neck that will get us surrounded and sure enough we got surrounded. Engineering, atmospherics, ETA and the caves had Xenos. Thats when he started sparking off with his mouth. Abandoning a defensive position to help a withdraw of another squad was fine, but moving further away from the defenses to a point that had zero defenses was the line that got crossed in his not cuss out/cuss out book. But yeah, I feel like being contacted over this issue and it being considered 'Generally toxic behavior' put a bad taste in my mouth as a CM player. (Again sorry if this wasnt the right place to put the complaint as I had no idea where to do it as I dont do forums.)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulled some more logs, the only thing I see IC that Wanda said was:

[20:55:14]SAY: Wanda 'Lazarus' Fisher/XXXX : Hawker. Calm down
    [20:55:35]SAY: Zach 'Fortress' Hawker/TienShenhan : Im not going to calm down when someone in a high rank fucks up on a boot level of stupid.

Also just for manager/player information.

No offical note/warning was issued on this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bibiex is entirely within his right to ask you to calm it down if what you were doing was bothering another player, and he felt that it was getting to be too much himself. He did not ban you. He did not even give you a note. He did the very minimum of action that could be done, which was tell you to cool it down. The exact log is missing in the above logs so here it is.

[20:57:23]ADMIN: PM: Bibiex/(Ana Morgan)->TienShenhan/(Zach 'Fortress' Hawker): Hey there.
    You should chill a little, someone ahelped complaining about your behaviour.
    Have a nice round!

And because he asked you to chill out you think he should be removed from being a Mod? I disagree.

Now I wouldn't go so far as to call what you said toxic. But generally if a player has an issue with what another player is saying we ask the "offending" player to cool it a little. And that is exactly what was done here.

Resolved. No action taken.