Kuusday - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Kuusday

Marine Name
    Jesse 'Frost' Bishop

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Tachinde

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No I have not been banned and I am currently not banned on any other server.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes, I am familiar with the Code Of Honor.

Yautja Character Story
    “He passed towards the end.”

The sudden clicking of mandibles roused young Tachinde from his inner thoughts, cool air parting way for the experienced warrior that is Nodalke. Nodalke stood there, gear still battered and ki’cti-pa sizzling with the kiande amedha’s ichor; the Hunt of his sibling must have went as poor as they said it would. Tachinde’s eyes narrowed into slits and his immediate attention returned to the corpse still on display waiting to be burnt like the rest. Truly, he isn’t upset that his sibling perished. Moreso that he’ll have to listen to the others click their tusks and disregard it as a common occurrence.

That’s what his line had been seen as, a waste of suckers. Usually falling short of greatness in the Hunt. He was forced to listen to their musings and deal with the weight crushing his shoulders, a weight that would soon reach the breaking point.

Tachinde finally turned from the displayed corpse, no longer wishing to look at the mangled limbs and gaping chest wound where a serpent’s appendage had staked through the other end. He faced the taller warrior who kept his mandibles clicked and head cocked. Unlike the others, Nodalke didn’t dismiss him or put doubt on young Tachinde’s abilities. It certainly was without pity of course. That would be disrespectful and insulting, the neutral demeanour was simply one out of interest. There’s an understanding that the older Hunter has for the Unblooded. A spark recognized as a drive countering any doubts one may have. No, this one is different from the others. He is without the reckless tendencies and ignorance of a bigger picture.

“Unable to follow through with the code.” Tachinde confirmed. Not that it takes an Elder to figure this out. The wave of a hand motioned to the mangled mess that was the left limb, shredded and picked apart by the claws of the serpents. It all must have happened due to a lack of awareness; tackled and ripped apart before the warrior could realize what was happening and activate the fail-safe to ensure an honorable death. That meant Hunters like Nodalke are sent in to recover what remained. The corpse won’t be regarded as anything more than a pity and waste, the Black Warrior himself dismissing and simply trekking past its spirit onto the next soul that passed on from their realm.

Nodalke reached out and placed a hand on the young Yautja’s shoulder, giving him a look that said ‘Don’t dwell. Do not fear a similar fate.’ Actions translate words in their society and that’s exactly what Tachinde read on his clanmate’s expression. “Your time is now. Remember the code, remember what I have taught you and prove them wrong. Then we feast under Kor’Ma’s bolts arcing through the sky.” Nodalke nodded and lowered his hand, Tachinde looking up with a hardened expression. Muscles relaxed but carried with a strong posture. He won’t let the display haunt him, he won’t let the words and tusks clicking echo throughout his mind, and he certainly won’t let Cetanu’s pauking gaze leech into him. No, now he accomplishes what those from his pack have been known to fail at.

The Unblooded moves past the taller warrior who looked with an intrigued and hopeful gaze. Tachinde raises his bio-mask and hooks it in as he travels towards through the halls of the mother-ship, all the way to the preparations room.

Now is the time to prove himself. Failure will NOT be tolerated.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Tachinde is a driven, hungry Yautja who seeks approval. My intentions for Tachinde is for him to prove that his lineage is worthy of being called Hunters and Warriors among his clan. Having witnessed failure and being predestined to die like those before him, he seeks to prove himself. That he won't succumb to the risk of the hunt at such an early stage.

I intend to translate Tachinde's personality to gameplay through seeking out dangerous tasks. The more risk the better because that's how Tachinde himself would see it. The prey simply isn't worthy if it doesn't propose an actual challenge.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    Honor Duel - An Honor Duel is a battle between Yautja and another adversary that typically ends in death. An Honor Duel is mainly commenced if one's honor is brought into question or if the hunter deems an adversary as a worthy combatant. The Yautja in question MUST be revealed and MUST be utilizing a melee weapon which is typically their wristblades. An Honor Duel is a personal fight between two individuals.

Hunt - A Hunt is more than an endeavor for Yautja to claim glory and honor, it's the backbone of the entire society where unblooded and blooded go to prove their worth. A Hunt is conducted so that Yautja may prove themselves to their clan or simply for the joy of defeating dangerous prey.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Due to Tachinde's personality and previous interactions with those of his kind, I wouldn't be one for 'banter' unless absolutely necessary.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    For starters, I'm interested in a different RP experience. I believe playing a Predator will be fun and interesting.

I also want to experience Predator gameplay on CM due to running into several Predator players and seeing how they act.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Having discord access is a requirement because of important annoucements relating to predator codes/guidelines. Are you currently banned from the CM Discord?
    No

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is your first post on the forums and I haven't really seen you around, despite myself being active in the past few months. Your answers regarding honour duels, hunts, etc are also pretty short and need to be expanded. Your writing is acceptable, I'd even say good, but the story is a bit short.

It's a subpar application but I'm pretty sure you'll get it if you try again.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TBH, I've never heard of you before this post, though I do see you have a ton of time in-game.

I see that your character story is rather shallow and follows the similar tropey path seen in a lot of Yautja stories. Tell me, what makes your Yautja any different from the next Yautja in-line? Regardless of your answer I think I will let this sit for a while and allow the community to weigh in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! I have glanced over your application and I will also agree with Rob on this one, I sadly do not know your marine name off the top of my head but that might be because I don't pay attention much to begin with on things like that. I typically play Bravo so that might be another factor, not the point, however.

Regarding your app: The story is very VERY short. However, I am willing to extend some trust and thought towards you as a predator as you clearly seem to care for the roleplay and desire to do that very thing. I personally see predators as a role more based on the player's humility and desire to roleplay rather than the want to kill and be uber powerful.

To put my curiosity to rest I will ask a question that I wish for you to answer:

A xenomorph was accidentally caught in someone's trap and the other hunters won't cough up who did it. One of the other hunters claim it was your trap and you won't admit it and continues to hassle you and goes as far as to claim you are weak and unwilling to admit when you are wrong and tarnishes your name. How do you resolve this?
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    TBH, I've never heard of you before this post, though I do see you have a ton of time in-game.

I see that your character story is rather shallow and follows the similar tropey path seen in a lot of Yautja stories. Tell me, what makes your Yautja any different from the next Yautja in-line? Regardless of your answer I think I will let this sit for a while and allow the community to weigh in.
    Are you asking what makes him different from other people's? If so, I see that the common Yautja is "Sit back and observe" so I made Tachinde as the type to take direct action. He doesn't overcomplicate a situation unlike others before him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allakai View Post
    Hello! I have glanced over your application and I will also agree with Rob on this one, I sadly do not know your marine name off the top of my head but that might be because I don't pay attention much to begin with on things like that. I typically play Bravo so that might be another factor, not the point, however.

Regarding your app: The story is very VERY short. However, I am willing to extend some trust and thought towards you as a predator as you clearly seem to care for the roleplay and desire to do that very thing. I personally see predators as a role more based on the player's humility and desire to roleplay rather than the want to kill and be uber powerful.

To put my curiosity to rest I will ask a question that I wish for you to answer:

A xenomorph was accidentally caught in someone's trap and the other hunters won't cough up who did it. One of the other hunters claim it was your trap and you won't admit it and continues to hassle you and goes as far as to claim you are weak and unwilling to admit when you are wrong and tarnishes your name. How do you resolve this?
    At first if it's just the other hunter accusing, I would pay little mind. However as soon as he tarnishes Tachinde's name, it would result in an Honor Duel. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm. I can be find with that. Seems okay. As said before I can slide you some trust as I am willing to throw a good nod your way as you do seem to care quite a bit for the application with your clear want to roleplay. I am putting faith in you that you can be a good predator. I will throw you a fancy colored +1.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there, Kuusday

I'm going to be denying your application on the grounds that your story is not very interesting, it's short, and your reply to my answer left much to be desired. I asked you what made your pred different from all the others. Your answer was simply

I see that the common Yautja is "Sit back and observe" so I made Tachinde as the type to take direct action.
    That doesn't make your predator different in any way from countless others.

The way the Yautja application system works is going to be changing on April 1st, I'm going to ask that you re-apply then.