Their BYOND Key
    Dubszor/other
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    7:20 PM, 2/28/20
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    -Do not abuse your power
    -Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    Description of the incident
    After I hive-announced a message "Make me regret existence QM" (It was a joke response to their message) they spawned in a synth death commando with an irradiated smartgun who proceeded to gun us down for the remainder of the nuke timer. We had to fight the commando who we already killed once and continuously got aheals. The nuke hadn't even exploded yet when the admin decided to abomb us, of which were me and 3 other xenos that were still alive. After getting abombed I made a ticket and a few responses later the round was reset. I'm making this complaint because we got abombed, which pushed it too far.

You can argue that I was asking for it, but the 'queen mother' shouldn't be manifesting a death commando to kill her children, and the round shouldn't be cut like that via admin bombing a hive. I didn't even ask to die.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    Question those involved and punish accordingly

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi.

I was the guy who made the QM message, the person who answered your ahelp, and did some minor things during an shipside event.

The QM annoucement was just for flavor, and I personally did not notice your annoucement responce, and I cant speak for dubszor or taketheshot, but personally how I see it, was the fact that we were under a lot of pressure to end the round ASAP, since we had made you into primordial empress, and you just wouldnt die, due to you being quite a decent player, and frankly having a ridiculous amount of health and armor. The round was just over 3 hours long, and we had ~120 observers at varying degrees of impatient, so it was the best to call it quits even before the nuke.

The round ended just as I was answering your ahelp, so I did not come back to answer you.

Not sure about anything else, so I will leave it at that.
    Last edited by Dorkkeli; 02-29-2020 at 02:18 AM.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the CO in question, Captain Greg Lauffer, Miracle of Sol, and hero of various USCM recruitment films starring himself. You had three hours to break marine lines, during those 3 hours constantly the Almayer was losing power and comms due to an IC event (which I enjoyed I love the immersion the admins give us makes it fun for shipside personal) PLUS a UPP attack on CIC. I will also put forward that requisitions was entirely halted due to it having zero personal running it.

In the end we got the nuke, a majority of your forces had died. You had at most 4 xenos one being yourself and the nuke had at the very least 2 minutes left on the timer. I had chased you down into robotics where you were utilizing the queen's very over powered instant stun to stop us from killing you. Instead of fighting like a true hero willing to go down with the ship like Captain Greg Lauffer you chose to run and hide then emerge and screech. In the very moment of my death Greg Lauffer awakened with the strength of 100 marines who had died in the fight whose spirits were pushing him forward to deliver the final blow on the creatures who'd damned them a minute before the nuke went off, so they would rest peacefully and carry on to heaven. This strength became so strong for the mere mortal body that it erupted into the explosion of a small nuclear device killing the empress and her cowardly followers along with Captain Greg Lauffer himself.

You had 3 hours, the marines had multiple handicaps. By the time I chased you into robotics the round was over. The nuke had at most one more minute to explode and you were all the way over at LZ2. There was no victory in sight for you. You were given an honorable death. Cherish it, not just anyone has the privilege to fight in battle with Captain Greg Lauffer.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. If you had actually blown up on death or if I had more than a slice of health against Metaba and shotties I would have been fine or fought it out. I know you’re half joking but the abomb came long after you died.

Yea, many players waiting for the next round is a valid point, but I still see it being excessively used as an excuse to abomb queens that outlive expectations while following suicide orders. It’s a stupid system. Lots of people scorn shit like blowing up the queen to jerk dchat.

Why not teleport the hive into the FOB? An all out fight or die battle? Most importantly the admins ditched the entire point of the nuke. Think of the IO’s, researchers, and marines that did all kinds of shit to achieve defcon 1, only to have a anti-climatic ending with an abomb to xenos who were already being lynched by the admin bussed Commando.

Go down with the ship? More like go down with suicide, to be real. Of course you’re getting stunned by a queen. Anyways, savor the moment you got to die by a primordial empress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The logs will be pulled and posted today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs of the fight:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not teleport the hive into the FOB? An all out fight or die battle? Most importantly the admins ditched the entire point of the nuke. Think of the IO’s, researchers, and marines that did all kinds of shit to achieve defcon 1, only to have a anti-climatic ending with an abomb to xenos who were already being lynched by the admin bussed Commando.
    So I'd like to put some perspective into this, as I was and AM Godfrey 'Mortar' Muller, and as per the name, I was playing engineer on the mortar (without the nickname at the time). I'm not 100% sure at what point you're referencing teleporting the entire hive into the FOB, but I 100% assure you, that FOB was on it's heels for the longest time, because of said REQ (RO deserted planetside, presumably died, and because he didn't cryo we couldn't get RO) problems, I literally ran out of HE INCED shells, and I was only able to for like what felt like 10 minutes, use flare rounds, to try and pray that the sound would scare off the xenos, and then hopefully, if I got more shells, hit you with a real shell because the Xenos eventually realized that there was no actual mortar support. Which did in fact (well, I'm pretending it's this) work, and I got 2 kills with a HE INCED combo on one of your last xenos.

If admins teleported xenos into fob, we would've died and routed instantly, half of our defense was probably my mortar, and Mike's spotting, and preplanned cords. After having UPP called on us. An engine explosion. UNGODLY ENDLESS (3 or so) COMS AND POWER SHUTTING DOWN, I assure you, marines would've raged so hard the server would've had to ban countless people for going nuclear in D-chat over 'admeme abuse'. I also won't lie, I was 90% sure your plan was to run away, and when marines evaced, you'd walk back in and disable the nuke. I don't know how long it takes to disable it, but our walls and cades had so many openings, I just assumed that we'd have to go back down because you'd be able to disable it.

After I read the bioscan, we turned off the nuke, because you were a single xeno and ran away to robotics. I had no idea at the time how or why they died, considering that we went from like 15 to 1 between scans. But given the death machine synth, I can understand. But even at the 1-2 minute timer, you still lasted like 3 minutes longer. Which I assume is when the admin Abombed you to just get the round over with, because marines couldn't finish you off, AND we turned off the nuke. IF marines didn't turn off the nuke, I think he wouldn't have Abombed you. Also had ANYONE KNOWN that you were an UPGRADED queen, we equally wouldn't have turned off the nuke. Literally no one said that you were anything but a normal queen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Telporting the hive into the FOB was one of many alternatives to abombing.
    There were 3-4 xenos left, including queen. If they got teleported into FOB, hypothetically a few point blanks from the remaining marines alongside being trapped inside barricades would’ve probably ended the game with a marine major, but atleast the xenos given a chance.

Back to the round. I’m certain that turning off the nuke was temporary, to buy time loading onto the dropship. We were still fighting the commando when it got disabled. That’s when I got desperate and told the xenos to ignore the synth, which didn’t work. My plan was to barrage the FOB with my screeches and break down the barricades with the remaining xenos. Originally I only ran because I got rushed by a group of marines, and got no support until robotics. Once we killed them, our chance to go back to FOB sieging was ruined by the admins, in which the abomb killed the rest of the hive as we were being lynched for 3 minutes by the commando.

Plenty of marines saw that I was an upgraded queen, that’s on them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay. So. Going through everything.

It is not uncommon for staff to intervene in delaying, as it's not exactly fun or worth while waiting for Marines to hunt three xenos across the entire planet. If you've had a message from staff either QM or XOOC, it's because we want the round to close out to get the next one started. Just accept the situation is unwinnable and go out with a bang on your own volition or admin intervention is highly likely to occur, most often through Abombs. But other means are fine as well, given that the round was being delayed and you yourself being made a primordial, this isn't Admin abuse and unfair use of power, just drawing the round to an end swiftly.

I'll be speaking with the entire admin team on the best ways to end out rounds but I can assure you that teleporting the xenos into the FOB will not feature on that list. Especially when that roster includes a primordial empress
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager