Douglas Borde
    Their BYOND Key
    Grimreaperx15
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    12 AM
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve RP and Enjoyment of the Server, Enforcemen of the Rules
    Description of the incident
    I was playing Researcher with a person I developed an IC trust with, August Pershing, as we both did work in containment due to an event created by TTS. Due to previous grievances with Pershing and a PFC Miranda Vanye, Miranda Vayne went into the Morgue and started a fight with him, which caused Pershing to spray Vayne with non-lethal, admin spawned acid from his acid sprayer, which only melts helmets, while dealing absolutely no damage.

Vayne returns back 5 minutes after this incident to Research, I saw Vayne walking towards the Research Lab, and PBs Pershing. PFC Vayne tries to PB him into heartbreak, but I stunprod and cuff before it became severe. I ahelped it, in good order because attempting lethal grief on grief to stop a griefer, atleast to me, has historically gone poorly.

Grimreaper takes this issue over, because August Pershing was supposedly a community banned player, and was removed, and rule 0s this issue. My problems arise here because Grimreaper allowed a person who hardgriefed a person to go away without any consequences (according to him on Discord, only a verbal warning was given), despite the fact that hardgrief was commenced, and ICly intervened in Vayne's arrest, pardoning a blatant IC murder with the CO still alive, and protecting Vayne from any future brigging, two very absurd, even LRP actions, which doesn't preserve RP.
    Essentially, at this point, August Pershing had been joking at Vayne's expense, while Vayne explicitly hardgriefed without any reasonable IC reason considering that the acid did no damage and only removed a helmet, and self-defense is made moot due to the sheer time inbetween the acid spray, and the PB. Certainly not grief on grief, as Pershing did no hardgrief to justify this ruling.

Furthermore, Vayne had intent of shooting me, had I not ambushed with a stunprod to avoid the 3rd PB heartbreaking, or limb breaking Pershing, and forced me in a situation where I was being harassed by a medic associated with him with the same acid spray, while trying to revive him from 500 brute damage and several limb breaks, at the risk of heart breaking him. This severely disrupted my round, which was already hectic due to the admin event.

What is the take away from this? Miranda Vanye was left without ANY punishment over:
    A. Hardgriefing over minor IC grievances (being made fun of, and a non-lethal acid spray) and attempting to ruin my, and August Pershing's round.
    B. Overescalating what was essentially sub-fist weapons and jumping the gun (literally).
    C. Fighting "grief" with grief.

When confronted on Discord, Grimreaper attempted to justify this unfair ruling (or lack thereof), by saying that he doesn't extend the same rights of a player to people meant to be permabanned, and that I was unaffected, which I was indirectly affected, and would've been directly affected if I missed my stunprod, or didn't intervene immediately. Grimreaper allowed for several rulebreaks to be made in the sake of Rule 0, despite it actively harming two players (granted one doesn't count to him) despite there being a concrete protocol and hierarchy for this type of situation.

Specifically, escalation rules which are based on legitmacy and "fist-knife-gun", and the soul of Rule 0, to preserve fun and RP, both of which were ignored: his decisions were unfair and his IC intervention worse: pardoning and giving Miranda Vayne protection from future briggings, completely LRP considering there was concrete proof of Vanye PBing and killing a Researcher, accounting for AWADS and murder.

Rule 0 is meant to preserve the round in "best interest of the current round, the server, or the player base". However, what his Rule 0 decision did was:

1. Protect a griefer from any tangible warning or punishment, and giving him the precedent to repeat that again.
    2. Harm two players' rounds (Pershing and I, although Pershing was banned)
    3. Promote a nonsensical LRP pardon, with a CMP AND CO still alive, with him being brig immune due to two ARES announcements.
    4. Disrupt a player's round (mine) for a substantial period of time.

In conclusion, these decisions done by Grim were completely biased and inconsistent under his perception that "permabanned" players do not get the same rights as normal players, and as a result, a person who broke 3 rules was completely pardoned from all these problems under that basis, and that's completely unfair, such decisions must be called out.
    Evidence
    Logs for combat/ahelps

This includes the Pardon/Brig Protection, fights and conversation involved, and ahelps.

Him repeating that "Perma'd" players do not get the same protection.
    https://gyazo.com/8165148300cb5c70361b6ee675fe04b5
    https://gyazo.com/2425b7fcafb7b22b67f3e282960c2d9a
    https://gyazo.com/2ed4fd66b3daf74d37c45ab0821c289c
    https://gyazo.com/c115fac97f3bae8ab4ccf0d23e7540b0

There was clear motive for him to make the call to excuse hardgrief over someone who didn't even start a fight nor escalate. The player who got genuinely griefed was a perma'd player, but doesn't get the same protections, despite it not excusing protecting Vayne.

Discord conversations dating 2/29 with Grim and I will also shed some light on this argument, if needed.
    How you would punish the accused
    Up to the Manager

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was not running any events at this time.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I may have some input, however small, I do remember Grim stating he tried running a event with research but that it turned out poorly in OOC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will pull and post the logs today.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for reference about a few months ago grimcad and I came up with a policy of not banning players for grief on grief, but we still talk to players and say don’t do that which is in effect a verbal warning. Verbal warnings are still considered a punishment in the sense of Staff intervention, and grief on grief only gets punished with a ban if the player has a history of doing it after being told not to.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 02-29-2020 at 12:26 PM.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alrighty. I have been and looked through this.

We had a meeting yesterday in which we discussed this as well.

Grim has been spoken to to ensure that players are noted/warned/banned if they are breaking server rules, even if they do so to people evading perma bans.

I'll be noting the person in question.

Resolved.
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager