User Tag List

Thread: Yarnhut - Rules 2, 4, 14, and maybe 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yarnhut - Rules 2, 4, 14, and maybe 3.

Player Report
    Your Byond ID?
    Outcast Seer

Date of Incident
    February 29, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Luca Jagemann

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Yarnhut

Accused Character Name
    Greta Bjornsdottir

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    Around 1:00 AM Central

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rules 2, 4, 14, and maybe 3.

Description of the incident:
    During the CO event late yesterday/early this morning, the CLF attacked right outside of research. The CLF were killed, and I saw that one of them was relivable. IC, my character wanted to save the CLF because (1) he could be interrogated, (2) death is bad, and (3) get some revenge for being shot by said CLF. As there was still fighting throughout the ship, I took him to a containment cell and stripped him of all equipment, which I tossed outside the cell.

Through significant effort (over 500 net damage and IB) I managed to revive the CLF, who was completely incapacitated due to organ damage and five fractures. At this point, a fellow researcher, Greta Bjornsdottir a.k.a. Yarnhut, walks into containment in full marine combat kit and silently enters the cell. I explain to her why I am reviving the CLF, and she silently stands there before PBing the critted player him in the head, locking me in the cell, and walking out.

I manage to revive the CLF again, all the while asking for the CMO to help and for MPs to come and secure/protect the prisoner. I managed to break out of the cell, but before I can move the disabled player out, Yarnhut reenters containment. I immediately can tell that she is going to cause trouble, and warn her to back off since the CLF is almost completely naked, unarmed, and intentionally with five unsplinted fractures to remain incapacitated. Yarnhut responds: “I will shoot you,” before firing at me repeatedly and PBing me to death.

The naked, unarmed CLF had limped to his pile of clothes while I was being murdered and threw a Molotov. Yarnhut then kills the CLF, who doesn’t have clothes or a weapon at this point and could have been contained simply by closing the cell’s shutters. She then takes my body to marines and tells MPs to arrest me for reviving and arming a CLF.

By not only killing the secured prisoner twice, but also killing me unprovoked, Yarnhut demonstrated a clear intent to “grief” both the CLF player and myself. Yarhut intentionally sabotaged the opportunity for the crowd of CO’s to interrogate/put on trial/fight over who gets to BE the CLF. This behavior is made worse by the fact that she was a researcher, not a marine. Its arguably permissible for a traumatized marine to go out of their way to kill a CLF prisoner, but it is LRP for a civilian, who is trained in medicine, to do so not once, but twice while intentionally killing a coworker in an act of improper escalation. This kind of behavior contributes to the decline in RP on the server, promotes toxicity, and should be generally discouraged.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    How you would punish the accused:
    If they have a history of this behavior, a temporary ban and a job ban from researcher and CMO (banning the former is pointless if they can still play the latter). If this is a first time offense, I personally would be okay with a warning/probation on the condition that the player acknowledges why what they did was wrong and apologizes directly to both the CLF player and myself.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll pull and sort logs for this later today.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs

Luca's

Spoiler Spoiler:

Greta Bjornsdottir's

Spoiler Spoiler:

TLDR Mode

Last edited by starmute; 03-03-2020 at 07:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should be noted that "Luca beats down Greta" occurs in the ERT base after the crowd of COs and marines evacuated on the CLF's shuttle. Additionally, this was shortly before the battle royal began in the ERT base, which Yarnhut was fit enough to participate in. It must be emphasized that this occurred after we were effectively removed from the round, and not during the operation/defense of the ship. I must also emphasize that while I did drug and shoot Yarnhut, I neither acted unprovoked nor did I descend to their level of behavior.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also feel that the last quote in the TLDR needs just a bit of context to avoid misinterpretation.

[00:58:25]SAY: Unknown (as Luca Jagemann): I cant do it... (CKEY: Outcast Seer) (JOB: Researcher)
    [00:58:36]SAY: Unknown (as Luca Jagemann): She killed me and a prisoner earlier (CKEY: Outcast Seer) (JOB: Researcher)
    [00:58:44]SAY: Unknown (as Luca Jagemann): I almost killed her back (CKEY: Outcast Seer) (JOB: Researcher)
    [00:58:50]SAY: Unknown (as Luca Jagemann): But I cant finish it... (CKEY: Outcast Seer) (JOB: Researcher)
    [00:58:56]SAY: Unknown (as Luca Jagemann): Im too cowardly (CKEY: Outcast Seer) (JOB: Researcher)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's just a TLDR version for SNCV to see where events occurred and highlight them. Essentially its to show you did retaliate. Feel free to expand if you need to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To expand in a succinct manner, I am asserting that due to the manner, extent, context, and timing in which I eventually took vengeance upon Yarnhut, the fact that I did so should:
    (1) Have no bearing upon the decision of whether Yarnhut violated Rules 2, 4, and 14; and
    (2) Not be used as an opportunity to separately evaluate my conduct in the context of this specific report.

I am aware that neither of these two concerns have been suggested by staff, but I feel that if I don't make these assertions before decisions are made it will be too late. If it is needed, I can go into greater depth of the reasoning behind these two points.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First and foremost, I don't agree with the assertion that stepping in and killing the CLF is lesser RP or non-RP as compared to wanting to revive them per se. Different characters have different motivations and different methodologies for how they might interact with a hypothetical enemy (i.e. CLF). Some commit warcrimes, some try to capture them alive, et cetera. Just because their preference differs from your own does not mean that they're not RPing.

The only real issue I see here is with regards to escalation. Yarnhut shouldn't be blasting people; and no, saying "I will shoot you", brandishing your weapon, or some sort of similar threat does not qualify as an acceptable prelude to shooting someone, assuming that's the only 'escalation' done.

However, you (Outcast Seer) also participated in this very same Improper Escalation when you blasted them afterwards. No, it doesn't matter if you're 'out of the round' or if it's an event round. The server rules still apply; and no, the fact that it was not the intention of this report to shed light on such an action does not exempt you from any consequences thereof, especially when it occurred within the very confines of this report.

So I'll be as clear as possible; completely independent of the IC justification for such an act, you cannot simply blast one another with shotguns without any prior, substantive escalation of force.

Resolved; both Outcast Seer and Yarnhut will be receiving notes for Improper Escalation.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.