Date of Incident
    March 1, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Hylla Greene

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    snooper44

Accused Character Name
    Greg Lauffer

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    7:15pm March 1st

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 3, Potentially Rule 15

Description of the incident:
    As Engineer I decided to sit on Alamo instead of attending briefing, since I was going to get orders on comms anyway. I was not alone in this, there were about fifteen other people on the Alamo at the time. CMP Greg Lauffer walks on and starts ordering everyone off, saying we are "trespassing" (last time I checked marines were authorised to be on alamo by default) I tell him that nobody really cares among some other things I cannot entirely recall, and he walks up and starts cuffing me. I take this as "wow he's really gonna be like this" and unbuckle myself and walk off Alamo, to which he proceeds to run after me, taze me, and take me to brig. Then he declares I was resisting arrest because I got off the alamo as ordered (though admittedly after multiple warnings), and sets my brig timer to thirty minutes.

Coincidentally, another marine got taken in among the fifteen on Alamo, Greg decides to give him a warning and let him go free, and then because I was annoyed with my sentence and called him mean words and hurt his feelings, he edited my active timer to fifty-five minutes (this is where the potential rule 15 breach comes in, I am fairly certain you aren't supposed to edit timers in progress). I ahelp and it goes back and forth for a bit, and it's declared that the CMP has done nothing wrong for singling me out amongst fifteen people, ignoring that I followed his direction and got off the Alamo, and borderline pardoned someone else for the same crime.

After everything I just told him that I was going to sleep and to cryo me, and closed CM. Because I'm obviously and understandably not going to sit and wait fifty-five minutes only to go down and inevitably have the round already be over.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Evidence will be in logs.

How you would punish the accused:
    Up to whoever handles it.

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was not expecting a report out of this, but considering how you acted during the entire situation I guess it was inevitable. So I shall explain my actions.

Briefing was to begin within less then a minute, Greg Lauffer is a firm believer in law and order and above all, respect. Every marine is expected to attend briefing, this is the military. How do you expect to deploy and not even know what's going to happen? If every marine did what you did, we wouldn't even have briefings. So, as the Officer in charge of Law and Order I received a comm informing me 'many' marines were on the alamo skipping on the military briefing. I proceeded to move to the alamo and found as you described around 10 marines on EARLY. I proceeded to turn the microphone on the Alamo and inform the marines if they did not get off, they would be arrested for trespassing as marines are not permitted on the Alamo until after briefing. I repeated this at least two or three times.

You proceeded to say 'no one cares, you can't arrest all of us.' Essentially questioning the Chief of Military Police's authority in front of a large group of soldiers who now likely believed "Wow, if Greg Lauffer the Lieutenant Commander and maintainer of Law backed down, what would stop us from telling the Captain to fuck off?" I couldn't permit that for the sake of the stability of the Almayer. So I approached you, informed you that you were under arrest and began cuffing you. In response, you dashed wordlessly away as fast as you could. At that very moment my character's star-athletic days kicked in as his calve muscles tightened and he gave chase. You dodged two taser shots, and tried to flee. I however was able to catch you with the third as Greg Lauffer is known for his marksmanship.

At this point I began dragging you back to the brig clearly out of breath from the chase as CMP is a very desk-intensive job, you began screaming over comms how I, the CMP was a retard and dumb as hell. I brought you into the brig, you proceeded to tell me I was garbage as I began putting you in prisoner clothes. At this point the second arrested was brought in, it turns out he had gone SSD according to what he said in LOOC and did not know he was told to get off the Alamo. He also did not run anywhere as I was stripping you in the brig as the other MP had left him there. Since he behaved decently, didn't resist, and was understanding of his crime I informed him he was charged with the minimum for trespassing which is a warning. I then let him on his merry way so no, I did not single you out. In fact I ordered the other free MPs to get who they could. We can only do so much with only the three we had.

Afterwards when you were in a cell you proceeded to berate me or as you described it 'called him mean words and hurt his feelings'. I warned you, after overlooking everything else you had said to stop or I would have to charge you with DASO which as per marine law STACKS. Do you know what you said to me? 'Eat shit and die'. So, I added the minutes which brought you from 40 to 55. 30 from trespassing and 10 from resisting. You still proceeded to call me garbage after which normally would have put you in perma for going over 60 minutes, again I overlooked it. Afterwards I informed you that I could call the CO down if you desired a pardon and he likely would have given you one, but you told me to fuck off and that you were just going to cryo.

I did my job, I did not single you out. You chose to skip out on briefing, ignore orders to get off the alamo, question my orders in front of other marines, run when being arrested, and to insult your superior MANY times which I chose to overlook besides the one time. If I had more hands I would have arrested more marines who refused to get off the alamo but it takes time to brig just one person.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The logs will be sorted and posted in the next 24 hours.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooper44 View Post
    I did my job, I did not single you out. You chose to skip out on briefing, ignore orders to get off the alamo, question my orders in front of other marines, run when being arrested, and to insult your superior MANY times which I chose to overlook besides the one time. If I had more hands I would have arrested more marines who refused to get off the alamo but it takes time to brig just one person.
    I'll cut out all the RP fluff paragraphs you decided to post since this last bit summarises it all.

"I did my job, I did not single you out." By your own admission you did so simply because I was the one that spoke, in lieu of equally enforcing the law you just chose the person who spoke and someone who was SSD.

"You chose to skip out on briefing, ignore orders to get off the Alamo," Yes I skipped briefing, no it's not trespassing to be in an authorised area. Marines ARE authorised to be on Alamo, you know? If a superior had directly told us not to go to Alamo, then perhaps you could call it trespassing. This is why I ignored your order, I considered it unlawful as the crime was not correct.

"question my orders in front of other marines" Your orders, in my eyes, were entirely unlawful. You cannot order us to get off and call it trespassing when before that moment nobody had said it was an unauthorised area. Marines have access to Alamo by default and as such they are going to go there as they please.

"run when being arrested" I did not run, I got off the Alamo. You chose to tase me and call it resisting arrest.

"and to insult your superior MANY times which I chose to overlook besides the one time." I have no issue with this part, I did insult you MANY times, and most of them were quite severe. My issue is that you edited an active brig timer, something that, again, I'm fairly confident is not allowed.

Other than that, I'll wait for logs and then leave this up to whoever takes charge of it.

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By your own admission you did so simply because I was the one that spoke, in lieu of equally enforcing the law you just chose the person who spoke and someone who was SSD.
    You were the only one on the dropship to vocally boast that the order was foolish and that you were not going to follow it. Nobody else did, by doing this you made it clear regardless of the warnings you would not heed and thus were arrested. The logs can prove this. As for the SSD I did not play part in their arrest. I informed the MP with me at the time to grab anyone who was not getting off.

Yes I skipped briefing, no it's not trespassing to be in an authorised area. Marines ARE authorised to be on Alamo, you know? If a superior had directly told us not to go to Alamo, then perhaps you could call it trespassing. This is why I ignored your order, I considered it unlawful as the crime was not correct.
    The CMP is a Lieutenant Commander, an Officer and thus your superior. The USS Almayer and the Falling Falcons are military personal and assets. The only places a marine should be prior to briefing's dismissal is briefing itself, requisitions, and medical getting what they need for the operation. As CMP I have the fully authority to deem the Alamo off-limits until briefing dismissal to stop marines from skipping a military briefing. A XO or CO is permitted to overrule me, however none did so my order stood as the CMP is an officer. Nothing I ordered was unlawful, to call it such diminishes the term.

Your orders, in my eyes, were entirely unlawful. You cannot order us to get off and call it trespassing when before that moment nobody had said it was an unauthorised area. Marines have access to Alamo by default and as such they are going to go there as they please.
    The Corporate Liason also has access to CIC, yet the CO or XO or whoever is Acting CO can order it off-limits to the CL and have them brigged for trespassing if they return. I let you and all the marines on the Alamo at the time know two or three times that you were to vacate the Alamo. You were warned, I did not just run in batoning and tasering.

I did not run, I got off the Alamo. You chose to tase me and call it resisting arrest.
    As soon as you heard the cuffs being placed on you, you dashed away and off the Alamo wordlessly. You saw me draw a taser behind you in pursuit and proceeded to avoid two of my taser shots. You knew what you were doing. This is a lie.

I have no issue with this part, I did insult you MANY times, and most of them were quite severe. My issue is that you edited an active brig timer, something that, again, I'm fairly confident is not allowed.
    You proceeded to call an Officer, your superior garbage and many other vulgar terms which I cannot post here as I do not want to receive infractions. Disrespect of a Superior Officer stacks, as per marine law and can be added to the active timer if it is done over and over which it was.

I have no issue with you, I believe you should have stepped back and spoken with me in discord if there was an problem. I even offered to get the CO to hear your appeal and potentially pardon you, but you flat out refused and went to cryo. I hold no grudges against anyone or bias for any individual. Be it man, woman, child, other, bisexual, homosexual, muslim, christian, jewish, or any other characteristic to identify themselves does not stand in the way. I believe in equality under marine law. Everyone is batoned/flashed and thrown into the slammer equally.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

Incident logs:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

PMs:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is pretty much the same thing as the previous report; a mod handled it, so this needs to be handled internally (as this is another staff member reporting it). So for the sake of consistency I'll be closing this and taking care of it. Since the logs are out, though, and this has been out for awhile, I will just go ahead and say that the arrest appears warranted, but I do want to look into some of the specifics (i.e. arrest procedure).

Report closed.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.