Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RP issues again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry RP issues again...

Alright, so here is the situation.

I join at around 13:00. Comms are going nuts, so I figure the situation on the ground is pretty bad. I go to Requisitions to get some attachments. The CTs are nowhere to be seen.
    I wait for a while and decide to go in to see whether there are any CTs and to ask them to give me some attachies.
    I climb over the table and go inside. There's a CT wearing a full cardboard robot suit (yeah lol).
    I start type something along the lines of "Excuse me kind sir, do you have the time to vend some attachments for me" but he just flashes me and drags me out.

I met a MP and told him what's up. He just said "It's fine, just don't go inside req" and that was it.

I ahelp it and told the staff member that I thought this was pretty LRP behavior. He said that it's not LRP since PFCs have no access to req and shouldn't be there, and that actually me entering as a PFC is LRP.

The guy wearing a cardboard robot suit and flashing people without first asking them to leave is, apparently, not LRP according to staff...

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Req is basically it's own thing, nobody is allowed in there without asking except for the CIC staff. Not even MPs can go in there without a reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Req is basically it's own thing, nobody is allowed in there without asking except for the CIC staff. Not even MPs can go in there without a reason.
    that still doesn't mean you can just flash people for walking in. Can you imagine something like this in a real life scenario?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, you actually CAN flash anyone who enters Req and does not have the access to do so. It's considered breaking in. Nicer ROs/CTs will ask you to leave, but they are 100% within their rights to just flash you and kick you out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the correct thing to do IC and properly legal is to climb over the counter and demand attachments instead of going to the proper authorities?
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopping the counter isn't the *right* or *legal* thing to do, but it isn't LRP either. That's the type of thing that honestly happens in real life. Some people would absolutely check in the back if they walked into a store and the owner didn't appear after a few minutes. Maybe they had a heart attack or something. Especially in a warzone, if something seems off you radio it in and check it out. Maybe a lurker had killed off all of the CTs.

Conversely, wearing a full cardboard robot costume and flashing people without telling them to leave is completely *legal*, but it's LRP as fuck. If I was going into a combat situation and I saw rear line staff who were supposed to be supporting me walking around in cardboard robot costumes I would be deeply concerned.
    Last edited by UnwaveringGrey; 03-03-2020 at 12:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a lot of this sort of crap in game. I think trying to be an MRP server is partly to blame, since it is so vague and blurry where the line falls.

I generally try to get attention using the comm units sitting around the ship, with the common channel. Helpful for grabbing an engineer or req person. Also, it quickly draws attention of command and MPs if nobody at all responds from a department. Try that and either you get a response and the help you need, and that is their job in game, or you get others investigating why they are being ignorant, incompetent, LRP or possibly all dead.

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a man in a borg suit really annoys you, find an MP and report the CT for Failure to follow procedure. If the MP doesn’t have anything better to do, he might look into it. And with. A bit of luck, you just kicked off a mutiny down the line because the ungas get unruly once the RO tells them MP locked up the only CT for no reason and thus the lines won’t be manned.

But the CT just flashing you and dragging you out is to be expected. And it is role play. That CT has a job to do, and it’s part of that job to move stuff in cargo where it belongs.
    You don’t belong in there. So why would he start an argument with you? Just be happy he didn’t call the MP and had you locked up. But that would take him away from his job. So the most efficient way to get back to his job is to flash you and drag you out and shut the shutters.

I’ve climbed into Req many times. And the usual, expected behavior is that you head back to the counter and climb back out as soon as a CT spots you. Don’t get in their way.
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tip: "Point" something in Req as far as you can. It will be usually in CT's view and they will respond.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Tip: "Point" something in Req as far as you can. It will be usually in CT's view and they will respond.
    Alternatively, throw smoke/fake grenade into Req. Guaranteed response from CT, alongside MP.