User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Allakai's Guide to Not Be a Bad Medic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only thing I disagree/havent seen is, someones heart bursting it has been a while since that happend since I been a medic but a small tip you can Defib and treat damege to the patient with the trauma kits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heart breaks are rare but can really panic new medics. And I personally have broken someone's heart by defibbing them too much haha.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyAlone0309 View Post
    M37 holds 10 shells, not 8. If a medic and engineering want to, they can use a brown vest and carry 5 handfuls, which is 25 shells. If you count looting and Req sending shit down into that, you can easily last an entire round
    Definitely agree. Between the 10 in the shotgun (9 in magazine, 1 in chamber) and the 25 shells in the webbing, even during a shooting/fighting withdrawal, I’ve never run out of ammo as a medic. I’m torn on buck vs slugs, though. I know I honestly shouldn’t be within three tiles of a Xeno if I’m playing medic right, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen, and I’ve PB’d a lurker (who pounced my pain-crit patient instead of me) to death with buck, but I like being able to warn off warriors and other vultures who smell opportunity when they see me treating or rolling someone. (If you’re a field medic, and you’re dragging people, use your roller bed, save that marine’s bones, and don’t give the ambush castes easy kills, please.)

I know some people swear by buck, but since I’m not out for kills, I kinda lean towards slugs for the guaranteed stun that actually has range. Let the Ungas finish the Xeno off.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allakai View Post
    Advanced Brute and Burn Kits: Unlike other marines, the advanced healing kits are far more effective than ointment and bandages. Also unlike your average PFC you can INSTANTLY apply these advanced kits to damaged areas without 'fumbling' with them. You get 10 in a stack and should reserve these for very critical cases (such as those needing to be revived). However as you will see in your Armory you get a MedKit. Keep that in your bag so you can take extras out as needed. You can also return up to the Almayer and request more/ put almost spent stacks of advanced kits into the WY vendors to restock it. However you will have to ask a doctor to dispense it for you again.
    Why on earth do you reserve brute and burn kits for the most damaged? Personally when I see someone with mild injuries I just slap some kits on them and give them a tramadol, I feel that it's one of the quickest ways to get someone to get back to the front and start shooting again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    Why on earth do you reserve brute and burn kits for the most damaged? Personally when I see someone with mild injuries I just slap some kits on them and give them a tramadol, I feel that it's one of the quickest ways to get someone to get back to the front and start shooting again.
    You absolutely can treat people with your kits. If they're very damaged I too treat them both with drugs and kits, though again as said in the original post, you only get 10 in a stack and I realize I end up burning through my kits if I am treating loads of marines that need to be revived and are just normally injured. Drugs don't work on the dead because they don't have a heartbeat and don't metabolize drugs. The only legitimate way to bring down damage for the dead is to use kits as far as I am aware.

It is far easier to give someone bica/kelo+ tram then shoo them away if they have moderate injuries that do not require serious medical aid. If they are bleeding and are very seriously injured (the bar above their head is red/ about to start flashing red) then I give them legitimate treatment and look for broken bones and the likes.
    Last edited by Allakai; 03-07-2020 at 02:59 PM. Reason: typo
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allakai View Post
    You absolutely can treat people with your kits. If they're very damaged I too treat them both with drugs and kits, though again as said in the original post, you only get 10 in a stack and I realize I end up burning through my kits if I am treating loads of marines that need to be revived and are just normally injured. Drugs don't work on the dead because they don't have a heartbeat and don't metabolize drugs. The only legitimate way to bring down damage for the dead is to use kits as far as I am aware.

It is far easier to give someone bica/kelo+ tram then shoo them away if they have moderate injuries that do not require serious medical aid. If they are bleeding and are very seriously injured (the bar above their head is red/ about to start flashing red) then I give them legitimate treatment and look for broken bones and the likes.
    Ahh, I always bring quite a few extra stacks so I typically don't run out for at least 90 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's totally understandable. This guide really isn't meant to force people to play how I play. This is just something I had came up with seeing one too many questionable medics and thought this guide would help people be pointed in the right direction if they have absolutely no idea what to do. If you got something that works: use it!
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HPR medic gets good usage out of space, your already taking a primary and only have to give up one slot in your armor for the additional box, agrip offsets the wield delay. Without a doubt it could be used better on other roles, but on medic it lets you maximize your medical supplies on you

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no mention of my baby m44? it's a perfect sidearm and even occaisonally primary weapon depending on how you kit it, but I'll just say this: heavy round pocket shotgun mode

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything in the gear section is something that goes against my character so no ty