Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Allakai's Guide to Not Be a Bad Medic

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GDIS Pathe View Post
    I guess if you want to be either an unga medic who doesn’t want to do their job or just a unga medic who runs out of supplies in any round that lasts for more than a hour
    Yeah but you can just take ammo pouches, or stick ammo in your armor/satchel.
    Hell you can even take a Large Pistol Mag Pouch and THAT fits shotgun shells, if you want to go maximum unga with a m37

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, squad medic is the role I play most often. And here’s my thoughts on the guide:

I’d advise any medic against taking a primary weapon. They are for killing xenos and killing xenos is not your job. At all. If you get to a point where you absolutely need to fight, you usually have a wide selection of weapons strewn about on the ground because shit just hit the fan.

Medics are there to get other marines back in the fight. Having a shotgun (or any less effective primary) distracts from that. It makes you think you could contribute to the fight, when you shouldn’t. Unless you’re stuck in a mega fob or on low pop, someone is always hurting and needs to be topped off.

Fill that webbing with spare pill bottles (at least two bica and one kelo). Fill that backpack with medikits, extra stretchers and stasis bags. And just put a pistol belt in your suit slot. Pistols can be used effectively in one hand, and you always need a hand free as a medic. Personally, I like revolvers with heavy ammo or smartpistols as second choice. Heavy ammo stuns and carries plenty extra in the belt, smartpistols can be used in the fubar situations that actually force me to use guns with little concern.

The rest is pretty good. Some minor stuff I disagree with, but eh.

Just maybe explain why the medical belt is a noob trap? You mention it but never explain what makes it worse. I am with you (bigger storage capacity and better contents > ability to hold a defib), but the players this guide is meant for have no clue.
    Last edited by FortyPercent; 03-16-2020 at 11:45 AM.
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite gun as medic is the smartpistol. It lets me just toss bullets downrange without having to aim or avoid hitting marines.

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    My favorite gun as medic is the smartpistol. It lets me just toss bullets downrange without having to aim or avoid hitting marines.
    Yeah, pretty much that. Revolver can also take smart scope, hence why those two are my favourite choices. That, and they come with 6 extra magazines that don’t take up any extra space since the whole belt fits in the suit slot.
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyPercent View Post
    Yeah, pretty much that. Revolver can also take smart scope, hence why those two are my favourite choices. That, and they come with 6 extra magazines that don’t take up any extra space since the whole belt fits in the suit slot.
    Another good option is a Motion Detector, because running away is almost always a good choice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    always take a motion detector if your round start medic or can loot one from req

i don't know how many times a MD has saved me as a medic from warrior / lurker / runner gang drive by's

it is literally a must; i even take it over a fire extinguisher, thats how vital it is. after all, if your dead, no one can defib the marines (or you), whereas they can easily roll to extinguish themselves of spitter acid :^)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    medic without a shotgun is no true medic at all

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had no idea that "Toggle Belt Mode" even existed. I'm definitely going to consult this guide often to teach myself how to be better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly as a medic I take thrrr sticks of Inaprovaline in a pouch and in a helmet. Now, before you call me absolutely retarted because I didnt take this or that, hear me out.

Have you ever been overwhelmed as a medic?

PFCs dragging in crit patients one after another, Spec is on orange, and all the other medics are either braindead or swallowed up by a Warrior?

In this situation you'd normally just give up on those three and let them die...
    But not with inaprovaline!
    Just jab them each with one dose of Inaprovaline, which instantly sticks into their system because its an injector, and VOILA. You get to ignore them for 5 minutes because they're stabilized. Now you dont have to worry about your defibs running out of charge, having to spend extra time to fix the crit people who died in crit, or even taking off their armor because they arent dead.
    The injector is much faster acting than the pills, meaning you have more of a window to jab them without them bleeding out on you. If their health bar is flashing red, jab them.

I also usually take TB, KD, and Imia for my preferred chemmeds. KD heals a LOT over time for one pill, and TB is great to heal Rav patients and also bundles in Spitter damage with it. Imia is for (stupidfuckingtankerswhodontuseweldingoggles) HEAD FRACTURE PATIENTS AAAAA and will generally save you a big headache (getit).

For my sidearm I usually take a pistol. Why? Ammo. Pistols get a WHOLE HOLSTER DEDICATED TO THEM, AND IT FITS ON ARMOR. Add a barrel charger if you're going M4A3, and a laser sight and RDS for your pistol and you've got a very decent one-handed weapon to stuff Lurker face with. Sure, it wont kill them...never in a million years, but its better than having no gun. Just firing bullets seems to scare of Lurkers and Runners and thats good enough for me.