User Tag List

Thread: R&D and You: The Guide to a Successful Operation

Whitelisted Synthetic Obliviouss0's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

R&D and You: The Guide to a Successful Operation

Hello and welcome to the long overdue research guide!

Some of you might know me by my ingame alias: "Rodrick Fisher" or "Bowie." I've been working in R&D since I've been playing the game, and that's been a year. I find that not many people know how to play research and use the Synthesis Simulator. With this guide I aim to change that!
    Here you will learn how the Synthetic Simulator works and the basic rundown of what research does on a normal basis.

(If you're here to learn how to make chemical grenades then you're in the wrong place! You'll find a better time with that here!)

Objective
    You want to make the operation easier by coming up with fresh new chemicals that will overall increase the effectiveness of the marine. How you might ask? Well that's easy. I'll even put it into steps.

Step 1:
    You can find an average of 4-5 of Clearance level 1 special chemicals and 2-3 for Clearance level 2 when you mutate plants, and the process is easy! You place plants on the hydroponics and simply put 60-120u of Unstable Mutagens(Make use of the Turing Machine) in each hydroponics table with a plant in it.

I personally use Wheat, Poppies, Potatoes, and Carrots. They grow fast and I find that they give good yield. If the plant doesn't grow what I want then I just toss it in a trash pile in case I may want to use it again, but if it does have what I want then I grind it. (NOTE: IF you don't have enough U's of the chemical from just those plants you will have to get seeds and keep growing! You will need 30u.) Once you get those 4 special chemicals then you're done with hydroponics.

Step 2:
    By this time you should have about 2 special chemicals before a marine presents to research a fresh xeno body. You are to either get an IV drip or use a syringe and beaker which is faster (Make sure you set the syringe to take 15u and grab blood until your beaker is about 75% full.) you will then want to take the blood and seperate the blood and plasma into different bottles and put them into their own little vial to be placed into the XRF Scanner.

Step 3:
    As you continue your shenanigans in research, you should have a xeno body's blood scanned and about 3-4 special chemicals from the plants. Now you'll want to make some special chemicals and help those marines out right?
    The fact that you are able to use the XRF Scanner to analyze natural chemicals like: "Clonexadone" allows you to make some pretty crazy stuff. Clonexadone now being called the well-known name of "PortaCryo" one injection from a hypospray could heal a marine from CRIT in about a minute, but there is a downside; if you OD then you are guaranteed to die. If that happens then you'll have to make use of the SLEEPER to get the chemicals out of the poor soul.

You can find PortaCryo recipe down in "Special Research Chemicals"

Step 4:
    That's all you really need to know! Just find more combinations for chemicals and make ol' Fisher proud! If you want to make grenades then you can go HERE , but that feature will be given to Maintenance Tech soon.

Special Research Chemicals:

PortaCryo: Heals all basic aliments in within a few minutes all the way from CRIT. Toxic, Brute, Burn
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Superzine: Reduces stun time and increases speed by a lot.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Reminder that in every operation that the recipes are different, sometimes you can make the chemical, and other times you can't. Just pray to RNGsus.

Here are some Machines Used Often:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Extra!:
    -There are special EASTER EGGS hidden around research. I won't tell you any because that would defeat the point of an easter egg. Just search and keep searching!
    -DO NOT BUY CLEARANCE IF THE CORPORATE LIAISION IS ON THE SCENE. He can give it to you for free, just call them.

I will update this soon, it will have a few more different chemicals that could help improve the marine experience. I will also improve the overall look of this post when I can. If there's any questions you could ask in the comments. o7
    Shouts out to Kameron Hunter for helping me write some of this.
    Player of Rodrick Fisher and Bowie. Roughest darn darn darn darn darm darn.... thing out there.

Creator of a small guide on how to be a successful researcher:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide, combine with the Magnus Opus on Research this covers all the basics that every Researcher should know.
    Some things to note, Growing Xeno's is fairly safe but always tell Command when doing so ( or else you run the risk of a XO / CO coming down to kill your xeno's just cuz ).
    Each live xeno can give 20-40% defcon, the best way to push towards Nuke. Keep a watchful eye on them and make sure no Hivelords emerge ( they can breach containment, your force to kill them ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also a quick note for chemical weapon development:
    Resist the urge to make green fire grenades. They are flashy, they cover a large area, and they are easy to make, but they do very little damage to xenos and can easily perma-kill marines (i.e. it’s the HEFA of chemical weapons). Instead, use a “heater” such phosphorus in conjunction with hydrogen to get a relatively smaller but much more potent bluefire grenade.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anesthesia: Stuns quickly, metabolizes for a long time, costs 1 research credit, and heals brute

-XRF Scan Chloral Hydrate and Tricordrazine.
    -Get Analysis of Chloral Hydrate and place it into the Synthesis Machine first, then turn the machine to RELATE and place the Analysis of Tricordrazine Paper and place the Analysis.
    -Click TXC and NGN. You will replace toxic damage with brute heal making the drug safe to use and useful in surgery.
    Last edited by Hnappinn; 01-31-2021 at 12:14 AM.