Jaden "jay" ironmonger
    Their BYOND Key
    Hunk1
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    march 2nd 2020 at around 5-7 pm
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    2. Investigate the situation
    Description of the incident
    Me and another MP had been sent down to deal with some marines who were playing UNO (tm) the CMP sent us down with a M4A3 pistol and a spare mag we were waiting by the DS when we were told by teh captain and CMP to arrest the bravo SL as well as any marines that are marked.
    We got on teh dropship and headed down where i went out into the FOB and started arresting a compliant marine, while i was putting cuffs on said marine another marine came over disarm spammed me , pushed me down and took the cuffs, i walked back towards the DS hoping to ask for backup when more marines started pushing me, i pulled my taser out and tased one but the others kept disarm spamming me
    i got hit by a smartgun bullet and informed teh CMP that shots had been fired, i backed up to wall, bleeding, and pulled out my pistol when two marines approached me. i yelled "DO NOT PUSH ME AGAIN OR I WILL SHOOT" one marine left and the other came up and dried to disarm me again, the marine tried to run and i shot him, as i had previously warned them that was going to do after shooting the marine i put my pistol in my shoulder holster and went to help with the arrest of the SL the marines kept pushing me but i ignored and made a beeline for the SL the synth had been chasing the SL and the SL fired a shot towards the synth i took this as an attempted murder and shot him 5 times in the chest the SL turned and shot me point blank with buckshot upon which i died instantly. as their medic revived me the marines stole my ID, beret, belt, and armor the marines cuffed me with my own cuffs and the medic defibbed me i got up and was helped to the DS by a marine. i went up got the cuffs off and we ended up arresting the SL and another marine i limped my way to the armoury and got riot gear this is when Hunk1 contacted me through PM we discussed it and he decided to give me a job ban as well as a 3 hour ban
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    Removal of note and jobban

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Posting as a Witness. I am CKey TuringWept, otherwise known this round as "Arturo Joyce" the other MP.

Initially we started this round with three MPs, but after some sort of drama incident the third MP, being told he was not allowed to arrest every single marine that breathed for any or no reason, decided to cryo. This left just me and Jay as the only two MPs left.

The round had been slow up unto this point with the biggest action we had experienced being throwing candy bars at a Working Joe Synthetic to see how it reacted. We were both ordered to the brig, told that marines were playing Uno, and that we were to go down with a pistol and one spare mag and break the ring up, seizing the deck as contraband. We are told not to leave FOB to do this. Upon boarding the dropship we get an update, Bravo has engaged the tank crew and marked individuals are to be arrested. It then escalates to "The Bravo SL is being insubordinate, arrest him too." Both myself and Jay acknowledge that this is going to be a cluster fuck and we're probably going to get gunned down by angry marines, we were right. Our initial plan was to enter the FOB, secure the uno deck, and spend an excessively long time securing the uno deck until bravo either worked their shit out or got murdered by angry xenomorphs, unfortunately bravo was right next to the Uno deck.

We begin trying to peacefully arrest two individuals, Jays individual is cooperative, mine isn't. While we try to convince them to come quietly mine runs off. I pursue him, lose him in the loading dock, and back off, I then run into him again being chased by a runner and decide that the situation is no longer my problem. I get back in time to watch an increasingly belligerent bravo crowd Jay, begin to comment about how we're one flashbang away from a shootout, and then one flashbang detonates in the middle of bravo, triggering a shootout.

I, taking this for what it was, decide now is a very good time to tactically withdraw away from the angry marine squad and book it, Jay continues to (now alone) attempt to arrest the SL in the middle of this squad. Events from this point to the next point in the hanger are second hand to me but video does exist showing he was engaged first by a smartgunner and then tried to mag dump the SL, I however, did not see this as I was busy trying to arrest the two nerds attacking me. Me and Jay both find ourselves by the shipping crates at LZ1, we both order bravo to back off. Captain is ordering us to "just arrest the SL and get off planet already" something that is useless and they will continue to order. We are outnumbered, surrounded by angry bravo, armed, and apparently already lethally engaged although I did not know this. Jay makes the decision to fire his handgun into the crowd. This was a reasonable choice at the time with the angry mob, but it was also one that signed a death warrant for both of us. Knowing this, I elect to heroically run away, hiding in the disabled tank, leaving Jays ass hanging out in the wind, he is promptly murdered. For this action, I am awarded a medal.

CO continues feeding us nonsensical and impossible orders even after Jay has been killed and defibrillated. I find Jay alive and wounded on the shuttle, naked and handcuffed. The Synth somehow, in this time, arrests the SL and I arrest another wanted bravo member on the shuttle. Everyone is ultimately pardoned by the captain, including the SL that tried to incite a mutiny and murdered a security officer.

All in all, we can cut Jays escalation into four points: Soft Arrest Attempt --> Flashbang into belligerent crowd interfering with arrest --> running clusterfuck taser battle between two MPs and an entire squad --> Jay fires his handgun having been shot at by someone.

Of note: The excuse given by the individual who shot was that "It was a warning shot" with how high speed combat was at this time it would have been impossible for jay to distinguish the two. At no point was Jays escalation unreasonable or improper, although it left us in a situation of being in a shootout with a heavily armed squad which would only end with both of us deceased.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normally we would pull logs, but the video evidence presented pretty much shows the marine did shoot first. If SCSNV still wants logs we will provide them, but the video evidence is pretty conclusive.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All right. I'll state why i came in conclusion with your ban. The point used for investigation was your interaction with other marines and the point of start choosen was your the attack log you recieved from the Tank Crewman who shot a M56 Smartgun bullet at you.

I browsed thru the logs and i saw no evidence of you enforcing the compliant suspect arrest procedures. The only evidence i saw was you shooting a marine with a pistol, when i dived into logs to check if you tried the compliant section, nothing was found. MPs are heavily tied to Server Rules as they are a Heavy Roleplay role which can affect the rounds severely. The reason why i decided to ban was for Rule 14 - Lethal Force/Improper Escalation based on the evidences i had. The reason why i jumped the escalation (i usually jobban on second offense), is because the round was severely impacted by the MPs and i had Multiple ahelps from people from bravo squad, one of them was in fear of being perma'd for no issue and he even offered to turn himself to brig for possible mutiny and the CMP faxed HC requesting a riot squad for a possibility of bravo Mutiny against the Commanding Officer.

I considered, after reviewing all those facts, a jobban worthy offense DUO SEVERITY as it almost caused a mutiny.

With the Video evidence presented, I am totally ok with the ban and jobban being removed. I just think you should had used more non-lethal means to subdue the squad leader, but i consider acceptable as the SL opened fire on the Synthetic.

I Offer you my appologies.

Edit 1: I forgot to mention. Shots that misses the target are not recorded on logs. This is why i came to this conclusion.
    Last edited by Hunk1; 03-03-2020 at 08:35 PM.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am the Bravo SL. It appears this whole event spiraled as a result of the evils of Uno, something the devs added to nerf marines greatly.

Everything began when the tankmen ran over Bravo's uno table and along with it three marines. Crushing them beneath the weight of hundreds of pounds of metal. In anger when the tankmen began repairing their vehicle Bravo marines began assaulting the two TCs. It was a short brawl and ended after some fists thrown.

Then I receive word MPs were on the ground and arrested Bravo even though I had specifically informed command three marines were purposely run over by the tankmen. I intervened in the arrest as did other Bravo and then a disarm brawl broke out. The MPs tried to arrest when the Alamo wasn't even there to secure prisoners, they deployed without riot helmets so flashbangs were utterly useless, and they lost all their non-lethals because they decided to split up rather than stick together and work as a team.

After tasers being fired and stun batons being tossed, I found that an entire layer of barricades was melted because of the MPs attempting to arrest most of Bravo leaving the defenses exposed and undefended. I informed command and then was chased outside of the FOB by the synth and an MP (MPs are not supposed to go beyond the FOB). I thought they'd stop chasing me, they didn't. We were outside FOB and I felt the Synth and MP were putting my life in danger were they attempt to arrest me within a combat-field that was still very active with Xenos. So, I drew my weapon and fired SOUTH, away from the MP as a warning shot. It was not directed at the Synth who ran in from off-screen and nearly into it.

If I wanted to shoot the synth or the MP, I could have. I didn't. I shot once south of me then holstered my gun and ran as a way of telling you to back off as you had holstered and drawn your pistol multiple times and were chasing me outside of the FOB. I was then shot five times by the MP after trying to run with his sidearm and so I proceeded to kill him and then get disarm spammed by the Synth and was arrested.

I know what it's like to be MP/CMP. The stress of hundreds of apes towering over, you only have so many tools. I do not feel like anyone is at fault here. I agree you should not have been job banned and Hunk1 may have jumped the gun but made a decision based on his thought that the situation might have led to a major round changer (mutiny) due to poor MPing so I do not think he did it in bad faith. Even command should have been smarter than to send down MPs without riot helmets to try and arrest multiple members of an entire squad especially without reason. There's a reason MPs wait for wanted marines to come up wounded rather than going down to retrieve them themselves.

I would hate to see anyone receive the short end of the stick all because of Uno

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you for apologizing and i understand why you would've came to that conclusion given the evidence you had at hand. Hopefully next time we talk it will be in a round as comrades
    and not through PMs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything checks out here. Nice to see it get resolved so peacefully.

Resolved; the note/jobbans will be removed.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.