Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

diedsniper - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    diedsniper

Player Name You Use Most?
    Jeffery Davis

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    //showthrea...or-Application | Mentor application

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    1.Battlefield Execution should rarely if ever be used, it puts someone out of the game in an instant, and should be reserved for when a normal execution can’t be done in time.

2. In the case of battlefield executing a crewmember, it would have to be for one the following reasons
    a) A spy who is sabotaging the operation. Say a doctor is slowly taking out the police force one by one and is caught.
    b) Actively impeding the success of the operation. Engineers refusing to refuel and repair the engines/ Reload and chamber the OB
    c) Threatening my life, Researcher throws a chemnade into the CIC would result in me BE'ing him
    d) Planning to overthrow command in a mutiny, Marine or marines forcing themselves into CIC to overthrow me and my command staff.
    e) Clearly being incompetent on purpose (throwing a HEFA into friendly marines )

3.To properly execute someone you have to announce the person being executed, the crimes they committed, the method of execution, and scheduled time of said execution. Giving more time for discussion as the accused must give his last words, and questions on rather should he/she be executed. Normal executions offer more RP scenarios however, with it requiring more than just the Captain to do it. In a BE , it skips the 10 minute setup time to get all the players lined up, and ready to execute the accused, instead ending the role play before it could get a chance to potentially start.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    My CO, would run his ship, in a resourceful manner, trying to do everything for the marines groundside, even letting the MT's scrap his own office for a few extra barricades.

REQ
    If req ever became insubordinate, my CO would likely try diplomacy first and if that fails, he would send in to Johnny Law deal with the issue. After all the suspects were apprehended, the job of req would either fall to the loyal cargo technicians. Or in an extreme case my CO himself with a "if you want the job done right do it yourself" mentality.

Engineering
    If engineering was insubordinate inform them the op will for sure fail and marines will die if they dont get back to work, with power being shut down, no communication with ground forces could be achieved. If they were to continue sending the MP's to stop the troublemakers, afterwards either making loyal MT's the new Chief of engineering if he was one of those arrested. In an extreme case put the XO in command of the CIC for the time being to repair the engines myself, and do the job correctly.

MP
    If an MP was being restless, my CO would likely execute him, or try to make a unique punishment such as deploying them planetside with marines, or make him get in dress uniform and standguard, since as an MP he's held up to a higher standard and has read marine law countless times to know the consequences for his actions.

Command
    Finally for command staff, like before try diplomacy first, emphasizing his importance to the operation, if he continued either send him groundside in a squad, or arrest/execute the staff member.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The commander is the most vital part of an operation, keeping the order among marines, keeping everything moving at a steady and methodical pace, and making sure the operation goes smoothly. But most importantly being a symbol of unity and morale among marine forces. A commander has complete control of the operation, from picking where to drop and deciding what marines should do once their on the field, and where to do so. Organizing all sections of the ship (medbay, research, engineering, req) into one living breathing town in the stars.

If a commander decided to take field command, morale would raise. Morale keeps an operation from falling apart at the seams. If the commander dies on the battlefield it damages the morale of every marine next to him, with the impact of his death felt on all channels, and all decks of the ship.

RP wise the commander can be a focal point of an event or interaction, their word carries power and meaning and determines how a round will progress. The commander could chose to be welcoming to an ambassador, or outright be hostile to the ambassador causing a chain events that can either make up the most fun or least fun rounds in CM

As commanding officer Jeffery Davis will take into account the positions of his staff, and department heads to get the best outcome in an operation.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    CO could use more ways to identify himself from other command staff or other marines, we already have the symbol and outfit, maybe a way to force everyone in his view to a whisper so everyone affected can listen to the orders well.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    By trying to make CIC less of a clown fest known for obing supply coords, and I have a good amount of freetime so I'm able to play CO often.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Early life
    Born on a colony farm, spending his days learning how to herd cattle, and grow crops. Until one day where Davis learned the true nature of companies, as the farm he and his family had owned for decades, where he grew up, was bulldozed to make room for a new office complex representing a toilet company. Shortly after the news his father died, of an incurable disease, with no way to keep the farm his family moved to the city. Not finding it suitable for himself and his family he vowed to earn enough money to buy another farm, but this time on Earth, to do this Davis joined the USCM.

Marine life
    2 years of bootcamp, and graduating basic training at 23, During his first deployment to a desert planet, Davis was put in domino squad, and went on 5 previous operations that were above average in his mind, however during one deployment in the snow he was noted as an exceptional marine for fending off an entire CLF squad with only his standard issue M44 Combat revolver, earning the nickname “cowboy” and gaining the rank of Sergeant afterwards. Serving for another year in an urban center of a colony as a garrison. But the event that skyrocketed his career, was during a trip back for leave, when the ship came under attack from CLF sleeper agents who had taken out the engines and disabled the distress signal, most of the crew evacuated except the Captain. Rather than following the Captains advice of leaving and seeing another sunrise, he defended his position alongside the Captain earning 12 kills with his battle rifle. It was then Davis found the ammunition for his rifle and managed to fend off the boarders making use of the tight hallways along the ship. Even challenging the enemy’s leader to a dual, to end the engagement. Was not a second after the word to draw did he even hesitate to draw, ending the insurgents spree of terror across worlds. Coming out victorious in the fight. For his actions that cycle he was given the Medal of Honor and offered the position of Executive Officer on the vessel he served on. After which it didn't take long for him to obtain the rank of Captain, 2 years exactly. Earning captainship, after a coordinating a bad batch of marines, and turning them into his “Rough Riders” he called them, using excessive amounts of dropships and Close Air Support to win the operation, and bring everyone home to their families

Captainship
    After earning his rank UA command gave him his own ship to command. Captain Jeffery Davis was assigned to the USS. Theodore Roosevelt a carrier, commanding the 5th Rough Riders air battalion he created, based on his Medal of Honor, and previous actions. He was tasked with retaking the United Americas colony LV-899 from CLF insurgents, despite what the Admirals thought would happen, Captain Jeffery Davis, did not perform to the expectations set by his past experience, as the fighting he expected was vastly different from the guerrilla warfare he expected. Despite previous intel that had stated about CLF equipment including SAM sites, he moved forward with the deployment. Within 20 minutes a quarter of the landing force was dead. Despite the setback the marines of the Rough Riders air battalion, managed to weed out the insurgents, and bring an end to the conflict after long and hard fought gains in the mountain provinces. Making extensive use of constant deployment using dropships to replace wounded marines with combat ready marines in the front. After the operation had concluded the Admirals who gave him the assignment were furious by his lackluster commanding, citing his ignorance of enemy defences, suggesting he could have orbitally bombarded the enemy emplacements with a scouting team beforehand. Leading to the decision to transfer him to another ship as punishment along with the others that needed to be punished, the Falling Falcons of the USS. Almayer.

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BE answers are fine

Insubordination answers are also good, however I dont know if deploying MPs for not following orders is a 'punishment'

The story is good, some small errors on spelling, but nothing serious. I can find it odd your CO pulls off a Vietnam war, and ignoring some intel delivered to him (that is my interpretation of the story, if I'm mistaken let me know) since your CO is meant to be resourceful and cares about his men.
    OR
    Your CO actually learned from the SNAFU and it made him what he is today, I'm not the kind of guy letting small things fuck up the entire app, so I'll let it slide

I can vouch for your ability to RP and perform CIC roles, aswell shipside ones, I know you can take on the role with ease and I trust you will lead us to victory.

Cant wait to serve CO Jefferey Davis as synth +1
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already seen you in game enough to +1 right away.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can support this application but I have one basic question for you. What do you mean by an MP being restless?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just yesterday an MP refused to put away an L42 he had been walking around with funnily enough breaking SOP rules hes supposed to enforce, seems like a good example of an MP being restless.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must ask cowboy, did you apply solely so you could get a bigger revolver?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to admit partly yes, but what tipped me over to actually doing it was the event where every CO WL was spawned and was on one ship, and seeing previous events where other CO's were used as an event starter, made me want to try my hand at an application.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 hrm hrm cowboys at co is fun. pew pew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I'm slightly bitter about them potentially earning a whitelist before I do, diedsniper is an exceptional player. I'd say they're emblematic of the people I want to see and interact and play with as a standard: Their RP isn't the highest, but it's consistent and above what most bother to muster.
    Without a doubt,

+1

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great player, seen them in CIC enough to +1