User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tank right now feels like playing a overweight unga that is choking on bar stale bar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tank right now feels like playing a overweight unga that is choking on bar stale bar

Since the last major vehicle update tank gameplay is just byond (heh, get it? Comedy) stupid, the 5 times I got to play VC took the tank 2 times, and I wish I didnt take it at all, jesus christ.

Its slow, its cranky as hell and doesnt have a single strategical use more than sitting on a corridor for the whole op and firing once or twice when a retarded ravager comes arround, but OP Thats really fucking good to hold points, its practically CBT, not gonna lie, it is, but I would find more joy spending the day watching funerals from afar all day.

The OP goes like this: You make the stupid error to ask command for an opinion on the vehicle, unless its a player that knows the situation of tank right now, they will either ORDER you to take the tank beacouse 'uuuuuh, me want gun brrr, apart from that ocasional command whose name I dont want to recall, that wants you to take the CIC apc, beacouse aparently, having an OW console planetside is any good. Anyways, you took tank, and now you are stuck with this piece of shit, but its OUR piece of shit, so maybe we can give it some use, 3 weapons, the spray, the FF bonanza or the flamer. Want to take the spray? You better get that weapons array cause if not you are gonna be shooting stray bullets in a 360 angle, oh yeah, angles, the fucking minigun has a almost non existant firing angles and you WILL have blind spots that can be abused by your local Crusher main or just a plain drone, anything really, also also, you didnt take Overdrive you fool, even a legless boiler can outrun you now, and god save you from trying to turn.
    But lets say you took the autocannon, cool weapon, nice range, damn, the artillery module doesnt work (NOTE: I DID NOT TRY THIS MORE THAN ONCE, IT MAY WORK NOW, IF SO, PROCEED TO IGNORE), so basically you are like a spec sniper with both broken legs and without an actual scope, free hits by basically any single xeno in the caste tree.
    Im not gonna talk about the flamer cause honestly, I didnt try it, people say it useful-ish and can actually be well used to help retreats or covering flanks, that is, if you get there before their bones have decomposed.

Secondaries are actually divided, meh, never had the secondary flamer cause I heard its still the same as the pre-turret tank rework, so basically utter trash, nade launcher is still the only thing why tank its not instantly deleted by a crusher or a praetorian, and some gunners seem to like the cupola a lot, I do not know if its beacouse they dont trust themselves to use real amunition or if its actually good for anything, it does have some decent damage if you hit something that isnt more than t2.

The turret itself is also slow, something like a turret support slot would hurt, like a override for the turret only or something like a reinforced turret side, I dont know, but the thing is, turret is a great idea but the absoulte huge nerf to the other parts of the tank make it non viable from my point of view.

One thing I know for sure is that Im only taking APCs from now on, unless its prison and you can actually do something else with the turret than playing sitting ducks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The APC is even worse. Literally the only redeeming qualities it has are being OK at ramming things and being a convenient field hospital if you pick the right variant (the other two are useless). Guns are shit, durability is shit, transport capacity of all variants are shit, and like the tank it blocks marines from engaging xenos at the front, while not being killy enough to hold a choke solo against even a couple of T3s.

The reason command keeps begging you to take the tank is because any halfway competent marine player knows how bad the APC is right now, as opposed to the merely mediocre and awkward tank.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by havokman View Post
    The APC is even worse. Literally the only redeeming qualities it has are being OK at ramming things and being a convenient field hospital if you pick the right variant (the other two are useless). Guns are shit, durability is shit, transport capacity of all variants are shit, and like the tank it blocks marines from engaging xenos at the front, while not being killy enough to hold a choke solo against even a couple of T3s.

The reason command keeps begging you to take the tank is because any halfway competent marine player knows how bad the APC is right now, as opposed to the merely mediocre and awkward tank.
    this

if you pick APC you are more useful as a crew member being a engineer (because crew members get full combat engi skills) than you are as a crew member doing your actual job

you might as well put combat engi on high if you pick APC cause its a complete waste of space right now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    this

if you pick APC you are more useful as a crew member being a engineer (because crew members get full combat engi skills) than you are as a crew member doing your actual job

you might as well put combat engi on high if you pick APC cause its a complete waste of space right now
    Nope. At least, not ALL the skills of an Engineer.

I played a round on Solaris.... two nights ago? And as a VC, you can't help build Tcomms (someone stole the power cells (Mother Fuckers!)), because i got the the little red text saying "You are not trained to do this...."

Not sure what else you cannot do as a VC, engineering wise.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VC has engineering full, but his construction skill is at the level of PFC. Engineering is for repair, hacking and replacing (batteries in APC's). Construction is for building shit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    VC has engineering full, but his construction skill is at the level of PFC. Engineering is for repair, hacking and replacing (batteries in APC's). Construction is for building shit.

ok so if you pick APC you are just throwing your role away

got it

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah don't pick the APC, it's just... not usable. The tank isn't exactly usable either with the artillery module straight up not working.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every VC/TC/whatever the hell they called now that picks up anything but tank should be BEed. You only pick tank for one reason and one reason only. LTB TOW. Bring the fear of god into a benos heart. APC has no defcon 2 upgrade thus is literally shit tier, not d not f shit tier.

Deliema, APC has no defcon 2 upgrade making it always worse choice then tank.

Other current issue is all tank guns cant shot within first tile, a major nerf to minigun and makes it very reliant on ugnas to keep it safe.

Honestly I wouldve upgraded it that mini is full auto with a bit more accuracy and maybe 1000 rounds per mag, flak is like it is+has a powerful slug effect on tier 1-2 to make it nastier and also maybe buff damage done on direct hit, add LTB for picking but cant stun queen-crusher, and flamer that does more damage(maybe there could be a special 10/10 tier of fire upgrade from the 5/5, the 6+ would allow ravs and queens to burn but only direct hit from a pyro spec blue flames, flamer primary on tonk, and napalm direct could do that). TOW would be switched to a powerful defcon 2 weapon for tank or APC as secondary, it would be direct IFF (were you click is where it will hit) that can stun anything and does metric shit ton of damage, basically an AP+HE combo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    APC is stable, I've gibbed one a many Praetorians just by ramming into it alone. The SPEED is AMAZING. In the RIGHT hands, it's VERY deadly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good

now we just gotta remove the tank from the game