Eric "meat missile" castle
    Their BYOND Key
    Taketheshot56
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    3/4/2020 10:38 pm
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Do not abuse your power. stay professional
    Description of the incident
    Ares commented about waiting a long time for an ob and made not of the hive size increasing during that time. I responded poorly to ares about it telling it to be useful and give me coords for the location of the growing hive. This went back and forth bickering with the admin using the ares console to make snarky replies finally culminating at round end with ares singling me out by name and suggesting I was incompetent and could direct me to being a better SO. This is using an admin tool to publicly humiliate a player for something they disagreed with.
    Evidence
    Grimreaperx15 was the admin who took the complaint. I can attach files of the screen shots if requested but its an ares announcment and all admins saw it. I will add them if requested though.
    How you would punish the accused
    This is really unprofessional to use an admins position and power through ares to try and humiliate a player. I want it to be noted that this person will use tools of power to attempt to insult and belittle players it disagrees with.
    Last edited by x31stOverlord; 03-05-2020 at 06:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologize I dont know the byond key name of the user who was in control of ares for this round.

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread title edited to properly reflect the person being reported.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Logs.

Admin that made the Announcements is "Taketheshot56"

LOGS:
    ARES Announcements should be in the Correct order.

https://imgur.com/oCRXkux

https://imgur.com/hNw1Hxf

https://imgur.com/1erXucm

https://imgur.com/01pmPrK

https://imgur.com/lbwjlQM

ARES Logs:

TTS Making the ARES announcements
    Spoiler Spoiler:

IC Messages from the Player IC during the ARES Announcements
    Spoiler Spoiler:

OOC Comments by the Player

Spoiler Spoiler:

Adminhelp from Antrixx
    Spoiler Spoiler:

If you think any logs are missing post about it or message me.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think thats everything thanks. For round context we had been waiting for quite a while to fire an orbital on the cave entrance. Problem as per usual that that random marines a lot of times dont listen to command announcements or their squad leaders so we couldnt fire the OB. In particular Ive heard enough midis about bad LTs massacreing marines that I didnt feel like I wanted to become one, so we erred on the side of caution. The initial comment by ares in and of it self was fine, described an assumed factor, but still in character and fine. My response was clearly poor, but in role play was the response of a SO whos struggling to get marines to listen to command and was frustrated at being told that waiting to orbital was in effect "bald" and a poor choice. I was a bit taken aback by the responses attacking my grammar while also using spelling errors. I got the feeling that an admin was upset by what I said and was rapidly typing up responses because he was set off by my gall, if you will, in responding to ares. I really didnt want to continue this conversation and I asked the computer (politely I might add) to please be quiet because it was no longer helping or serving in a role to help us in the current situation. I imagine the admin controlling ares had other plans and continued to ramp up insulting me. The final response was to my IC character for an OOC comment made using my byond handle.
    I am a fairly new player, ive only played SO a total of 4 times now. I think its a fair assessment that im probably not a great SO. I do my best though, I try hard to ask req for what my guys need, be prompt in responding and setting orders. Do my best to assist chain of command or ship issues within role. In general ive played ss-13 for about 3 months now and I certainly have a ton to learn. A lot of it has been a slow process, and I have made quite a few mistakes along the way. In general however I do try my best to be a better player and contribute to the game and the enjoyment of players I come into contact with.

With all of that being said I believe that this was a very unprofessional way to handle a player talking back to an in game computer about not giving useful information. In the 3 months that ive been here I have only had positive interactions with the moderators and other staff. I have occasionally disagreed with their judgement on choices but I did my best to be respectful when speaking to them. For that reason and the simple fact that I really dont know anything at all about Taketheshot56 I cannot in good confidence say that I would recommend any punishment. For all I know he could have glowing reports and be a very good part of the cm community that im trying to be part of. I just wanted it marked that I felt this instance was very unprofessional and I thought it was a poor way to discipline a player for a perceived trangression.

Thank you.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello I am the admin who made the ARES communications, so first of all Number one, nothing expressed by myself during this exchange was OOC, it was all IC, OOCly ive seen you play many times and you do quite well being one of the better SOs when you do play, so dont sell yourself short of those skills. Honestly, ARES was just maintaining conversation with you after you called it out which everyone was having a laugh at over comms. SO OOCly you were absolutely fine as an SO and the computer was just being snarky In character. As for the last message it was sent in the middle of your OOC not in response to it, as far as I knew we were simply interacting ICly. As for it being a form of discipline for a perceived transgression this was simply not the case, you do fine as an SO this was simply just in Character and certainly not any sort of attempt to have ooc fight with you.

In conclusion I apologize if it did tick you off OOCly as that most certainly was not my intent. And welcome to the community.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate the apology, and if this was all in character and no ill intent was meant then no harm no foul. There isnt so much I would say a sharp learning curve, but a sharp backlash for failing to be robust at roles in cmss13(from players not staff). Ie learning to be a good medic is a punishing experience from a fair amount of players because you will inevitably be slow or not know all mechanics yet, and players will certainly let you hear about it. I suppose rarely a game goes by where somebody isnt raging at command. Knowing this I was mostly just worried that since the player base is really pretty small, that it could be easy to get a bad name as a player whos kinda shit. Basically the feeling that you want to learn something and be part of it but being worried about a bad label before you even really get a chance to start.

thanks for the timely response and quick resolution.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well. This is one of the better cases. I'm glad that Take took the time to apologise here to you and as it appears you have took it well and kissed and made up nothing overly dramatic is going to occur.

I'll be having a chat with Take about this and how we can stop issues occurring in future. But for this report I'll close it up now (definitely not because I forgot it was open).

Any further issues or comments you need to make, feel free to message me on discord and I'll be happy to talk further.
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager