User Tag List

View Poll Results: Attachments - Good or Bad System?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • [Yes, I believe it works Well]

23 63.89%
  • [No, I believe it works Poorly]

13 36.11%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Discussion - Attachments are Bad? Could QoL Updates Work Better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosetasm View Post
    - Mag harnesses should be standard. Only time a marine should be dropping their weapon is on purpose, or because they already have a backup weapon in their armor slot. If it’s standard, it shouldn’t take a rail slot.
    I disagree, this makes sidearms pointless which would literally eliminate any argument against bringing a MD every round. And there is something glorious about having your gun swept out of your hand, taking out a pistol, having it swept out of your hand, taking out a knife, having it swept out of your hand and then finally hitting the Queen with an e-tool. It doesn't achieve anything, but it feels good.

- Make most attachments purely cosmetic. Then make the guns good without requiring attachments. Some attachments would still do things: silencer makes the shots quiet, underbarrel weapons still do their thing, scopes move you to one tile from the edge of your vision, why isn’t there a plain old IFF attachment that isn’t a scope? But nothing that tinkers with the stats.
    A lot of attachments are already rather in the camp of sidegrades, but if they're cosmetic, they're pointless, the way rescueing a survivor is pointless. I don't really see what the point is in functionally removing every single non-utility attachment, I don't see what that really improves...

- The Pamphlet idea is a really good one. Or allowing you to choose your character’s pamphlet/ability loadout in character editing. It would work well with the cosmetic attachments idea.
    A decent idea. This has two issues:
    Certain other roles can't really go faster so marines will have even more time to sit on their thumbs and wait for briefing.
    More workload for the Devs who already have a full to-do list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyvrem View Post
    this makes sidearms pointless
    And it’s reasons like this that I always say take my ideas with a grain of salt. It’s a good point. Really good... Still would like to have them in the weapon closet though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree, this makes sidearms pointless
    I mean they already are, due to how the inventory works in this game it is more effective and space-efficient to just take a second primary.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree, this makes sidearms pointless which would literally eliminate any argument against bringing a MD every round. And there is something glorious about having your gun swept out of your hand, taking out a pistol, having it swept out of your hand, taking out a knife, having it swept out of your hand and then finally hitting the Queen with an e-tool. It doesn't achieve anything, but it feels good.

A lot of attachments are already rather in the camp of sidegrades, but if they're cosmetic, they're pointless, the way rescueing a survivor is pointless. I don't really see what the point is in functionally removing every single non-utility attachment, I don't see what that really improves...

A decent idea. This has two issues:
    Certain other roles can't really go faster so marines will have even more time to sit on their thumbs and wait for briefing.
    More workload for the Devs who already have a full to-do list.
    Sidearms are already pointless, since very few of them are actually capable of threatening a xeno. The m4a3 works sort of, the revolver is useless without heavy rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont fix what is not broken

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the weapons ARE broken though. They are significantly weaker if you don't have the 'essential' attachment for them. QFA for the m41a. Angled grip for shotguns. B8 scope for the L42A.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BC isn't good and nobody takes it.
    scopes aren't good and nobody takes them.
    bipod isn't good and nobody takes it
    EB isn't good and nobody takes it
    Suppressors are literally EB but better in every way
    Gyro/RC combo was nerfed thus meh
    Agrip is a must to make M41s viable
    QFA is a must to make M41s viable
    Railflash is a preferable alternative to RDS
    Reflex increases scatter so meh
    BFA isn't good
    Vgrip is meh
    Flashgrip is better than nothing
    Stocks add delays, people that brawl often prefer to ditch them to avoid said additional delays.
    Masterkey deals little to no damage, takes ages to fire and switch to
    Flamer deals no damage, takes ages to fire and switch to.
    Laser is fine because it has no drawbacks
    Harness is situational, with the removal of nesting it's better to run railflash. Personal preference here.

Either make guns good without attachements or make other attachments worth taking. Looking at you, EB

There's very few actual "good attachements" and it's certainly not the BC or scopes.

The number 1 attachment is Agrip.
    2 is easily QFA
    3 railflash
    4 bayonet
    5 the rest
    Last edited by Avalanchee; 03-18-2020 at 10:34 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rail flashlight has always been and will always be viable, unless devs add directional lighting again....
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    The number 1 attachment is Agrip.
    2 is easily QFA
    3 railflash
    4 bayonet
    5 the rest
    I agree with this assessment. V-grip is good too if you are in a place where you consider the bipod (read: fobbit), because unlike the bipod it doesn't undo itself every time you fire outside a 90 degree cone.
    Good thing railflash, flashgrip and bayonet are available for every marine without any special vendors needed.
    Although scopes can be useful. Mostly in HvH though because accuraccy doesn't matter if your spread is hot garbage and only other humans are squishy enough to make it worthwhile every time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Avalanche is very right about the choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    BC isn't good and nobody takes it.
    I’ve tried using BC on different weapons, and have seen no noticeable increase in damage output, at least not anything to make up for you missing a quarter of your shots with it. I do disagree that no one takes it. It’s one of the first items to sell out, and only partially because there are so few of them. People seem to think that they can actually get those few lucky hits in and get a kill out of it.

scopes aren't good and nobody takes them.
    bipod isn't good and nobody takes it
    Scopes suck because of windup and damage falloff for most weapons. BUT, 2x mini scope is ABSOLUTELY necessary for Grenade Spec.
    Bipod works well with QFA for a ridiculous rate of fire, but any of the weapons that could really benefit from the combo (HPR, M41A mk1) due to actually having ammo capacity, cannot mount the QFA.

Suppressors are literally EB but better in every way
    Gyro/RC combo was nerfed thus meh
    Why does EB exist?
    I’m pretty sure I got to use the Gyro/RC for a bit before that nerf came in. I don’t use them anymore, because it was a pretty harsh nerf. If there were barns in the game, I could prolly hit those.

BFA isn't good
    Maybe, maaaaaybe on the HPR if you’re attempting suppressing fire, where actually hitting your target isn’t as important as making them duck behind walls.

Masterkey deals little to no damage, takes ages to fire and switch to
    Flamer deals no damage, takes ages to fire and switch to.
    Masterkey should just do regular buck damage, make it double or even single shot between reloads if you have to, but shorter barrel equals less damage? That don’t make no sense! Just make the accuracy complete shit or something.
    The flamer... it’s situational. I use it to good effect for clearing weeds and for tricking xenos into thinking someone with a real flamer is doing area of denial. Once they figure it out though... better switch back to the primary.

Harness is situational, with the removal of nesting it's better to run railflash. Personal preference here.
    Honestly, I take a mag harness for my primary weapon because too many times, I’ll get neuro’d, FF grenaded, or otherwise knocked down, and I’ll never see that weapon again when someone takes it and charges into the hive to die, or because my paincritted ass got dragged away and it got melted. Having to carry only one weapon just makes it easier for me. I’m not very robust, and have issues juggling three weapons to begin with.

Either make guns good without attachements or make other attachments worth taking. Looking at you, EB

There's very few actual "good attachements" and it's certainly not the BC or scopes.
    I agree wholeheartedly with these two statements.

In my mind, an attachment should fundamentally alter a weapon’s role. Some examples:
    EB should prevent damage from falling off at a distance, essentially increasing a weapon’s effective range.
    Masterkey should actually fire the same rounds as the other shotguns and be able to fit on the longer range weapons so you have a close option for when that runner is too close for you to reasonably get him with your L42.
    Mini Flamer should do what actual flamethrowers do, give you some crowd control options against the swarms of lesser xenos. It has reduced range and ammo, which makes sense. But there’s no need to make it only spew useless welding fuel.

Anyhow, one way or another, attachments need a rework.