Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: yayyay007 - Moderator Application

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sargash View Post
    I read that you had previously been staff on Gmod? Just wanted to clarify if that rings a bell for ya!
    +1 from me though, very well written and nothing really makes me want to say something that hasn't been addressed. So I'd like to see you.
    Oh God. I blame Simplecities.

Yes, I have been staff of Garry's Mod before. Nothing major, just a small-time administrator dealing with managing the casual no-no's and the like. It was on a medium-roleplay server, so it kinda relates to the way it works here. I mostly neglected it because I didn't think it was substantial enough to reference--but yes, I was indeed a staff on a Garry's Mod server, just not on Space Station 13.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All right, Hello yayyay007, Thanks for applying for the Moderation team. Let's go thru some points shall we?

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Check the notes of the player:

If it's an old player, they should know better. Perhaps not noteworthy if it's not repeated in their notes (or a constant problem), and just force a name change.

If it's a new player, explain to them that they can't have the name due to naming rules (not being celebrities, known people, famous movie characters, etc.) and that it has to be something made of their own convention.
    If they broke a rule they should be noted, regardless if it happened 1 year ago or 2 days ago. Notes aren't punishment, they are a account history which is used to determine the seriousness of punishment on future violations. Belive it or not, we had instances before of players being permabanned because of repetitive instances of breaking the Rule 12 - Character names and refusal to change the name.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    First, inform the survivor that due to rule changes, no survivors can be hostile to marines until further notice. Tell them that they should pay more attention to the rules, perhaps note them for further reference. If it's a repeat issue, it could likely extend up to a ban from the survivor role entirely (which if I'm correct, moderators can't do, so it'd have to go up the chain).

Perhaps then, just leave it as it is afterwards, and watch over the survivor's later actions.
    Moderators can issue a Jobbans, Trial Mods cannot and must request to a moderator to apply it. Make sure of considering the of the considering the seriousness of the situation in hand. If it caused serious harm, you may want to jump the escalation from a simple warning to a 3 hour ban.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    If I'm playing in the midst of the round, I don't think I'm supposed to be handling IC matters. So I'll just have to ahelp myself, provide logs and leave it to the other staff who are on the job at the time.

It wouldn't be bad to record what I'm seeing or start OBS up though.
    No need to take logs yourself. If you ahelp, you shouldn't be taking any part on it. Let the other staff do the job. provide them with the max of informmation and they will follow from there. That rule pursues even on player reports and staff reports when you're involved.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Likely an IC issue, until the point that it gets a bit bad.

If they're stealing vital items (sentry crates, lifesaver bags), then I should probably step in and tell them to stop that. Checking note history and et cetera, it'd be best to tell them, while they can have fun, it shouldn't be at this much of an expense of others, and plus--it can completely block out the jobs of other people.
    Good, You got the spirit of the thing, Essentially is Round Start Shenanigans. It's usually a thin line which defines it. Boots and similar simple items are IC, anything that is a unique item which cannot be replace or is expensive to replace is under OOC boundaries.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Tell them that this does not follow violence escalation and they'll be getting a note for it (unless notes reveal conistent history). It goes from shoving/punching, high tier melee, then guns.
    Alright, There is a caution point there where you should be REALLY careful. First: The Essential, Rule 14 - Lethal Force.

Lethal Force does not only cover improper Escalation of events, but also does cover their MOTIVE for it. Even if the players escalated correctly, Killing another player because, "He stole Muh boots, so i PB'd him, it was correct escalation." is not ok and will be punished as such. 97% of the times it WON'T warrant a good reason to kill a fellow marine. So be watchful when enforcing this rule.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I don't know if moderators can marinesay, but if I can--then I'd definitely tell them that they have to A. stop attacking CiC, B. need to ahelp the mutiny to form and get approved, and C. mutiny rules (5 people and a good reason).
    Good Course of action but MOOCing this would let to the possibility of MPs and Command staff meta'ing the mutiny. Moderators have the ability to sleep everyone in view. If you have sigh of a group of mutineers and you have evidence of this group initiating a mutiny without authorization from staff, Sleep them first, ask questions later. After you resolved this thru PMs, MOOC it that there is no authorized mutiny from staff and ask them to stand down. Also, authorizing mutinies because "captain is shit, Captain is bad or captain is condom." is a big no.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    While racism is not approved, IC racism is alright aslong as it doesn't cross certain OOC boundaries. Aslong as it's lighthearted, and not obscenely dark or hateful, there's no need to intervene; just inform the player that it's not crossing boundaries.
    Another grey area. We have a definition for that. It's called Marine Bravado where marines uses those slanders on a jokeful way or complements between friends. However, when it's used in a derrogatory and mean way, it's racism and the player should be asked to tone done.

as Example: "Hey James, My Nigga, care to help me out filling those sandbags, you lazy bitch?" - Marine Bravado

"HEY CMP, GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU NIGGA."-Racism.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Rule 4.

Check their notes, most likely a long week-long ban, or even a perma at that. I don't think mods can give perma so, it might have to go up the chain.
    Correct. Mods don't issue permabans. The protocol is 7 day ban + a Permanent Ban request.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Tell them that they CAN'T kill friendlies under this circumstance. Even if it's RP, it doesn't follow violence standards. They should've went from pushing/punching, to high-tier, to guns. That's how it should've gone. While roleplay is the core of the server, they still have to follow the way violence has to escalate.
    Wrong, but don't worry. That's under the clarifications which is mostly unknown to the public, but again, It's a SUPER rare case. This type of situation doesn't REQUIRE an escalation. Allow me to put a a example here:

You're holding south pods with two lines of cades, one line already got destroyed and there is only one line stopping the queen from obliterating you. you head the one of the pods and one of the doctors is blocking the door claiming to be waiting for the dead CMO located on the CL's office. You both argue about and the queen is about to breach the cade line. You'll have at max, 10-15 seconds to enter the pod and force launch the pod IF the NanoUi dosen't troll you force you to spend another 5 seconds clicking on OOC tab to fix the NanoUI. The Time spam is too short and won't allow a escalation to be followed as if they finish up the escalation, you both will probally be dead.

My point here: On this circunstance, you're allowed to kill a fellow crewmember, AS LONG as you have a SOLID reasonable motive to do so.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Not really my place to argue. Plus, further adding to arguements is just going to end in nothing but mudslinging. If anything, leave it up to the senior staff to deal with, with logs/screenshots of the conversation.
    Managers***

Your answers are good but some stuff needed some clarifications and more can be given during your trial.

I support your application. +1
    Last edited by Hunk1; 03-15-2020 at 04:18 PM.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    snip
    Wow, thanks a ton. I'm definitely going to note this all down. Though, thank you for the forgiveness. I'm not TOO keen on moderator application, since I know severity and application change hand in hand when it comes to server--but I'll make sure I memorize when and what to do in situations, plus what a trial moderator is limited to. It's kinda like diving into an apple bob barrel blind, but you know a few of the apples from the start.

Either way, thanks; this is valuable stuff for me to keep in mind.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, take this.

+1
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 Worked with you before, you did well and didn't contribute to the drama at all. Just don't hang around the wrong crowd (though that isn't really a problem in CM).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This app looks solid. I'm confident any discrepancies can be sorted out with a trial.

This application has been accepted. More details will be found in your forum inbox.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.