Your Character Name?
    Orlando Blackburn
    Their BYOND Key
    ChainsawMullet
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    11:00PM EST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    - If a player breaks a rule, but increases the enjoyment of the server in general, (through roleplay or other such things) it can be overlooked. If no one admin helps (ahelp) a complaint, or seems to be complaining or taking issue with it, it may be best to let it go.

I was attempting to roleplay and increase the enjoyment of the round by doing what so many of the other marines were angry about, shooting the PO.

- We're a server focused on the enjoyment of the players. As long as the players are having a blast and not every single rule is being broken, it's okay to let some things slide here and there.

I was having fun retreating in a losing battle and trying to keep as many people alive as possible, once I knew the round was effectively over due to 40ish xenos and barely any marines lft.

- We are not a government repressing their citizens. Don't hassle players for literally everything.

It was during a test round where there were bound to be bugs, banning someone for not knowing what these bugs are is excessive.
    Description of the incident
    The round was a MOBA xenos test. The round itself was fairly unremarkable, just marines getting shit stomped because the command staff and squad engineers were either AFK or dead.

Marines got pushed all the way back to a barely-complete LZ1 FOB on Big Red, and evac was almost immediately called (By like 13:10 I think)

This round had both pilots being either extremely new, suffering from a lot of bugs, or extremely bad (or outright griefing). Several times it seemed that the pilots and command staff were just outright ignoring the players, including locking the doors to the Alamo during the round start and firing directly on lazes when they were near marines.

Having a mostly-silent command team and pilots that were doing less than nothing was annoying at the very least.

My character feels a great sense of camaraderie for his squad, and as a result is easily set off by command staff that do not value the lives of their soldiers. He tries to get as many marines back as possible, despite often being the delta squad leader. I often put myself in harms way of the squad not because it's the most effective thing to do, but because that is what the character would do.

According to ChainsawMullet, a bug with the MOBA xenos apparently caused them to be able to hit the PO in the normally-secure and invulnerable cockpit. In the rush to try and get on the dropship and evacuate the planet, the PO was not responsive after multiple attempts to get him to launch the ship. As a squad leader, I can go into the cockpit, so I do so. I see that this is the same PO that has been fucking with people since the start of the round, and obviously get more annoyed. I shoot a single flechette shell into the presumably-suicided PO at point blank, and then an LT launches the dropship. Most of the marines are dead at this point, even more of them dying due to the PO and command staff being distracted with a lurker or something.

I get off the dropship and leave the PO there, assuming he killed himself and then went AFK or ghosted, as that was what made sense when I considered the other options. Then, I get banned after being told that what I did was 'LRP' and 'griefing'.
    Evidence
    Banning someone because of buggy code creating an unclear situation does not seem like something reasonable to do, especially after dealing with all the other nonsense that round. How was anyone, including myself, supposed to know that boiler gas is now able to pierce through the cockpit on the dropships, which were previously completely invulnerable and impassable by everything.

When I have seen people either accidentally or purposefully interact with a bug, I would expect to be given some leeway on what occurs with it, instead of being treated as 'oh you should have known better' when there was literally no way for me to know that it was a bug, and not someone griefing, that caused the situation I was put in.

You can ask any of the other marines that were on the dropship that round, they thought that the PO was ignoring everyone, as POs often do during evacuations.
    How you would punish the accused
    Removal of the ban and note recording it.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would still have banned you for LRP and grief even if the PO did suicide. The fact that his death was caused by a bug is irrelevant - you took the situation in your own hands and decided to "roleplay" by pumping lead into a senior officer's corpse, effectively DNRing him, and then abandoned his body on the dropship for it to go down to xenos. At best that's LRP, at any other level it's griefing. Honestly, I could have (and maybe should have considering how you seem to justify it) banned you for longer.

It is not your right or responsibility to decide what happens to someone's body, nor is it your right or responsibility to pump lead into it, causing hundreds of brute damage, just because you're petty. What you did was straight griefing any way you look at it.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was alpha SL that was trying to keep queen from hijacking the Alamo in the first place. After that got screeched+gassed and sent to hard crit. But during that time I did see the cockpit get gassed. Otherwise the Alamo PO been taking a thousand years basically to do trips and only came down when basically marines were fighting at the last cade. When they did get done we were fighting on the LZ holding on for dear life. I honestly wouldnt blame him for killing the PO for screwing up that badly, it the cost of being transport PO you cant just miss your flights. Other thing to add medical was totally swamped after the evac and doubtful they wouldve been able to care for the PO anyway. TBH if I didnt get critted I might have tried to ensure the launch instead but well that a whole other story.

PO was new but no excuse for messing up evac so bad by being so late on picking us up.
    Might have not locked down the ship hard to say.
    No one knew the PO died from gas expect a few sitting near the cockpit area.
    Lack of comms from PO, or at least felt like.
    Medical couldnt save PO anyway due to massive rush of injured.

The pressure of the evac and how fubar the situation was becoming it not far fetched that JustL would basically BE the PO or rather doubletap the possible suicide victim as he said. He did think he suicided

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I already said, whether the PO suicided or died by a bug is largely irrelevant. Just L took it upon himself to do something that was not within his authority, and the result was an innocent PO being left DNR. Had he taken the PO off alamo and given them over to medical/the MPs (on suspect of NOD) he would not have been banned.

There's not much else for me to say, and I don't intend to get in an argument over this, so I'll leave the rest up to whoever pulls logs and my manager.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be depositing logs within the next 12 hours
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: From what I have seen in the logs, the PO was new, but is actually decently communicative.

The death of the PO:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Orland's Dialogue before the killing of the PO and the the attack logs:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mullet's PMs to Orlando and ban:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just posting a FYI: Since timelocks got removed, new players are joining on roles that they don't even bother to read the guide. Ignorance is not a excuse in the case of the PO, but you really shouldn't had shot him, instead should had ahelped.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    Just posting a FYI: Since timelocks got removed, new players are joining on roles that they don't even bother to read the guide. Ignorance is not a excuse in the case of the PO, but you really shouldn't had shot him, instead should had ahelped.
    I would have ahelped if it was a situation where I had the appropriate amount of time to do so. It was a very tense situation with a lack of information on all sides, buggy code causing some unexpected events on all sides, and as the logs show the PO said that he died to bug abuse.

Should the xenos also get in trouble for 'abusing a bug' when it was most likely just them not realizing that the game was buggy?

Also the PO did not go DNR, I was wearing a medical hud and he still was revivable after I shot a single flechette shell into him, which is NOT enough to permanently kill someone. It certainly hurts, but any slightly competent medic will be able to revive someone from that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Also the PO did not go DNR, I was wearing a medical hud and he still was revivable after I shot a single flechette shell into him, which is NOT enough to permanently kill someone. It certainly hurts, but any slightly competent medic will be able to revive someone from that.
    I said "effectively DNR" you increased the damage with one flechette yes, but one flechette shot shoots four pellets, which stack up to quite a lot of damage at point blank against marines, and then left him in the cockpit (which medics don't have access to).

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    I said "effectively DNR" you increased the damage with one flechette yes, but one flechette shot shoots four pellets, which stack up to quite a lot of damage at point blank against marines, and then left him in the cockpit (which medics don't have access to).
    Did the PO ahelp about me shooting him? From your logs, it says that he was ahelping about the xenos abusing a bug to kill him, from his perspective.