Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Staff Report - ChainsawMullet

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Did the PO ahelp about me shooting him? From your logs, it says that he was ahelping about the xenos abusing a bug to kill him, from his perspective.
    It came up in that conversation, yes.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Was alpha SL that was trying to keep queen from hijacking the Alamo in the first place. After that got screeched+gassed and sent to hard crit. But during that time I did see the cockpit get gassed. Otherwise the Alamo PO been taking a thousand years basically to do trips and only came down when basically marines were fighting at the last cade. When they did get done we were fighting on the LZ holding on for dear life. I honestly wouldnt blame him for killing the PO for screwing up that badly, it the cost of being transport PO you cant just miss your flights. Other thing to add medical was totally swamped after the evac and doubtful they wouldve been able to care for the PO anyway. TBH if I didnt get critted I might have tried to ensure the launch instead but well that a whole other story.

PO was new but no excuse for messing up evac so bad by being so late on picking us up.
    Might have not locked down the ship hard to say.
    No one knew the PO died from gas expect a few sitting near the cockpit area.
    Lack of comms from PO, or at least felt like.
    Medical couldnt save PO anyway due to massive rush of injured.

The pressure of the evac and how fubar the situation was becoming it not far fetched that JustL would basically BE the PO or rather doubletap the possible suicide victim as he said. He did think he suicided
    Yeah, this is what I am getting at. I wasn't actually going to shoot the PO if he was alive anyway, I was just threatening him to try and get him to launch faster—you know, PLAYING a ROLE, which is the point of the server.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put simply, given that any damage taken while dead has a direct effect on the possibility of that individual being revived, you shouldn't be blasting dead bodies. I understand the peripheral concerns related to the perceived suicide, but completely independent of the fact that you made an incorrect assumption on how they died, you simply shouldn't be shooting bodies. The IC justification for it is weak, and it isn't conducive to appropriate gameplay in CM. ChainsawMullet was correct in stepping in here.

Resolved; no action taken.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.