User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Scientific faculty of Riot Control

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Scientific faculty of Riot Control

In a recent CMP game, me and my very scientifically motivated colleagues established "The Scientific faculty of Riot Control" (SRC for short), and we applied the scientific method to our jobs, We asked ourselves the question: If an MP fires a tear gas grenade into a crowd of rioters, how many are affected/incapacitated by this? This is obviously very important, and will change the entire landscape of the game once we get the answer.
    In order to see who are incapacitated, we shot tear gas grenades at each other while wearing different kinds of face and eyewear.

At the moment our findings are meager at best, as we haven't tested out every single article of clothing, but the list of tested clothing will be expanded soon.

Eyewear that prevent the blinding effects of tear gas:
    Medhud
    RPG goggles

Facewear that prevent the painful effects of teargas:
    Breath mask
    Scarf(red)
    Gas mask

Pure facts are not good without any numbers, now, getting numbers through just looking at marines is a very problematic process, as they all run away when they see the CMP. There is however a way of getting these numbers: The morgue. This is where anyone who's willing to assist in my pursuit of science come in. Any soldiers who are dead at the morgue should all be counted up, and sorted into three categories: Those who wear protective eyewear, those who wear protective facewear, and the total amount of corpses counted.

So far I've only counted this:

Corpses: 3
    Mask wearers: 2
    Eye gear wearers:1

Once this list gets big I'll use my meager statistical knowledge and write a paper for a meme.

(Is this acid goop tier btw?)
    Last edited by Freshguac; 03-09-2020 at 01:14 PM.

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone who plays doctor regularly, I can say that roughly 1/3 marines wears a scarf wrapped around their mouth or a gas mask (since I have to strip those during surgery). Unsure about eyes, but RPG goggles seem extremely rare compared to stuff like sunglasses. Are you sure the latter doesn’t affect the gas?
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about Ballistic Goggles? Surely those should work for the eyes, if RPG glasses do...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Teargas is weak compared to flashbangs. while it can totally down people, marines typically will have some kind of facewear that just makes them totally not worth using in riot control, and that's sad

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, MP aren’t immune to teargas. They are immune to flash bangs. ....at least the flash component.

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine using teargas.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm... Who would have thought that measures which were designed to be used in order to pacify civilians won't work on properly equiped military personnel?

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Hmmm... Who would have thought that measures which were designed to be used in order to pacify civilians won't work on properly equiped military personnel?
    ...yeah, but only the baldest members of the military actually use gas masks. ...and scarves aren’t exactly military gear.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyPercent View Post
    ...yeah, but only the baldest members of the military actually use gas masks. ...and scarves aren’t exactly military gear.
    Gasmask no longer has reduced vision and while old sprite was simply bad, new one is kickass. Way better than breathmask.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, the new gasmask actually does stuff still? I thought the changelog said it became a cosmetic item with no ingame effect.

EDIT: the new sprite is awesome though