Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor Needs Love

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Griefers just either going shipside and killing people or would just kill the IOs asap. It mostly the shipside being absolute cancer since all of them have slug shotties, will hack in and get more, and just steal ID or upgrade their ID to hide from MD. Doesnt help that the griefers would act nice before killing IOs somewhere remote or acting nice then going postal on the ship once they got on.

This threat has nothing to do with hostile survivors anyway though.

Anyway survivors are a casualty of marine-alien buff wars+admin inability to stop metarushes. Basically delta, or some rambos from delta, and such would just rush caves causing all marines to push to caves to bail them out, aliens get rushed before strong enough aliens to deal with and get stomped. To fix all that and prevent marines from ever metarushing again aliens just get tier 3s at 12:15, the earliest drop time for marines. Winrates are better, xenos are happy, admins are happy, marines are always unhappy so who cares, survivor gang is on suicide watch.
    You even played when Survs could be hostile? They had to decide just before first contact with marines. They had to clearly state they are hostile. As soon as they said its cool, they weren't allowed to do any funny business both planetside and shipside. And because survs aren't whitelisted, admemes can react immediately to bad players.

Surv grieffing isn't even valid argument. Its 1000000000 times easier to grieff as PFC. If you survived long enough as a surv to meet marines, then you most likely had to play this server enough to be outside of the pool of "potential grieffers".

They either said clearly they are hostile, or they were friendly, no inbetweens. Any breaking of the rules should be just ahelped and thats it.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    You even played when Survs could be hostile? They had to decide just before first contact with marines. They had to clearly state they are hostile. As soon as they said its cool, they weren't allowed to do any funny business both planetside and shipside. And because survs aren't whitelisted, admemes can react immediately to bad players.

Surv grieffing isn't even valid argument. Its 1000000000 times easier to grieff as PFC. If you survived long enough as a surv to meet marines, then you most likely had to play this server enough to be outside of the pool of "potential grieffers".

They either said clearly they are hostile, or they were friendly, no inbetweens. Any breaking of the rules should be just ahelped and thats it.
    The hostile survivor issues were more recent up to the ban on them. Before they werent as bad but people started going shipside and such. I think at that time they loosened restrictions before the ban? Anyway survivors were getting more and more deadly to marines and outright hunting them down. Doesnt help marines couldnt tell if they were hostile or not till they got decap slugged.

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody wants to fight a survivor who hides in the dark and shoots marines whilst they are trying to either A. Defend a flank, or B. Construct defenses.

I play survivor occasionally. I survive, then go up to the Almayer and RP as some random role I come up with. Hostile survivors are just murderbone antagonists.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When survivors were introduced on the Nostromo map, they regularly wiped out the alien hive within ten minutes. After LV hit, they could often kill a fair share of xenos and make forts that rivaled marines. Around 2017 is when they evened out and became more like a gimmick role. If they're still around that same strength, they're probably going to stay like that for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LV is literally dog shit for survivors. It's literally hell. You have only 25% to get in secure storage.
    Even if they will get in secure storage, boilers will get em or crushers.
    Last edited by GeniyEvgeniy; 03-09-2020 at 12:11 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Survivors are like tank. you either make the game fun for the survivors and risk ruining rounds for 4 people to have fun, or you make survivors not fun so the other 150 people can have a good round. I dont care if xenos are bad, when survivors kill 10 xenos it fucks up the entire round for marines and xenos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Survivors are like tank. you either make the game fun for the survivors and risk ruining rounds for 4 people to have fun, or you make survivors not fun so the other 150 people can have a good round. I dont care if xenos are bad, when survivors kill 10 xenos it fucks up the entire round for marines and xenos.
    Again, this isn’t about kills. This is about being able to hold out until marine rescue arrives. Also, don’t compare the (former) power-trip simulator to a role that is all about teamwork and tough odds.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast Seer View Post
    Again, this isn’t about kills. This is about being able to hold out until marine rescue arrives. Also, don’t compare the (former) power-trip simulator to a role that is all about teamwork and tough odds.
    It not about teamwork and tough odds, all the best survivors literally left the newbs to die because they got in the way or ff. Survivors would literally go looking for aliens to kill. You may not think its about the kills but all the tryhards do and thats why they complain.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooper44 View Post
    Nobody wants to fight a Predator who hides in the dark and attacks marines whilst they are trying to either A. Defend a flank, or B. Construct defenses.

I play survivor occasionally. I survive, then go up to the Almayer and RP as some random role I come up with. Predators are just murderbone antagonists.
    fixed

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bread won’t try to kill a baldie hiding in there autism fort. The sweaty hostile survivor will kill Urist McBaldy and nab the FOB crate of supplies because ‘me antag ‘ ‘me kill all bravo now’